By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

kingofwale said:
>Let me ask you this. If you truely didn't want Wii owners to respond, what was your goal in asking this question.

Because I want to hear ONLY from PS3 and 360's owner's view on this?

What part of that don't you understand?

It's meant for people to post their opinion and leave, (like a survey), i don't want to (try not to) start any big debate with Wii owners here. Can you at least respect that?

And why don't you want Wii owner's opinion on the game?

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
Around the Network
BornFirst. said:
kingofwale said:
BornFirst. said:
@kingofwale:

For people like you, this gen is gonna be a hard one, simply put, because there will be games you do not understand that will sell very well, but i am hoping as time goes on you open your heart a little more and give these things a try before you dismis them, i am asuming you have not even touched the balance board or seen many games for it.

> And I saw you mention, kingofwales, that you see people saying minigames or party games are going to take over. Who's said that? Have any references?

let me quote it for ya, (well, it's above. lol)

No where in that statement did i say it would take over, infact what i did say are games that you don't understand aka wii fit sell a lot, and by your veiw will keep you dumbfounded , try and read through my post properly and don't put words in my mouth, thanks

You actually solidified my point.  BornFirst did not, in any way, say mini games were going to take over.  He explained that there will be games that you have no interest in, that many others will.  Defending that the games are in demand, and its valid for people that like them, to like them.

I understand you are not looking for Wii owners opinions, but I also own a 360, so since maybe I half fit, I'll let you know that I'm definitely interested in WiiFit.  I just enjoy things more that are in video game form.  I think WiiFit will help me be more motived to regularly exercise.  I believe it keeps track of stats.  Weight and work out stats.  I'll love that!  I love stats, and trying to beat my previous workouts, and seeing graphs on my progress, and how I compare against my family, heh.  I'm fairly competative actually.  And with this game tracking data, I'll have a great time pushing and be pushed to exercise by myself and family members.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

>And why don't you want Wii owner's opinion on the game?

because I have a pretty good idea what they will say already, there has been PLENTY of threads regarding Wiifit on this forum before this. and this is JUST for PS360 people (and PC gamers)

please, Crashman, this is not a thread for you, let other's participate please.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
CrashMan said:
kingofwale said:
>Let me ask you this. If you truely didn't want Wii owners to respond, what was your goal in asking this question.

Because I want to hear ONLY from PS3 and 360's owner's view on this?

What part of that don't you understand?

It's meant for people to post their opinion and leave, (like a survey), i don't want to (try not to) start any big debate with Wii owners here. Can you at least respect that?

And why don't you want Wii owner's opinion on the game?

Because the goal of the thread is "Balanced" aswers ... Just like if I created the thread "Do High Definition Graphics Matter? (No XBox 360 or PS3 Owners!)" ... Obviously, you achieve the most balanced view of something if you completely eliminate one viewpoint and encourage the contrasting viewpoint.

Yes there have been plenty of threads regarding WiiFit, and the "PS360 people" posted in them aswell.

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
thanks Therealmafoo. did you explain why you'd buy a Wii just for Wiifit? I might've missed that

and no, I didn't mean you.

Yes, I did. Back on page two. My original response:

For me, when WiiFit comes out, I will probably buy a Wii. (or buy one a month or so before, as I will not be able to find one for 6 months after).

There are 2-3 games on the Wii I would like to play. Two games alone is not worth buying a system, but if WiiFit really does a good job of making exercise fun, I will buy it even if I never buy a game for the system (of course I will by 1 or 2 games I am sure) 

>Because the goal of the thread is "Balanced" aswers ...

where did I say I want "balanced" answer? Please quote me.

I want what PS3/360 owner's opinion, that is all, I will not repeat myself again.

>but if WiiFit really does a good job of making exercise fun, I will buy it even if I never buy a game for the system (of course I will by 1 or 2 games I am sure) 

Thanks, please let us know... say... 2 months after you get the game, and tell us if you are still working out. lol, the major thing about work out machine is that people lose interest quickly. So, please feel free to comment back 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Griffin said:
I just went and watched the video's on that site and the ones posted in this thread, and i must say that i'm even more disappointed in wii fit.

Why exactly?

kingofwale said:

>Because the goal of the thread is "Balanced" aswers ...

where did I say I want "balanced" answer? Please quote me.

I want what PS3/360 owner's opinion, that is all, I will not repeat myself again.

So you admitting you want to be pandered to and any unbiased response contrary to what you want to believe is something you don't want to here.

As such you are telling us all of your posts should be ignored by any individual who thinks logically and intelligently.   Unfortunately that won't happen as intelligent people know ignorance is damaging to the population as a whole.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

I'll buy an extra Wii for Wiifit.