By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [RUMOR]Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU Core Stacked Inside the APU

I just don't see it. Ki would have no problem running 1080 and 60 frames if that where true

Around the Network
Goatseye said:
I don't want to get my hopes up.

I have serious doubts.

If this is true, then why is Killer Instinct running 720p @ 60FPS?  Is KI @ 720p just a ruse?  Something to throw people off or is it a limitation.

The benefits of a discrete GPU are somewhat limited, in my opinion.  While it substantially improves the graphics capability of the XO, I don't think we have a concept of what it could do beyond better graphics. 

cannonballZ said:
How much extra power does this supposedly give X1?

Do you remember those Rumors of Dev kits from MS sporting 7990 AMD cards or the E3 units running 680 or better Nvidia cards.  Well it probably would mean that the expect performace of the X1 is actually at that level or better.

If it is in fact 2 dGPU, why can't they run Killer Instinct in 1080p. Only 720p.

If that game can't be in 1080 on 2 dGPU's, I dunno what can :/

cannonballZ said:

roughly 1 cloud.

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
I just don't see it. Ki would have no problem running 1080 and 60 frames if that where true

I would blame more a developer like double helix for that than the machine itself... Double Helix made the "great" games Battleship, Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters and Front Mission Evolved.. I don't expect them to make a shining 1080p 60 frames masterpiece

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:

roughly 1 cloud.

That was an awesome response! I needed a good laugh this morning.

Machiavellian said:
Man you are really riding this one Adinnieken. I have to give it to your for your dedication. Now you actually got me looking forward to another date based on these consoles. Oh well, lets see what happens during Sept 29.

Interesting that a Digital Foundry article on Kinect 2.0 interested me on a comment made by Tom the Author. Its seems MS has been very quite about something and is bursting at the seams (me paraphrasing) to get this info out. I am not sure if the X1 has some secrete sauce but it would be interesting if MS actually did have this dGPU. The meltdown in the forums would be epic.

After that, I would then love if Sony comes back with 2dGPUs then another meltdown. The fall out would be so glorious.

I wouldn't have posted this if I didn't think this offered something new.  Not only new but persuasive.  The fact that there is an AMD employee who lists the Xbox One APU/dGPU as something he worked on is extremely interesting.  More interesting is the fact that it got removed.  Something's afoot.

On the flip side, the discrete GPU rumor, for both consoles, is old.  VERY old.  The only question is whether or not they're true.  Eventually we'll know.

Pretty awesome if true. When would we know?

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:

roughly 1 cloud.

Really?  Come on Walsufnir.  You know the rules.