By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 3 hits 6 million physical copies (SONY sales discussion)

Tagged games:

Turkish said:
bananaking21 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
bananaking21 said:
littlebig planet is probably at 4 million already, their sales in Europe are NOT tracked and they say so on the page. its cracked 3 million a LONG time ago.

Whaaaat. We need to bring this up with ioi or whoever. And by we I mean somebody more motivated than myself

they just dont have the data, weird thing is its happened with mostly sony exclusives released in 2011. LBP2, KZ3 and Infamous 2 

Woah is that true?

yes. pretty much every sony exclusive other than uncharted released in 2011 has that problem. i listed the games that have it to sal

Around the Network
lehamsy said:
Aldro said:
007BondAgent said:
Fantastic news, also.. those gifs make me wanna replay uncharted 2 and 3 lol d:

I thought they only had a father-son relationship. lol 

Is that U2? Because is the only game I haven't played, and I don't remember that ever happening in the other 3 games. 

( U3 ;) )

Aldro said:
lehamsy said:
Aldro said:
007BondAgent said:
Fantastic news, also.. those gifs make me wanna replay uncharted 2 and 3 lol d:

I thought they only had a father-son relationship. lol 

Is that U2? Because is the only game I haven't played, and I don't remember that ever happening in the other 3 games. 

( U3 ;) )

Really? Wow, I'll have to play again that game, I don't remember that part. 

Congrats! I hope TLOU can reach 6 million soon.

Top 10 Games of All Time

1. The Last of Us, 2. Journey, 3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, 4. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, 5. Bioshock Infinite, 6. Zelda: Twilight Princess, 7. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, 8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, 9. Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, 10. Starcraft

Add me on PSN. Thanks.

Sony has games with lovely long legs.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Turkish said:
bananaking21 said:

they just dont have the data, weird thing is its happened with mostly sony exclusives released in 2011. LBP2, KZ3 and Infamous 2 

yes. pretty much every sony exclusive other than uncharted released in 2011 has that problem. i listed the games that have it to sal

Oh it's not just Sony. Try to look at any sales chartz between November 2010 and August 2011. I don't know if it's every 2011 release or what, but it seems that every 3DS game released before October suffers from this lack of data. VGchartz also shows the 3DS having sold... 0 software before the week ending August 27th, 2011. 0 software. Not 1 game sold. It's very possible that they also count 0 games being sold for every console in that same time frame.

EDIT: Okay, I can confirm that there is some weird-ass shit going on with European software sales. Hardware sales do not seem to be affected.

The week ending August 27, 2011, these are the lifetime total software sales for the 7th-gen consoles:

X360 -- 100,554,863
PS3 -- 105,332,113
Wii -- 159,686,296
DS -- 135,765,492
PSP -- 48,884,868

And these are the lifetime total software sales as of the week ending November 13, 2010:

X360 -- 100,342,989
PS3 -- 105,175,166
Wii -- 159,572,976
DS -- 135,697,999
PSP -- 48,882,337

We can see clearly that the intervening weeks are not counted at all on VGChartz -- it is as though the nine months between these two weeks never happened. But it gets even worse. According to this theory, the lifetime total sales as of the week ending August 27 minus the lifetime total sales as of the week ending November 13 should be equal to the weekly software sales for each platform the week of the 27th. This turns out to be the case for most platforms -- but not for the PS3 or PSP. Those two are off by a small amount for no apparent reason.

Anyway, it's clear this whole thing is screwed.

Just checked and realised that the first two Uncharted games have incomplete European data. Drake's Fortune is most likely over 5 million and Among Thieves could very well be close to 7 million.