By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - M-Create HW #s in (I know. there is a thread about SSBB mc sales)

Zucas said:
Wow Brawl didn't push Wii at all haha. Well it did but not that much. Guess its too much for the hardcore fanbase to do that.

According to Kotaku it increased sales by about 20,000 units.

Also, Brawl sold 800,000 copies. I guess that hardcore fanbase just doesn't exist.

http://kotaku.com/354079/simple-2000-the-hardware-chart

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
@ A_T

You are so delusional. Now the DS is supply constrained?

I lol'd

I know you guys are sick of hearing that the Wii is supply contrained, and software unit X is supply contrainted.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of telling it.

It's not like we're making it up.

Anyway, about the DS being supply contrained this week, I have no idea, but I'd bet the Wii was, according to the reports about it, and considering that the WW sales of the Wii this week are higher than usual. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

PSP is reborn after September 07, but Nintendo rocks in Japan.

@bigjon,
"something happened for the PSP in September of 07"
Yes, that's the date Sony launched PSP slim in Japan and Square Enix released Crisis Core: FFVII.

The PSP software sale in Japan has since pretty solid and more 3rd party developers have noticed that. I bet they have shifted some (if not all) of their PS2 resources to PSP. We should see more PSP games to be released in Japan between 2008-2009 and they will be gradually translated into western languages.

The software sales for PSP in NA and PAL will pick up this year because of some big titles like CC:FFVII and GOW.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

@ bigjon

The PSP Slim and FF VII: Crisis Core were both released in September. PSP outsold DS two weeks I think.

DS has sold so many, that nearly everyone who wants one already does. It will sell slightly downward until big games (DQ9) and price drops.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

to those wondering, DS sales are down because its hit a point of diminishing returns. Hit that last year in the Summer in Japan. Meaning it peaked already and now it'll never be able to hit those levels again. NOt saying it's going to sell bad, just not as well as it did.

PSP increases in sales though are totally unrelated to this.

bigjon said:
[Final-Fan's edit: Link.]

check out this graph, this tells the whole story... something happened for the PSP in September of 07, and since then it has seen the only success it has EVER seen there... While the PSP is trending down in NA and Others it seems to be actually improving in Japan.. Is it being used as a media device?

I don't see any downward trend in NA. Show me?

Europe is a series of spikes and decreases, I don't know what all the causes are; it's pretty volatile but I'll give you that it seems to be at least a bit lower than before. NA though has increased; just not as much as Japan. NA used to be ahead and now they seem to be tied -- although there are too few weeks after the end of the holiday spike to have a really good view.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I'm chocked about the x360 sales. It rise about 40% and that's huge in a market were it's more or less dead.

Hopefully the PS3 get's percetanges like that!

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

Nice PSP numbers

Brawl is going to go on for a really long time, look at how well Wii Fit has held up.... I suspect the sales will only rise as Nintendo consolidates its domination of the Japanese market.