By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bethesda/Gearbox point out why they don't support Wii U

curl-6 said:

I have played both Borderlands and Skyrim, and found them both to be seriously flawed. Given that neither dev provides content that appeals to me, their lack of Nintendo support wouldn't hurt me even if I was a Nintendo only gamer, which I am not.

Why are you making this about you? This is about them and Nintendo. Everyone who has a lick of common sense knew they sold better on consoles but were made to be played on a PC.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

curl-6 said:

I have played both Borderlands and Skyrim, and found them both to be seriously flawed. Given that neither dev provides content that appeals to me, their lack of Nintendo support wouldn't hurt me even if I was a Nintendo only gamer, which I am not.

Why are you making this about you? This is about them and Nintendo. Everyone who has a lick of common sense knew they sold better on consoles but were made to be played on a PC.

Because my natural first response to an article about a dev not supporting a console I'm going to buy is whether it affects me. In this case it doesn't.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because my natural first response to an article about a dev not supporting a console I'm going to buy is whether it affects me. In this case it doesn't.

....and what if they were right, even if you don't like them? That is this development for instance. They aren't the first developers to speak out. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

....and what if they were right, even if you don't like them? That is this development for instance. They aren't the first developers to speak out. 

It's not  clear cut case of either Nintendo or third parties bearing 100% of the blame. Nintendo could certainly have made it easier, but on the other hand some devs have found success on Nintendo platforms.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It's not  clear cut case of either Nintendo or third parties bearing 100% of the blame. Nintendo could certainly have made it easier, but on the other hand some devs have found success on Nintendo platforms.

Name the western devs who have outside of Ubisoft on the Wii. The only reason the Wii U hasn't recieved Battlefield 3 yet is because of origin. Thats the only outside case of politics > hardware.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Name the western devs who have outside of Ubisoft on the Wii. 

Treyarch. Juncton Point. Traveller's Tales. Eurocom.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Name the western devs who have outside of Ubisoft on the Wii. 

I knew you would bring up Treyarch as if it mattered. What games did Junction Point, travellers tales make? Eurocom filed for Bankruptcy. I cannot imagine what the Wii saved them from.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

I knew you would bring up Treyarch as if it mattered. What games did Junction Point, travellers tales and Eurocom make, please?

I love how you discount Treyarch as if it doesn't matter.

Eurocom made Goldeneye 007 Wii, 1.77m sales.

Junction point made Epic Mickey, 2.89m sales.

Traveller's Tales did the LEGO games.

curl-6 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

I knew you would bring up Treyarch as if it mattered. What games did Junction Point, travellers tales and Eurocom make, please?

Such low standards for third party profit.

Eurocom filed for Bankruptcy.

I believe Disney interactive broke down after they bought Lucas Arts. They gave all the rights to EA. I believe the reason for that was because of the bad reception around Epic Mickey 2, correct?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
curl-6 said:

Such low standards for third party profit.

Eurocom filed for Bankruptcy.

I believe Disney interactive broke down after they bought Lucas Arts. They gave all the rights to EA. I believe the reason for that was because of the bad reception around Epic Mickey 2, correct?

Eurocom went bankrupt over the flop of 007 Legends, a PS3/360 game.

Epic Mickey 2 went multiplatform, so if you're going to lay the blame there, Microsoft and Sony must share it.