By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pre-Order GTA IV 360 version and receive.. Episodic Content??

@gebx

do you think SONY is that Dumb & Stupid...

they KNOW GTA IV is importANT....

not to mention Rockstar's future games are PS3 exclusives....i don't think such an opportunity will be given to M$

SONY will make sure of that..

they won't make the same mistake as they did with madded

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@gebx

do you think SONY is that Dumb & Stupid...

they KNOW GTA IV is importANT....

not to mention Rockstar's future games are PS3 exclusives....i don't think such an opportunity will be given to M$

SONY will make sure of that..

they won't make the same mistake as they did with madded

If they were smart, they would have never let the words 'Exclusive' enter Rockstar's mouth. Sony put their money on the brand and didn't worry about going exclusive this time. Bad move ... and even let MS get two extra episodes. MS FTW ...

Do you have a source for the future R* games being PS3 exclusive? It would be murder thanks to the install base and attach rates. There is just one R* game that's PS3 exclusive - an unnamed title.

If R* was all about showing some love to Sony, they woulda ported Bully to the PS3. 

"If R* was all about showing some love to Sony, they woulda ported Bully to the PS3. "

madskillz is my boy!

Anyways, if this is true, I would def. buy this pre-ordered limited edition with duffle bag on first day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Bully is on the PS2 noone needs it on PS3 especially since its the same thing.

50 freaking millions is enough to develop a AAA title, not a couple of expansions. I think MS got owned and ended up paying for most of GTA4 development costs, including the PS3 code base, rofl ;)

Also I seriously doubt they already started any work on the 2 episodes. Instead of working on the episodes they delayed the 360 version for 6 months so they could bring the PS3 version to the same level of quality to have a simultaneous release.

Also, there is nothing that prevents Sony from sponsoring the development of new DLC for the PS3 and also nothing prevents R* from making extra DLC content for both systems.

If the game sells well we will eventually see DLC content for PS3. Also, GTA4 is loved in Europe and we all know that either europeans love the PS3 or they just hate to mail RRoDed 360's across the Atlantic ocean for repair (it's not as easy as in NA, it's a pain in the ass).

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network

@dodece not going to factor in having to pay for Xbox online?? kinda important when the difference between the two versions is DOWNLOADABLE content

dgm6780 said:
@dodece not going to factor in having to pay for Xbox online?? kinda important when the difference between the two versions is DOWNLOADABLE content

You don't have to pay for XBL to get the DLC.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Sequel of one of the BEST PS2 games on PS3 - get GTA4 now, on ps3 only for 299$!

DLC is NOT availbale on x360 Core/ARCADE versions. =))
You need to use ONLINE to get DLC. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Personally I think it will sell signifficantly less between both the 360 and PS3 than it sold on the PS2 *ducks.*

Let's face it, GTA is the ultimate casual game, and it's on the least casual-friendly game systems ever made. I doubt it will break 10 million lifetime between both systems.

PooperScooper said:
Bully is on the PS2 noone needs it on PS3 especially since its the same thing.

So?

-Final Fantasy VII is on PS1, but people seem to want a PS3 version.

-Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was on Xbox, but they're making an updated version for 360 (and PS3)

@Crazzyman: I hope I don't need to explain how illegal a large portion of your sign would be.  Or how poorly worded that was.  Or how when PS3 is $299 (not this year) MS will be AT LEAST $80 cheaper.

I have a feeling the extra episodes (at least one) are done already, or at least in progress like the rest of the game.  My reason is that I believe they cut nonessential parts of the story to release as DLC for 360.  Take that as you will.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."