By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - [UPDATE] Xbox One Could Possibly Feature a Powerful Discrete GPU + APU rumor - New Sources and Info!

dsgrue3 said:
nightsurge said:

Apologies, my good sir. It appears I may have made some rash assumptions when I began discussing this with you.

I tend to assume that, when having a discussion with someone on the internet, they meet the minimum requirements of bodily function and have at least basic reading comprehension. If that's not the case, I'll gladly indulge you and point out your fallacy once again. I bolded it above, since you missed it. It is one I see you have repeated multiple times and it is the premise of my comment that spawned this entire tangent.

"Forum Experts already debunked it."

People with technical expertise have explained to you in no uncertain terms that this rumor has no merit.

You see, no one on this thread has done what you keep claiming. Also, the fact that you assume they have high credentials is laughable. While a very very select few (myself included) may have higher than average computer hardware credentials, the majority of thread posters contributing to your claims were not technically advanced and did not offer any credible support for or against the rumors. I assure you I am far from a layman when it comes to these topics, but I assume you are a layman (I believe you even admitted such, yourself), given that you do not ever offer arguments yourself, you simply claim that the arguments of others have already done the work. In hind-sight, I can see why you keep making this false assumption now, since you are a self-proclaimed layman in terms of advanced computer technology.

There have been some posters in this thread that have provided evidence to support the rumor in some regard, and some posters have provided evidence against. I don't think anyone in this thread expects the rumor to have any chance of being accurate, verbatim, as that would be crazy. No one on this thread has been able to adequately confirm or deny the rumor outright. This is what you keep missing, and thus yields your fallacy that "it has no merit or has already been debunked."

If you truly believe in your claim, please feel free to provide any cogent evidence of it. As currently all we have are your unfounded claims and an appearance of a falsely attributed superiority complex bordering on the hyperbolically asinine.

It's pretty clear you didn't actually read the thread as nearly every single person who has any credibility on this site on hardware topics shot this rumor down. 

But hey, enjoy those clouds.

Actually just saying "No it cannot be true" isn't really debunking anything.  In any debate, you have to present your side of an Opinion voice with experience and information to support it.  Most people debunking just said "Nope can't happen" which is very weak argument.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
dsgrue3 said:

It's pretty clear you didn't actually read the thread as nearly every single person who has any credibility on this site on hardware topics shot this rumor down. 

Actually just saying "No it cannot be true" isn't really debunking anything.  In any debate, you have to present your side of an Opinion voice with experience and information to support it.  Most people debunking just said "Nope can't happen" which is very weak argument.

Except that isn't what happened. Many people went into detail about why this rumor was bunk. And don't you dare shift the burden onto skeptics, it's on the claim maker to provide evidence.

DJEVOLVE said:
Ashadian said:
bobgamer said:
Well, that's that for this rumor.
I'm not going through 350 posts, so can anyone that has read them answer me this: did anyone (particularly xbox fans) believe this? When i saw this on gaf it was pretty quickly debunked, and i'd love to have some laughs.

It was never believable! Just desperate people trying to clutch at straws. Common sense went out of the window. Ethomaz and DrKohler explained in great detail why it was impossible many times. The 2nd clue was how come ne respecatble tech site ever gave this rumour any credence

LOL Ethomaz is giving him self credit. LOLOLO> So this is your second accout? LOL

I'm from the UK. Ethomaz is from the US i presume? Duh

DJEVOLVE said:
Stinky said:
Ashadian said:
bobgamer said:
Well, that's that for this rumor.
I'm not going through 350 posts, so can anyone that has read them answer me this: did anyone (particularly xbox fans) believe this? When i saw this on gaf it was pretty quickly debunked, and i'd love to have some laughs.

It was never believable! Just desperate people trying to clutch at straws. Common sense went out of the window. Ethomaz and DrKohler explained in great detail why it was impossible many times. The 2nd clue was how come ne respecatble tech site ever gave this rumour any credence

A couple of observations:

• Not many people actually paid credence to this rumour, but were discussing the possibility
  • This was accompanied by a ton of posts shouting this discussion down
  • Your account only seems to post when ethomaz is banned

He needs a second account because he gets banned a lot. He is always in everysingle xbox thread Downplaying  everything.

Its quite easy to tell i'm not Ethomaz as my english and his is quite different

Machiavellian said:
Ashadian said:
Nsanity said:
Ashadian said:
Nsanity said:
Ashadian said:
Check this out

Yes the Clouds will give extra performance from the sky!
Devs have stated that the PS4 is more powerful than X180. But your right how would they know that? What with you being an expert and all.

John Caramck said they're very close:  http://kotaku.com/john-carmack-on-ps4-vs-xbox-one-specs-theyre-very-c-994733823?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

What about the NDA??? NDA???? NDA????

What about it?

I remember quite a few posters here mentioning the secret holy grail NDA as the reason why MS or AMD couldn't mention the secret sauce DGPU. There was no NDA but alot of people were willing to believe in it and defend it to the hilt just like the DGPU. There was never any chance of the DGPU as it was impossible with the current tech and a waste of time as a more powerful GPU like the 8970 would be cheaper than a 2 GPU solution. Also imagine coding for that solution?

I'm from the UK. Ethomaz isn't from the UK

No, what you remember is people stating that under NDA, a company would not disclose information about something if they were under the agreement.  Just like the whole thread, it was a discussion on the merits of the information.  What many stated is that the rumor plugged the whole where MS would not go touting about the dGPU until the Sept date.  This is the problem with trying to have debates on subjects because most times people like yourself cannot separate people commenting on information compared to being desparate or wishing for something to be true.

Even your argument does not take into considerations on timming.  I am looking forward to AMD announcement to see if they are actually doing a dGPU for the line of chips or not.

Where did this secret NDA come from? MS? AMD? Intel??????? MisterXmedia bullshitter!

There is no secret NDA!

People claimed that the DGPU was real and the NDA based off nothing more than MisterxBullshit. There is no other phantom source!

DrKohler wrote a list of reasons of why it was all bollocks did he not??????

Its on the people who were giving credence to this rumour to back it up with one reliable source not the other way round!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Darth Tigris said:
Finally an official statement. And no one doubting his honesty.

It'd make sense then to also believe the other statements by Penello too and not be selective, right?

What other statements has he made that were doubted?

He has left numerous posts on NeoGAF and there are an unfortunate number of posters that are really mean and rude to him just because he says something that they don't want to believe.  Among them were rumors that came from that CBOAT character that Penello said were inaccurate and explained why but they don't want to believe him and keep calling him a PR schill.  It's nuts over there, man.

People saying ethomaz is giving himself credit, when he is more credible, non troll and by himself got a bunch of fools banned. Don´t think he needs an alter ego to catch even more people on saying idiotic things.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

dsgrue3 said:
Machiavellian said:
dsgrue3 said:

Except that isn't what happened. Many people went into detail about why this rumor was bunk. And don't you dare shift the burden onto skeptics, it's on the claim maker to provide evidence.

BAHAHAHAHAHA there isn't a single soul around here and more than likely on GAF that has anywhere close to the knowledge needed to debunk a topic like that. Certainly nobody working on the dev side of things, nobody with low level of computer science knowledge. pretty much nobody unless they are an electrical engineer or better actively working in R&D at IBM, AMD, Intel or the likes.
the debunking mombojumbo we have seen on each side is about as accurate and valid, than a high school math teacher is knowledgeable about advanced applied quantum physics. he is good with numbers but that's about it.
as long as I don't have actual data and quantifiable analysis you can tell me whatever you want, it won't make it right or for that matter wrong
PROGTFO (Peer Review Or Get The Fuck Out)

DonFerrari said:
People saying ethomaz is giving himself credit, when he is more credible, non troll and by himself got a bunch of fools banned. Don´t think he needs an alter ego to catch even more people on saying idiotic things.

oh yeah what makes ethomaz so credible???? there isn't anybody remotly credible around here beside maybe one or 2 guys that have some form of modest knowledge and you don't see them argue usually. and ethomaz is certainly not one of them.

endimion said:
DonFerrari said:

oh yeah what makes ethomaz so credible???? there isn't anybody remotly credible around here beside maybe one or 2 guys that have some form of modest knowledge and you don't see them argue usually. and ethomaz is certainly not one of them.

Ethomaz is a hardware engineer or something. Think he works at Intell.

Also there are a lot of other credible people here, just none that you like I guess.