IN OTHER SOLD 70,316

TODAY 370.316

Around the Network
yue123 said:

NUMBER OF CAPCOM FOR Q3

ZACK AND WIKI 300.000 IN JAPAN AND AMERICA

IN OTHER SOLD 70,316

TODAY 370.316

the first 2 numbers are shipped however.

but i do agree with you that it hasn't flopped =) 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I think it may just have some legs in europe to a la phoenix wright - Capcom know it takes a lot to get a new IP off the ground.

Imagine a 2nd Zak and Wiki gets released when the Wii's install base is larger, gets proper advertising and say 75% of the people who bought it pick the first up - there's still a lot of hope for this franchise yet.

Flop is relative term. If Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Final Fantasy 13 ended up selling a million, then they'd be considered extremely disappointing flops. Heck, even 3 or 5 million could be called a flop with games as big as those.

300k for a low budget game from a genre that died almost a decade ago because nobody was buying it anymore? Not the smashing success a lot of people were hoping for, but definitely not a flop either.

I'm sure Capcom is definitely happy with the 300k for an adventure game with no advertisement. However I think the Japan+US retailers overestimated Zack & Wiki's sales since only like a third of the shipment was sold to gamers, which means if a sequel is released, the retailers would very likely order a much smaller shipment.

But even if that shipment was on par with costumer sales, Europe would still be Z&W's saving grace, the region that accounts for most sales of adventure games.

Around the Network
shio said:
I'm sure Capcom is definitely happy with the 300k for an adventure game with no advertisement. However I think the Japan+US retailers overestimated Zack & Wiki's sales since only like a third of the shipment was sold to gamers, which means if a sequel is released, the retailers would very likely order a much smaller shipment.

But even if that shipment was on par with costumer sales, Europe would still be Z&W's saving grace, the region that accounts for most sales of adventure games.

Huh?  I had a terrible time finding this at retailers (in America) for the first few weeks.  It's easy to find now that I have a copy, but they still only have 1-2 copies when they have half a dozen or more of oher games

yeah the game is doing better then expected

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It is kind of sad though, Carnival games > Zack and Wiki more than 3:1

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

^i know but carnival games got advertising this didnt

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I hope it hits the 500k mark. It's a great game, there is no reason it should not. It would probably already be there had some advertising been done.