By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - U.S attacked Iraq over rumors of W.M.D's

Ssliasil said:
Destroying WMD's were just a potential bonus to invading Iraq.

The Iraq War had far more to do with their sheltering and funding of Al Qaeda, Ridding Iraq of Saddam Husseins' tyrannical rule and more.

Don't think you know everything about what the USA does just because you watched 5 youtube conspiracy videos from delusional hate mongering idiots who cant even sufficiently back up their own claims with actual science and proof.

No offense but the belief that Saddam had anything to do with Al Qaeda is moronic (I'm being generous). Saddam was a secular leader who put Militant Muslims to death, not work with them and there is zero evidence to the contrary. The Muslim extremists are more powerful now than ever thanks to the destabilization of Iraq and I suspect the traitors who rule America intended for that to be the case.

TLDR

Saddam working with Al Qaeda? LOL

Around the Network
bouzane said:
Ssliasil said:
Destroying WMD's were just a potential bonus to invading Iraq.

The Iraq War had far more to do with their sheltering and funding of Al Qaeda, Ridding Iraq of Saddam Husseins' tyrannical rule and more.

Don't think you know everything about what the USA does just because you watched 5 youtube conspiracy videos from delusional hate mongering idiots who cant even sufficiently back up their own claims with actual science and proof.

No offense but the belief that Saddam had anything to do with Al Qaeda is moronic (I'm being generous). Saddam was a secular leader who put Militant Muslims to death, not work with them and there is zero evidence to the contrary. The Muslim extremists are more powerful now than ever thanks to the destabilization of Iraq and I suspect the traitors who rule America intended for that to be the case.

TLDR

Saddam working with Al Qaeda? LOL

His sources are Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld.

They forgot to say they were the origin of the rumor

Talal said:
mai said:

Well, in such case he's either an idiot or a scumbag, or both. But I don't believe in good intentions in politics, so he's a scumbag after all, while your reasoning is as silly as "they went for oil". Who needs Iraqi oil in price of military operation of that scale? You simply buy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_Iraq

Iraq has a lot of oil apparently, but I agree oil alone would be a stupid reason. There were other reasons.

Tactical position. Look at the countries US attacked the last 20 years, check them on the map and be amazed.

mai said:
Kasz216 said:
badgenome said:
Spoiler alert: we didn't really attack Iraq over WMD.

Of course the real reason we attacked Iraq, or what seems to be the real reason, is so silly nobody believes it.  Afterall, it wasn't oil or other natural resources either, that's all going to the chinese.

In reality it was simply.  Bush believed the US Military could be used to install just democracies in countries with dictators... and Iraq was just a good starting point.

Well, in such case he's either an idiot or a scumbag, or both. But I don't believe in good intentions in politics, so he's a scumbag after all, while your reasoning is as silly as "they went for oil". Who needs Iraqi oil in price of military operation of that scale? You simply buy it.

Not srue what your saying here.  The US got literally nothing out of Iraq.

I mean hell, even geopolitically a Democratic Iraq is less useful then Saddam Hussein.

Sure Saddam Hussein hated the US but he also hated everyone else in the area including America's greatest "foils" in the region.

Democratic Iraq is going to be much friendlier with Iran and other such groups.

Really though, it just boils down to Neoconservatives believing in the Democracy principle or whatever... that Democracies aren't likely to start wars with each other, and likely to get along.  Silly but hey.

Around the Network
mai said:
badgenome said:
mai said:

It's not good intentions. The neoconservatives believed it to be in the national interest to have a democratic Middle East.

Yes, they really are that stupid.

So what's the logic behind having democratic Middle East 10 years ago? Why Iraq? Why not Saudi Arabia? Why not 40 years ago? Why democratic Middle East favors national interests of the US in the first place? Why not, say, democratic Central America or whatever?

No, I don't belive theay are stupid (outside public talking heads, of course), they perfectly knew what they were doing.

Bush wasn't President 40 years ago?

Why not Saudi Araia?  Because they're friendy with us... why would you start with people friendly with you?

Why Iraq?  Because it was an isolated country that had no allies, was violating UN precendet, etc.

Additionally Bush JR has a bit of a rivalry with his dad, so i'm sure "finishing" the job many americans were mad that his father couldn't finish played into it as well.

ArnoldRimmer said:

There's something very fishy about these recent Syria chemical weapons claims.

Assad knows better than anyone else that using chemical weapons is the one thing Obama clearly defined as a "red line". And yet, just three days after official UN chemical inspectors arrived in Syria,he has nothing better to do than to kill hundreds of people using chemical weapons?

Assad isn't stupid, why on earth should he do something like this, right now, when chemical weapon inspectors have just arrived?

There were earlier reports about chemical weapons being used in Syria, and it turned out that it was probably the rebels who used them. So there's a good chance that it was actually the rebels who ordered the use the chemical weapons in this recent incident. They clearly have stronger motives.

Because Obama won't do anything.  He practically had to be dragged kicking and sreaming into Libya.

ArnoldRimmer said:

There's something very fishy about these recent Syria chemical weapons claims.

Assad knows better than anyone else that using chemical weapons is the one thing Obama clearly defined as a "red line". And yet, just three days after official UN chemical inspectors arrived in Syria,he has nothing better to do than to kill hundreds of people using chemical weapons?

Assad isn't stupid, why on earth should he do something like this, right now, when chemical weapon inspectors have just arrived?

There were earlier reports about chemical weapons being used in Syria, and it turned out that it was probably the rebels who used them. So there's a good chance that it was actually the rebels who ordered the use the chemical weapons in this recent incident. They clearly have stronger motives.

Al Qaeda is hiding in Pakistan, not Iraq. They found Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, and not in Iraq. The media and the president kept saying there was WMDs and Al Qaeda in Iraq and they didn't find crap.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
mai said:
badgenome said:
mai said:

Because they probably got results they wanted?

And here I thought you were arguing that they weren't stupid.

Creating chaos within certain territory is a valid goal, why not? The only question remains is why?

Say, I do believe that this's the only goal of Arab Spring, unlike Iraq, which might have had some sort of order in mind after invasion -- didn't work out -- or rather plans have changed due to bad economic conjecture.

The reason why? central banking and the global monetary system.  The world bank doesn't like competition.  The arab regimes that reject western banks will be destablized.