By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Pre-Order GTA IV 360 version and receive.. Episodic Content??

"While Microsoft has yet to publicly announce why the company is so sure the 360 will sell more copies of GTA IV than the PS3, XF has learned about FREE content that will be offered to those who pre-ordered GTA IV and pick up the game on launch day.

Details are still slim on whether the free content will be one of the episodes that Microsoft paid an arm and a leg for, but we wouldn’t be surprised."

http://xboxfamily.com/xf/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1353&Itemid=2

While they might not be surprised, I sure would be.

I doubt it would actually be one of the two episodes purchased by 360, though maybe MS is starting to take this more seriously and is looking to "woo" gamers.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

do we even know what the content is?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

http://www.videogamer.com/news/08-02-2008-7469.html

"Making sure that we own the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV from a platform perspective is really important," said (Shane) Kim.

"... we have the exclusive episodes. And so Xbox 360 is still going to have the ultimate experience for GTA4, but we have to make sure the customers know that. Because if you look back, again, to the role of GTAIII and what that played in terms of PS2's development - in Europe as well, because it was huge in Europe - GTA4, first time on our platforms, so that's a great opportunity for us. We need to take advantage of it," Kim explained."

"....people will still, if you just let things roll, associate Grand Theft Auto as a PlayStation franchise. Which means that we have to work really hard to make people understand that no, it's not, and that you'll actually get a greater experience on Xbox 360," said Kim."

Well giving away one of the episodes on pre-orders would help get the word out that the 360 version will have more to offer..

Maybe XboxFamily's prediction will be correct

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

The hype machine is just starting up. GTA IV will be the biggest game of the year. You can see it is starting to build and we are still 2.5 months from actual release.

As for MS and GTA IV. I think you can expect a huge focus on what this episodic content will look like. But, Sony will get their share of users to.

still don't know what's in those content packs, but I better hope Microsoft spent that 25 million dollars wisely.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

What the? Hmm, I think this game might sell a whole lo more than I initially thought when it was announced. And btw; gebx, love the avatar!! House rocks!

it would be a good trick by ms, certainly help pull GTA IV punters to the 360 version

I have said it - and I'll go on record here - MS spent $50M to have the complete version of GTA IV - and giving the first episode away for pre-orders is the best thing to advertise. Folks will flock to this offer.

Just add the word FREE to stuff and see folks run ...

good move,
now interesting how many causual gamers will actually care.
some hardcore gamers definetely will care, but how many casuals, that is the question. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

^
"Free" is always a good point with casuals, I think it'll be brilliant PR-wise across many demographics.