By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ZACK & WIKI doesn´t flop

The 300k is shipped to NA/Japan as of Dec 31. So those 300k could be very well be sales by now. Then you add the 70k for others, it might be at 370k right now or so.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

Zack and Wiki will easily reach 500k this year. That's a healthy profit, especially for a niche game.

370k? Had that been a PS3 game, everyone would have said it flopped. Just look at the comments from Uncharted, back in like, December

BMaker11: There's no way Z&W's development cost was as much as Uncharted.

Thats good for capcom and zack and wiki, I see 1 million lifetime possibly

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
370k? Had that been a PS3 game, everyone would have said it flopped. Just look at the comments from Uncharted, back in like, December

How many posts were there that Zack and Wiki was ensured to be an AAA+ title that would sell 2+ Million units and dramatically boost hardware sales?

Regardless of whether PS3 fans want to remember it or not, games like Motorstorm, Uncharted, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Unreal Tournament and Ratchet and Clank were all being hyped as being the equal to Bioshock, Halo 3 and Super Mario Galaxy.

Well, it just sold one more. Just picked it up. Finally the $29.99 price reached us here in Canada. Yeah!!!

If they do make a series out of this, and let's hope they do, each edition should help blooster previous editions sales as new people discover the game.

Also nice to see it back on the Top 200 in NA sales this week too.

BMaker11 said:

Lets look at the two games shall we?

Z&W: Low budget game in a very niche genre (point & click adventure), low software expectations

Uncharted: Moderate-High budget game in a fairly mainstream genre (action adventure), high software expectations.

If Uncharted had got 370k in sales it would have flopped, badly. Z&W is a completely different case. 

Hope I'm not the only one NOT surprised by this. It was a cheap game, good reviews, on a console desperately in need of good games. I won't be surprised to see it close in on, if not surpass, 500G when all is said and done.

I did my part today. I bought the game. Have not played it yet, but looking forward to it.