By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [RUMOR]Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU Core Stacked Inside the APU

iamdeath said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Hope its true. Just wait for etomaz to come here and spin this thing around.....waiting...

There is nothing to spin.............this is a rumour and highly unilkely, all the hardware specs have been officially outlined for ages.

Actually thats not true. Theres about 30 % of Hardware info Microsoft is not saying anything about. It is a fact that there is a NDA on the APU design in Xbo One. Why? Who knows. But this is the 7th rumour on this in 3 weeks. So who knows.

On the real side. So far the PS4 dos not have ay game visuals that beat XboX One. ITs only launch I know. Bu if PS4 is relly more powerful, why do Sony feel the need to mention it 500 times a week. Saying look at Killzone etc. Because Forza 5, Ryse and Quantum Break all look at th top for ingame visuals. PS4 is currently leadinng nothing in the graphics department on release. And I expect DF and reviews to support this on launch.

Around the Network

The transitors count is a little off for what we have been shown till date, or what we´ve made belive by last year leaks.

It´s possible that there are some juice hidden inside those 5bi transistors.

selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
Hope its true. Just wait for etomaz to come here and spin this thing around.....waiting...

There is nothing to spin.............this is a rumour and highly unilkely, all the hardware specs have been officially outlined for ages.

Actually thats not true. Theres about 30 % of Hardware info Microsoft is not saying anything about. It is a fact that there is a NDA on the APU design in Xbo One. Why? Who knows. But this is the 7th rumour on this in 3 weeks. So who knows.

On the real side. So far the PS4 dos not have ay game visuals that beat XboX One. ITs only launch I know. Bu if PS4 is relly more powerful, why do Sony feel the need to mention it 500 times a week. Saying look at Killzone etc. Because Forza 5, Ryse and Quantum Break all look at th top for ingame visuals. PS4 is currently leadinng nothing in the graphics department on release. And I expect DF and reviews to support this on launch.

Think youll be dissapointed, after the KI downgrade to 720p, just wonder what other games were bull shitting there capabilities on high end PC's at E3

Adinnieken said:
walsufnir said:
cannonballZ said:
How much extra power does this supposedly give X1?

roughly 1 cloud.

Really?  Come on Walsufnir.  You know the rules.

Hey, do you know me? It was of  course meant in a funny way! :)

Note – This article is based off speculations from various parties, please take it with a grain of salt. Do head over to MisterXMedia for a detailed analysis on the Xbox One dGPU!

Why leave that part out? That guy is so full of shit it's not even funny. This isn't even a rumour. It's just flat out false.

Around the Network

People already started to count transitors. Something is terribly wrong with gaming community (((

To me this article is total crap. Ok, it is labeled as "rumor" but it is definitely wrong and I don't know why specs are still discussed.

NiKKoM said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
I just don't see it. Ki would have no problem running 1080 and 60 frames if that where true

I would blame more a developer like double helix for that than the machine itself... Double Helix made the "great" games Battleship, Green Lantern Rise of the Manhunters and Front Mission Evolved.. I don't expect them to make a shining 1080p 60 frames masterpiece

Careful.  Every argument has a double-edge to it.

I would argue whether or not it needs 1080p graphics or whether it looks just as good with 720p graphics scaled to 1080p.  Why not use smaller assets for a game that'll be downloaded, and use the capabilities of the silicon you built into your SoC to demonstrate the power of your console?  You have a separate scaler designed for this very purpose, why not show off how well it works?  That way other developers and skeptics can see just how good it works.

Especially for downloadable games.  Why include 1080p level assets when they take up more room and require more bandwidth to quickly download.  Smaller assets mean a smaller package and a quicker download in less bandwidth.  If I can make a game look like it's 1080p even though the assets are only 720p, Yay me!  It still looks awesome.  So who cares that I didn't use 1080p?  Is someone actually going to feel cheated if the game is impressive as hell when the assets are 720p on a 1080p capable system?  No.  No one will honestly care.

Xenostar said:
selnor1983 said:
iamdeath said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:

Think youll be dissapointed, after the KI downgrade to 720p, just wonder what other games were bull shitting there capabilities on high end PC's at E3

1. Sony has had not one single game running on finished hardware. Not one. Microsoft on the other hand as had Forza 5, Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3 running on retail Xbox Ones at E3, Gamescom and Pax. Confirmed by more than 5 sources. Including Digital Foundry.

2. There could be numerous reasons as to why certain developers are dropping the resolution. Including running out of time to rewrite code. Noone knows how long developers have had final devkits for either console. 

3. Forza 5 and Killer Instinct are getting praise for being the smoothest games at events like Gamescom and Pax. Sounds like concentrating on 60 fps was massively smart for launch titles. If Killer Instinct sells well, Im sure the next game will be native 1080p and 60 fps, wjilst having even more of tose amazing particle effects they have. The game already looks stunning. Best fighter visuals by a country mile.

4. I think Sony is setting its fans up for disappointment. What happens if this rumour is true? And its unlocked for 2nd wave games. Is possible, and will make Sony PS4 hugely underpowered in comparison.

Maybe because some people can't let it go. And try to find any way to get some hope for XBO be much powerfull then it already is.