By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge's 10 best consoles of the last 20 years

The PS3 being behind the N64 and Gamecube is kind of ludicrous, but okay.

Around the Network

That list is horrible.

^_^

360 on second place ? lmao !
it is literally 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclsuives in this case....and the PS3 has far, FAR better and more exclusives than the 360 !
The DS is far too low on this list, I would put it on number 2 behind the PS2, it is almost impossible to own every single great game on both, their respective librarys are some of the vastest and best in console history (although the GameCube will always be my personal favourite)

Good list, but original xbox should be higher, a beast of a machine. 360 being No 2 pleases me, console with the best games across all main genres.

PS2 at number one is no surprise. I'm surprised the RRoD didn't take a bigger hit on the 360, but it did start off as a great console though.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

no SNES or NES? xbox 360 in number 2? 360 is 5 places ahead of the PS3?

The 360 in the 2 spot renders this list meaningless.

I own every console in that list except the original Xbox! It's just an opinion piece but I kinda agree with the Xbox 360's placement. I often found myself thinking that it was the most fun I've had with a console since the PS2.

Nice to see the 360 and PS2 holding a high spot, they are probably among my favorite consoles. I think the Xbox should have been placed above the GameCube, but it's a pretty decent list.

*Looks at list*

*Dies*