By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - View of Wii-fit from a non-Wii owner's prespective (No Wii owners allowed)

kingofwale said:
TWRoO said:
@kingofwale... I just want to ask, why can't you use the quote button? are you posting from a restrictive browser (phone?) or something?

regarding Wii Fit, I can't say I was initially interested in the ame at all, but the actual balance board opens up a lot of possibilities for me, and I hope soon that third parties get their asses into gear reagarding some neat ideas.

I have grown a bit more interested in the actual Wii Fit game though, because early on I had only seen videos for the Yoga, the Skiing and the football heading thing, which didn't seem worth it (the skiing looks good but I wasn't going to buy all that just for 1 minigame).
I am in two minds whether to buy it still, but that's mainly because it will be expensive and I rarely spend more than £40 on a game... I imagine I might get it when it is chaper and some other games have included the functionality of the balance board (no doubt all early third party efforts will just be copies of Wii fit, or else hybrids of Wii fit and DDR though)

because I don't like box within box within box... lol, you catch my drift.

Thanks for someone for posting 2 videos. I've only seen Wiifit in action in the soccer game, but wow, poor guy's first pushup wasn't even counted. lol, what's your view on it? It kind of re-enforced my believe it's actually a 'workout video'. ;)

in the second video, the guy's say "you have to keep the dot in the yellow box, it's not as easy as it looks". hmmm, isn't the dot your centre of gravity? So if it goes over the yellow box, you fall over, Physics 101, I don't think it's impossible for you to NOT be in the yellow box. lol

also, here's people who said that PS3/360 fans better start getting used to mini-games, because it will be taking over. (or something of this sort), I utterly disagree. Sure, we will see tons of this kind of game for Wii, but I will not buy it and I hope most people won't (at least shovelwares), and big company will still make good, high budget games that push the graphical power on PS3 and 360.

what we will have is a huge division between Wii and PS360. If without games like Zelda, SMG, SSBB, MK, Z&W, NMH, MP3, there will not be any agreement between Wii and PS360 fans.

And you keep misunderstanding what people are saying. so let me spell it out for you, The Market is bit enough to hold all types of games, nobody wants mini games to replace anything, and i think by this you have shown what your insecurity truly is. Even with examples of great games coming in the future, Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil 5, and MGS4, you still feel threatened. Well then, you will always get your big deep fantasy adventure games, don't worry about that, many developer have said they are not interested in making mini/casual games.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Around the Network

>i do wonder what kind of survey it is when you ask only a small(specific) part of the whole cake

because it wasn't meant to be a 'scientific' survey? I just want to know what other console owners think of Wiifit

Because I know 99% of PS360 owners would probably sell their kidney to have SSBB or MK ported to their system, but what's their view on the third biggest hit this year on Wii?

if you don't like it, you don't have to reply

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
>I just made an assumption about you,

debater rule number 1. do NOT let your personal feeling influence your view.

debater rule number 2. focus on the topic, not your opponent.

debater rule number 3. do not label others, as everyone will feel that you are unable to defend your point without going into personal attacks.

Follow those rules and you will improve your ability.

>You are mistaken, This isn't a debate, this is a survey.

remember that? ...

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Smidlee said:
The video with the push-ups doesn't look that impressive as a trainer. When I do push-ups I don't leave my arms straight that long so to keep pressure (weight) on my triceps.

u are more hardcore and not the target audience...the people who this is for don't have knowledge of proper form or the intricate details of muscle mass gain

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
BornFirst. said:

And you keep misunderstanding what people are saying. so let me spell it out for you, The Market is bit enough to hold all types of games, nobody wants mini games to replace anything, and i think by this you have shown what your insecurity truly is. Even with examples of great games coming in the future, Monster Hunter 3, Resident Evil 5, and MGS4, you still feel threatened. Well then, you will always get your big deep fantasy adventure games, don't worry about that, many developer have said they are not interested in making mini/casual games.

Thanks BornFirst. (Sorry, a Multi Console/Wii Owner Here). This whole insecurity some people have that 'the game industry is being ruined!' because some games are coming out that they don't like, that a large amount of other people actually do, is driving me nuts. Why don't they understand that there are still 'hardcore gamers' and the demand for 'hardcore' games. That's not going away for any reason. Just because I want to get WiiFit does not mean all of a sudden I'll never buy games like Resident Evil or Halo or Monster Hunter 3 or Eternal Sonata EVER AGAIN! Or that new gamers that are only interested in WiiFit or MiniGames are somehow going to gobble up a 'hardcore' gamer and make them disappear, lessening the demand for 'hardcore' games.

And I saw you mention, kingofwales, that you see people saying minigames or party games are going to take over. Who's said that? Have any references? I guess it's possible you've seen that, but I never have. I think it's what you are hearing when people are simply defending that such games are fun, valid, or truely in demand. Again, a security issue. Dude. Don't worry, WiiFit will not ruin the industry. And I'm still going to buy 'hardcore' games as well.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network
BornFirst. said:
@kingofwale:

For people like you, this gen is gonna be a hard one, simply put, because there will be games you do not understand that will sell very well, but i am hoping as time goes on you open your heart a little more and give these things a try before you dismis them, i am asuming you have not even touched the balance board or seen many games for it.

> And I saw you mention, kingofwales, that you see people saying minigames or party games are going to take over.  Who's said that?  Have any references?

let me quote it for ya, (well, it's above. lol)

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:

I have noticed that kingofwale has not ONCE responded directly to anything that he could not shrug off (ie his complete contradiction in saying it was not a debate, then saying it was a debate)

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X
kingofwale said:
>i do wonder what kind of survey it is when you ask only a small(specific) part of the whole cake

because it wasn't meant to be a 'scientific' survey? I just want to know what other console owners think of Wiifit

Because I know 99% of PS360 owners would probably sell their kidney to have SSBB or MK ported to their system, but what's their view on the third biggest hit this year on Wii?

if you don't like it, you don't have to reply

Just to add a data point.

I could care less about SSBB or MK and I am sure almost every single console owning non Wii owner would agree with me.

Why would someone sell a Kidney for that game? All you need to do is spend $250 and buy a Wii. Price has never been a factor for me, and probably not for the people who spent 2-3 times as much for there console of choice. We just don't like the games.

I am glad you do, but please don't assume everyone does. 

>I have noticed that kingofwale has not ONCE responded directly to anything that he could not shrug off

because I want to keep this friendly, like I said, it's a survey, not a flamebait, and I want people to talk about their opinion WITHOUT having to fear of being flamed?

selnor
Episode 2:
kingofwale said:
BornFirst. said:
@kingofwale:

For people like you, this gen is gonna be a hard one, simply put, because there will be games you do not understand that will sell very well, but i am hoping as time goes on you open your heart a little more and give these things a try before you dismis them, i am asuming you have not even touched the balance board or seen many games for it.

> And I saw you mention, kingofwales, that you see people saying minigames or party games are going to take over.  Who's said that?  Have any references?

let me quote it for ya, (well, it's above. lol)

No where in that statement did i say it would take over, infact what i did say are games that you don't understand aka wii fit sell a lot, and by your veiw will keep you dumbfounded , try and read through my post properly and don't put words in my mouth, thanks

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"