By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible For The PS4 To Outsell XB1 In NA This Yr And Lifetime... I Believe So!

Iz it possible for the PS4 to outsell the XB1 In NA this year and next gen?

yes 210 75.54%

maybe 29 10.43%

no 26 9.35%

i think the WiiU will sell the most in NA 13 4.68%

Total:278

I think it's a given.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
Oh easily. North America may still go to Microsoft but their inability to sell in Japan is going to give the lead to Sony. Microsoft will never have a first place console because of Japan. Now that Nintendo blew their one year lead with the WiiU, Sony should easily take the crown.

The chances are not as good as last gen that Microsoft will replicate the Xbox 360 sales in America this gen.

Never underestimate Microsoft's strategy of throwing money at the problem until it goes away. 

Throwing money isn't the same as a winning strategy. See every gen Sony has had and how they eventually caught up to Microsoft after their worst gen ever (Something Microsoft has never done to them).

I was partly joking, Microsoft spent billions advertising their Windows Phones and I only know like 3 people who own one. And I'm one of them! On the other hand getting Fifa bundled for preorders could not have been cheap so I'm sure Microsoft is ready to spend a lot more money trying to get this thing a success. If they're getting beat in NA this holiday then they will make some desperation moves. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I'm sure something like a Halo/Gears/Madden/maybe CoD XBOX One bundle will keep them very popular in North America. The Halo 3 bundle was HUGE for M$ last gen, I expect something similar next gen.

Human contact, the final frontier.

While the Xbox does have a bit of a brand loyalty advantage, I still think America is primarily loyal to price especially if the games that most care about are identical (CoD, Madden, etc). If Sony can win the launch, it will be big because the chain reaction of people wanting to get the same console as their friends will start so they can play online. Price and getting the same console as friends is what really got the Xbox 360 rolling this generation. I think Sony is learning a few things about that.

Basically, no company has America locked down come a new generation as much as people have said in the past.

Worldwide - not contest. MS doesn't even seem to be trying too much except throwing a couple bones like Fifa for the Europeans. And a PS4 can be bought with Fifa cheaper than the Xbone.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Upon looking at pre-orders for USA, it looks like my theory of FPSes leading M$ to victory in NA is flawed. I was stunned to see that KZ:Shadow Fall has a comparable number of pre-orders to CoD:Ghost on the XB1. So I suppose FPS players aren't just going to buy the XB1, and as FinalEvangelion mentioned, if early adopters choose the PS4, then that leads to a chain reaction. Especially with online-oriented games, you buy the game so you can FSU with friends.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network

I can see it happening

Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Throwing money isn't the same as a winning strategy. See every gen Sony has had and how they eventually caught up to Microsoft after their worst gen ever (Something Microsoft has never done to them).

I was partly joking, Microsoft spent billions advertising their Windows Phones and I only know like 3 people who own one. And I'm one of them! On the other hand getting Fifa bundled for preorders could not have been cheap so I'm sure Microsoft is ready to spend a lot more money trying to get this thing a success. If they're getting beat in NA this holiday then they will make some desperation moves. 

Microsoft was just filling in gaps because they know Sony is naturally favored in Europe. Many people who live in Europe can still get both Fifa and a PS4 cheaper than an Xbox One with a free Fifa.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Fusioncode said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft was just filling in gaps because they know Sony is naturally favored in Europe. Many people who live in Europe can still get both Fifa and a PS4 cheaper than an Xbox One with a free Fifa.

True but the Fifa bundle will ensure a sold out Xbox One at launch. Personally I think they would have sold out anyways and the bundle was just a waste of money. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

This year, yes. Though lifetime I believe the One will sell higher in NA by a small margin, ~5 million max. The PS4 will start strong (so will One), but the One will pick up greater steam once Halo and Gears are released.

That's your easy prediction ever