By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Kid Plays Violent Video Game, Kills his Caretaker.

KylieDog said:

Kid or not, someone who does that is fucked up in the head. Get rid of him now before he grows older and does worse.

also what i was thinking.

if i ever played games like this when i was i kid (i didnt, my parents actually cared and were responsible). i dont think i would be inspired to act them out in real life. i would probably have been scared and confused as to why people do things like in the video game.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

Kid or not, someone who does that is fucked up in the head. Get rid of him now before he grows older and does worse.

Get rid of him? Really? That's messed up, seriously.

crissindahouse said:
prayformojo said:
I could see letting a 2-4 year old off the hook. An 8 year old? Third grade?!?! When I was in third grade, I knew damn well what pointing a loaded gun at someones head, pulling the trigger would do. He should be locked away like little Michael Myers imo.

it's even worse here in germany where you can do shit till your 14th birthday. i have absolutely no clue how anyone can think a 13 years old doesn't know what he is doing.

Sounds like the statutory rape laws here in the US. Some of these laws were made back before the Ford Modle T and haven't been updated and adjusted for the times we live in. There WAS a time, 300 years ago, where 13 meant you were still innocent but not anymore. Today's 13 year olds are like 25 year olds back then.

pezus said:
A 90 year old caretaker? Wtf
Of course the game will be blamed. Prime time now because GTAV is releasing. The gun can of course not be blamed. Guns and games don't kill people, stupidity does.

well the gun (and the video game) will definitely be blamed, the media would never pass up the oportunity to blame a gun on someones actions.

while it shouldnt be these items that are blamed it should be the kid and his parents that are blamed for him having access to these items at his age.

While I don't believe kids and prison go hand in hand, surely the kid will get some kind of treatment, right? They won't just let him go and forget about it, will they?

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

Why the hell is an 8 year old playing GTA -.-

And where did he even get a gun?! Why would you leave a gun in arms reach of an 8 year old.

First thing that popped into my mind too, where the hell did that gun came from!?

Blows my mind that the issue is the video game not the random gun in play here :D

Well, the rating is there for a reason. It would make absolutely no sense to blame video games in these instances where the kid is far below minimum age.

Now, if only there was a responsibility rating for gun ownership...

Why would an 8 year old be playing GTA? Its crazy what you see happen when you mix kids with games (like GTA)

riderz13371 said:

Why the hell is an 8 year old playing GTA -.-

And where did he even get a gun?! Why would you leave a gun in arms reach of an 8 year old.

Nothing wrong with that.

pezus said:
killerzX said:
pezus said:
A 90 year old caretaker? Wtf
Of course the game will be blamed. Prime time now because GTAV is releasing. The gun can of course not be blamed. Guns and games don't kill people, stupidity does.

well the gun (and the video game) will definitely be blamed, the media would never pass up the oportunity to blame a gun on someones actions.

while it shouldnt be these items that are blamed it should be the kid and his parents that or to blamed for him having access to these items at his age.

I believe the game would more likely be blamed than the gun, as seen by the title of this particular article.

Completely agree with you. Who the hell leaves a gun out in the open when only your clearly "not quite there" kid and a 90 year old occupy the house is beyond me. Why he gets to play GTA is a whole another matter. The parents clearly overestimated his ability to discern fact from fiction.

well i titled it that just as an attention grabber, since we are on a video game cite. i figured i would get more views that way.