By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Champions League 2013 - 2014

crissindahouse said:
menx64 said:

I agree... 100 million for Bale is simply crazy... I mean Suarez was $50 and Ozil e50 millions... I would rather go with Suarez + Ozil than Bale... 

as long as they will get enough jersey sales in the world and will get enough money to tour through asia or africa everything is fine^^  if they stop to waste so much money nobody will be interested in seeing those stars anymore since many only look at them if they are so expensive. i'm pretty sure a ronaldo made all his money back only with jersey sales, not to talk about how much they get to play against a chinese team or whatever...and they can obviously also sell the player after some years so that they get some of the investment back.

i really believe that the costs for some 20-30m players are worse for the club as a superstar for 100 million you buy every 5 years or so. and if he wasn't a superstar before they just make him a superstar with that money so that everyone will pay for something with his name.

They probably don't even get enough money from his jersey sales in the foreseeable future to pay his first year's salary.

Around the Network

Really glad that Napoli was able to get that win. Insigne and Higuain did great! I'm hoping that the Italian clubs have a good showing this year so they can starting bringing up their UEFA coefficient....

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

What's going on with United? I'm not watching the game. How are they losing so badly?

missed the games... only saw some highlights cause I'm in China for work... but my precious Ajax got a point!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Really glad Napoli got the win and Milan held off Barca....a point is better than nothing! Hopefully Juve can hold its own against Real Madrid tomorrow. Forza!

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Around the Network

Crazy game. Arsenal has a good team this year and and they were basically head to head against Dortmund.
The 2nd goal was a little bit lucky, but I won't apologise.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Why is Torres a different player in Europe? Anyway nice matches today and now i'll go back crying for ajax

kowenicki said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Crazy game. Arsenal has a good team this year and and they were basically head to head against Dortmund.
The 2nd goal was a little bit lucky, but I won't apologise.

Very lucky.

Arsenal deserved at least a draw.

Strange decision from the ref on Lewandowski too?  Was it a foul or accidental?  IF it was an intentional foul then its a red, not a yellow.

Arsenal had 1 big chance in the 2nd half that could have been a goal and that was the one against the bar.
Other than that there was nothing too amazing or situations where Dortmund was very lucky.

Sure Arsenal had more possession, but they failed to create something from it. Dortmund failed to play their counters effectively, but Arsenal knew they couldn't play too offensive, because they might get such a counter and this is exactly what happened.

Lewandowski was not a red card. Not even close.

1:1 would have been okay, but Dortmund won, because they played smarter than Arsenal and had the better defense. They just invested more in this game. Dortmund ran about 15km more than Arsenal did for example.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

gonna watch Real - Juventus

While I think Juventus is the better team.. Real is leading.. -_-"

and on my tablet i was also looking at Anderlecht - PSG.. and I must say Ibrahimovic.. magical.. Shame that he or Ronaldo won't be on the WC..