By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So PS4 Is Basically Going To Win This Gen, Right?

PS4 isn't going to win this gen, that would be a silly thing to say at this point.

...it is going to win the next gen though

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I wouldn't count the Xbox out just yet. The average consumer doesn't know about the system's original issues and that it's a weaker. All they will know is what advertisements tell them. Price tag is the only issue.

4 ≈ One

if last gen taught me nothing else it is that things can change quite dramatically and quickly..

...i think ps4 will come out on top in 2013 but after that who knows.

Considering Nintendo doesn't know that they launched a new console 9 months ago, and all the bad press X1 got before, it is "winning" by default.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MohammadBadir said:
Lawlight said:
ironmanDX said:
Wow, this sounds like 2005!

Where people were saying that the PS3 would win? They were right.

Yeah, barely reaching second place and losing a shit ton of money is considered winning.

Thinking that the PS3 won't finish first... lol. Dude, come on - be serious for a bit

Around the Network

I still think the PS4 will be in last place this gen. Nintendo will be first. Microsoft second. Once January hits, the games will begin, and the Sony hasn't been practicing very well.

Lawlight said:

Thinking that the PS3 won't finish first... lol. Dude, come on - be serious for a bit

i am serious dude. think about it. the generation is practically over. how is Sony supposed to sell 20 million consoles? especially since the successor is right around the corner. unless a PS2-PS3 co-existence situation happens, where the PS3 kicks the PS4's ass for a while, and i don't think Sony is stupid enough to let that happen, since they are making the PS4 to be the anti-PS3.

the-pi-guy said:
MohammadBadir said:
Lawlight said:

i am serious dude. think about it. the generation is practically over. how is Sony supposed to sell 20 million consoles? especially since the successor is right around the corner. unless a PS2-PS3 co-existence situation happens, where the PS3 kicks the PS4's ass for a while.

PS2 sold about 50 million consoles after the PS3 launched.  PS3 is still at a very high price point 199$ now, compare that to PS2 at 99$.  There is still a lot of room for PS3 to reduce price and sell more.  PS3 may not even have to outsell PS4, 20 million in a few years is not a ridiculous notion.  

people bought the PS2 over the PS3 because Sony made the PS3 so unatrractive (dat 600$ pricepoint). how attractive do you think the PS4 look like right now compared to the PS3 back then?

The only thing that separates the PS4 from the XBox One is 100 dollars. Other than that, the graphics will be too similar for 99% of gamers to care about the difference. Nintendo is still the only of the three companies that can appeal to gamers outside of the typical hardcore demographics. Lot of fans are going to pick up the console when it actually has games, and we'll see if Nintendo can produce another Mario/Pokemon/Mario Kart/Wii Sports/Animal Crossing type phenomenon.

I'm 97.3% sure PS4 will sell the most. But if anyone can fuck things up, that's Sony.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.