By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge's 10 best consoles of the last 20 years

360 ahead of the PS1? Just no. It should be down further beside the PS3. And having owned a gamecube, it doesn't deserve to be on the list. And raise the Original Xbox higher. Certainly higher than the gamecube anyway. Just add the PSP instead of the gamecube and we're good to go.

All in all. Terrible list. They got one right then messed it all up.

Around the Network

No Snes? Seriously? The only consoles that even have an argument over the SNES are the PS1 and PS2...I don't understand the Xbox 360 over PS3 since the PS3 has been killing it (Gamewise) since 2008 at the earliest. LOL at Gamecube over PS3 just LOL

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

NYANKS said:
The PS3 being behind the N64 and Gamecube is kind of ludicrous, but okay.

Anything being behind the N64 is ludicrous.

ShadowSoldier said:
No Snes? Seriously? The only consoles that even have an argument over the SNES are the PS1 and PS2...I don't understand the Xbox 360 over PS3 since the PS3 has been killing it (Gamewise) since 2008 at the earliest. LOL at Gamecube over PS3 just LOL

You're not the first one to make this mistake but the thread clearly says "THE LAST 20 YEARS"!  Any console released before 1993 doesn't make the cut.

JerCotter7 said:
360 ahead of the PS1? Just no. It should be down further beside the PS3. And having owned a gamecube, it doesn't deserve to be on the list. And raise the Original Xbox higher. Certainly higher than the gamecube anyway. Just add the PSP instead of the gamecube and we're good to go.

All in all. Terrible list. They got one right then messed it all up.

I agree PS2 at number 1 is good in my book and PS1 should be at number 2. 

Around the Network

PS1 > PS2

Gamecube > N64

Xbox > Xbox 360

Come at me.

saarr_x said:
Top 10 consoles, so why is the ds lite in that list then? The list is flawed, I mean 360 at 2 while ps3 is at 7? What's the difference between those two? They're basically the same except for the exclusives.

This.  Personally I'd say the PS3 is above the 360 but on my list if I chose the PS3 to be #2, I would put the 360 right after it because it's got all the same games.

saarr_x said:
Top 10 consoles, so why is the ds lite in that list then? The list is flawed, I mean 360 at 2 while ps3 is at 7? What's the difference between those two? They're basically the same except for the exclusives.

FACT!

The Bitch is back! And better then ever! #BritneyReturns

SONY Bring them BACK for PS4 and VITA!

Okay. List makes little sense to me personally.

1. N64
2. PlayStation
3. DreamCast
4. 3DS
5. PlayStation 3
6. Wii
7. DS
8. GameCube
9. XBox
10. WiiU

Never played PS2 or XBox 360 so swapped those with 3DS and WiiU since those have also been released in the last 20 years. Especially the former has already been better to me than whole lifetimes of other systems. Of course, if this list were all-time, the NES, SNES and GameBoy at least would shake things up.

This list is ridiculous.

4 ≈ One