By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ZACK & WIKI doesn´t flop

Zack and Wiki doesn't flop.... It Waggles!!

<Cue Laugh Track> 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Yeah in my book if Z&W hits 300k sold to consumers its done very well. If it breaks 500k lifetime then I would call it a huge success.

Despite all the game has been through up to this point I think it can break 500k lifetime and as a result there will be a Z&W 2 and I hope they give it the attention it needs...not just during development but after as well.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Finally part of the solution, got my copy today. I feel almost as happy as zack and that bastard monkey look on the front cover.

If Capcom isn't interested in doing a sequel, I suggest Nintendo to fund the development themself, or even buy out the rights to develop it inhouse. I hope they gonna bring Z&W to the DS someday.

Rath said:
BMaker11 said:
370k? Had that been a PS3 game, everyone would have said it flopped. Just look at the comments from Uncharted, back in like, December

Lets look at the two games shall we?

Z&W: Low budget game in a very niche genre (point & click adventure), low software expectations

Uncharted: Moderate-High budget game in a fairly mainstream genre (action adventure), high software expectations.

If Uncharted had got 370k in sales it would have flopped, badly. Z&W is a completely different case.

And poorly advertised...

Now, I need to get a copy, I finally saw one in the wild...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Guys, capcom confirmed long ago that Z&W2 is already planned.

It hasn't been released in Australia or NZ yet - more sales coming.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I love the flopped vs. non-flopped arguement.

Rath hit it right on the head. It's like the analogy of independent vs. mainstream arguement in the music business

independent - low cost at putting out your own music, do it your self logic (meaning less people to pay) and niche/some what limited audiences. so they usually get high returns when their records sell moderately

major - high cost, big budget, marketing push, team of publicist, studio managers, fashion managers, etc. supposed to appeal to a wide variety of people or a several "niche" markets all at once. if the records don't sell mega millions they lose money.

it's like how an independent group can sell 50-100k of thier record and make a million bucks off of it.

vs.

a major label band selling 50-100k and getting dropped off of their label.

simple science

www.talkxbox.com - It is what it is!

shams said:
It hasn't been released in Australia or NZ yet - more sales coming.

Actually now I think about it, its the type of title Wii owners in NZ would pick up, generally Wii owners here are more oldschool gamers and Nintendo fans than the wave of new gamers in other countries (hence the Wii sells less in NZ than the other two as it has not hit the casuals) so I imagine that at least in NZ it will have a good attach rate. Not sure about Australia - probably follow close sales patterns to the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zack-Wiki-Quest-Barbaros-Treasure/dp/customer-reviews/B000WIOOFC

still sold out on Amazon.co.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zack-Wiki-Quest-Barbaros-Treasure/dp/customer-reviews/B000WIOOFC

still sold out on Play.com

Also still sold out at my local Woolworths, Game, Gamestation and Blockbusters store. Seems there's some problem with some retailers getting order numbers correct - I think sales may drag up slowly for Zak and Wiki for a while to come yet.