By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pre-Order GTA IV 360 version and receive.. Episodic Content??

kingofwale said:
>Wouldn't casuals just buy the cheaper console to play GTA IV?

But the thing is. Casual gamers don't buy a console to play 1 game.

Unless it's bundled in like Wiisport.

and for that matter, GTAIV isn't a casual gamer's dream game to say the least.

I don't get where you people come up with this... Any game that sells ~40m games over three versions absolutely is a casual game. The core market can't sustain those kinds of sales by itself or Halo would be a 15m seller, too (and even that game dips into the casual market a fair amount to reach 7-8m).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

>but, that GTA4 probably will sell 2:1 in first month IN USA, is pretty expectable.

I say 1.6-1.75: 1, GTA is still highly regarded by PS3 owners, and it will sell well on PS3.

Don't think it will move consoles in either platform, but it will sell millions of copies.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>but, that GTA4 probably will sell 2:1 in first month IN USA, is pretty expectable.

I say 1.6-1.75: 1, GTA is still highly regarded by PS3 owners, and it will sell well on PS3.

Don't think it will move consoles in either platform, but it will sell millions of copies.

I bet both the PS3 and 360 sell at least 50% more the month GTA IV releases.

>s ~40m games over three versions absolutely is a casual game. The core market can't sustain those kinds of sales by itself or Halo would be a 15m seller, too

if Xbox has the kind of userbase as PS2, it will without a doubt be a 15 million seller. I still believe GTA is one of the biggest hardcore game this year.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
CrazzyMan said:
f Halo3 is best fps game eva

FALSE don't you dare eva say that again, goldeneye n64 is best fps for consoles eva

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Good move on MS's part :P But I'm not sure how well that will fare in Europe, lets just hope Sony doesn't push a price cut prepping for this game along with MGS4.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

kingofwale said:
>s ~40m games over three versions absolutely is a casual game. The core market can't sustain those kinds of sales by itself or Halo would be a 15m seller, too

if Xbox has the kind of userbase as PS2, it will without a doubt be a 15 million seller. I still believe GTA is one of the biggest hardcore game this year.

GTA appeals to both kinds of players. Games don't necessarily have to be hardcore or casual, some games are both... See SSBB.

Any game that sells over 5-6m has to appeal to the casual crowd on some level or it wouldn't reach those kinds of sales in the first place.

For what it's worth, my friend, who is fairly casual (plays only WoW, Halo, and other big, hyped games) owned all the GTA's last gen on Xbox. Though I know, that is only one example.

@Topic: if it is indeed one of the exclusive episodes, if they advertise it properly, sales of the 360 version will absolutely hammer the PS3 version. Especially if the content adds something really big, like another area or two to the city.

The sign at Wal-Mart or Best Buy:

-Big picture of the GTAIV case (Xbox 360 version)
-Big letters: "PREORDER NOW! GET THE COMPLETE VERSION OF GRAND THEFT AUTO IV, EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX 360"
-They could get away with saying 'exclusively' due to the wording, as the 'complete version' would only be on 360.
-Small letters near the bottom: "GTAIV also available on Sony Playstation 3. Extra content not available."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

That would definitely make me buy the 360 version.

thekitchensink said:
For what it's worth, my friend, who is fairly casual (plays only WoW, Halo, and other big, hyped games) owned all the GTA's last gen on Xbox. Though I know, that is only one example.

@Topic: if it is indeed one of the exclusive episodes, if they advertise it properly, sales of the 360 version will absolutely hammer the PS3 version. Especially if the content adds something really big, like another area or two to the city.

The sign at Wal-Mart or Best Buy:

-Big picture of the GTAIV case (Xbox 360 version)
-Big letters: "PREORDER NOW! GET THE COMPLETE VERSION OF GRAND THEFT AUTO IV, EXCLUSIVELY ON XBOX 360"
-They could get away with saying 'exclusively' due to the wording, as the 'complete version' would only be on 360.
-Small letters near the bottom: "GTAIV also available on Sony Playstation 3. Extra content not available."

This is what I would do if I was planning MS's TV campaign

I would tack on a 15's commecial to the regular 30's GTA commercial, these 15's would show off the extra content ending with Episodic Content Exclusively on Xbox 360.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)