By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 6 reasons why SE is a fail of a company

While they haven't been too great this gen they are hardly a fail of a company, and really seem to be making it up.

Kingdom Hearts 3 finally being developed? Check.
Final fantasy XV looking incredible? Check.
Re-release of Final fantasy XIV that doesn't suck? Check.

Can't really ask for much more right now (other than maybe a FF7 remake ;P)

Also, you saying FF13 and FF13-2 where "awful" is just an opinion. I those both were fantastic, and their reviews were also pretty good (FF13 was around 83 i think).

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
While they haven't been too great this gen they are hardly a fail of a company, and really seem to be making it up.

Whne are KH3 and FF15 coming out? Exactly. Besides, FF15 has been in the making since 2006. That is almost Duke Nukem (Sucks) Forever territory.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
Zekkyou said:

Whne are KH3 and FF15 coming out? Exactly. Besides, FF15 has been in the making since 2006. That is almost Duke Nukem (Sucks) Forever territory.

As i said, they seem to be making it up to us. Does it suck they didn't get started on those games sooner? of course, but the fact remains they are now and they look absolutely fantastic.

Also, FF15 has not been in development since 2006. For all intensive purposes, vs13 was a competently different game. They may be using assets from v13, but FF15 itself if a brand new game being built almost from the ground up. Looking at the footage we have seen, FF15 likely isn't more than 2 years away (it looks pretty polished already). KH3 is likely longer away, but it's nice for them to tell us work has actually began. 

You having to cling to release dates to put a negative spin on two games that are likely going to be incredible is also rather amusing.

Also, FF13 was awesome :D

I'd say let them rot but then I recall they got Eidos.
And I really love the new Tomb Raider games (The XBL/PSN one and the last Tomb Raider to come out are flat out Amazing).

Also Deus Ex was fun times.

Yeah, at least they got Eidos.

It's just that simple.

Zekkyou said:
AZWification said:
Zekkyou said:

As i said, they seem to be making it up to us. Does it suck they didn't get started on those games sooner? of course, but the fact remains they are now and they look absolutely fantastic.

Also, FF15 has not been in development since 2006. For all intensive purposes, vs13 was a competently different game. They may be using assets from v13, but FF15 itself if a brand new game being built almost from the ground up. Looking at the footage we have seen, FF15 likely isn't more than 2 years away (it looks pretty polished already). KH3 is likely longer away, but it's nice for them to tell us work has actually began. 

You having to cling to release dates to put a negative spin on two games that are likely going to be incredible is also rather amusing.

"Also, FF13 was awesome"... Then you'll love FF15 no question. I for one hated everything related to FF13 ( including the damn character in your avatar) so I am skeptical about FF15.

Around the Network

why shouldn't they make their games on tablets?

if everyone rips it otherwise anyway, putting games on tablets lets them keep developing games eventho they are not to your liking. stop whining buy their games if you wanna see them develop new and good games

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

AZWification said:
Zekkyou said:

"Also, FF13 was awesome"... Then you'll love FF15 no question. I for one hated everything related to FF13 ( including the damn character in your avatar) so I am skeptical about FF15.

No, FF15 and 13 looks about as different as two games in the same series can P: 15 is more along the line of Kingdom Hearts than a traditional FF game and concentrates on real time gameplay, rather than any kind of turn based stuff.

I'm sure i'll love 15, but probably for completely different reasons to why i liked 13.

I agree that they should give Chrono to Monolith soft. Would be awesome :D

Zekkyou said:
AZWification said:
Zekkyou said:

No, FF15 and 13 looks about as different as two games in the same series can P: 15 is more along the line of Kingdom Hearts than a traditional FF game and concentrates on real time gameplay, rather than any kind of turn based stuff.

I'm sure i'll love 15, but probably for completely different reasons to why i liked 13.

Well, I enjoy KH games......... So maybe this will be a FF game I will enjoy.  I already forgot when was the last time I enjoyed a console FF game.

Oh how the might have fallen