By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many Wii U games run in 1080p so far?

Hey guys, I'm about to buy a huge LED TV and a Wii U, and I was wondering... Are there any Wii U games so far that run in 1080p? I remember bacj then, when the Wii U was shown for the first time, Iwata said games would run in Full HD, and it sound's logic, since it's a little bit more powerful than 360 and PS3... Anyways, if you know any games, please mention them. Thanks!

Around the Network

LED TV? Didn't know they made those but the quality would be crap considering the size of LEDS

I'd go for a Plasma or Liquid Crystal display for 1080p

Off the top of my head:

Bayonetta 2

Cloudberry Kingdom

DCKR: Tropical Freeze

Dragon Quest X

Duck Tales Remastered

LoZ: Windwaker HD

Mario Kart 8

Mighty Switch Force HD edition

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Pikmin 3

Puddle

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Scribblenauts Unmasked

Skylanders Giants

Skylander's Swap Force

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Super Smash Bros.

Super Mario 3D World

Tori Toki 2

Transformers Prime

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Splintercell Blacklist is 1080p as well as Ducktales HD

_crazy_man_ said:

Off the top of my head:

Bayonetta 2

Cloudberry Kingdom

DCKR: Tropical Freeze

Dragon Quest X

Duck Tales Remastered

LoZ: Windwaker HD

Mario Kart 8

Mighty Switch Force HD edition

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Pikmin 3

Puddle

Rayman Legends

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Scribblenauts Unmasked

Skylanders Giants

Skylander's Swap Force

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Super Smash Bros.

Super Mario 3D World

Tori Toki 2

Transformers Prime

Half these games aren't out yet. I also crossed out DQX since it's only out in Japan.

Around the Network

LED Tvs are actually better than LCDs, the screen is brighter, the image is clearer and colors are shinier... Anyways, those games you mentioned... Are you absolutely sure those run in 1080p?

Fededx said:
LED Tvs are actually better than LCDs, the screen is brighter, the image is clearer and colors are shinier... Anyways, those games you mentioned... Are you absolutely sure those run in 1080p?

No, he's wrong, actually. A Google search will tell you. WiiU outputs everything to 1080p, whatever the native resolution. But it's upscaling. Pikmin 3, for example, runs at 720p natively, but WiiU scales that to 1080p. Your television will also tell you it's outputting a 1080p signal, but a LOT of the time, it's not native 1080p. Anyway, I believe it's been confirmed that Zelda WW HD, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros. will be in 1080p (maybe even at 60fps too, can't remember). The back of Japanese WiiU game cases actually mention the game's resolution.

Also, see: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/japanese-pikmin-3-box-reveals-worldwide-leaderboards-game-is-rendered-720p-native.453175583/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Oh :(

I say wait after the huge major update that should hit some times next month.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I know Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Puddle are 1080p native, and according to reports, Rayman Legends, Wind Waker HD, and Smash Bros will be too.