By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Are we finally seeing the end of Wii supply constraints in the UK?

The other day I walked into HMV and for the first time ever the Wii was in stock. It's also in stock on Amazon UK, Dixons, Comet and Game websites - all major UK retailers. Have Nintendo finally cracked their supply issues (in the UK at least)?

Around the Network

well they have been shipping more there

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

i bloody hope so, i've not seen one in the wild for months

Maybe in the UK, but in America they are still really hard to come by. And dont expect that to let up for a couple of months. The release of SSBB will keep the Wiis off shelves for a while here.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Double post.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Around the Network

In France, i see the last week-end some wii in different shops. Some online retailers have stock, but in all cases, the stocks disappear in some hours or days.
It was not this situation before christmas, where the wii was in stock in a lot of shop without situations with no stock.
So, for me, in France, the actual situation is very incredible.

We can find the wii, but she dissapear totally speedly, (not very speedly, as in america)

There won't one day be stock like a switch. As demand and supply converge, you'll begin to occasionally see Wiis at first, and then you'll see them in more and more stores as people who have been waiting for stock begin to get them without extra effort.

There should be a pretty long convergence between "very hard to find stock" and "stock readily available everywhere" because there are a lot of people who want the system but won't put any special effort into getting it. So they'll buy it when they see it at the store they normally frequent.

Here in the US people who are willing to call around daily are still having a very difficult time finding the Wii.  Demand is very far from being met here.  If demand and supply even begin to converge before Smash comes out, that will all be reversed very quickly.

That genuinely doesn't seem to have happened. They were pretty hard to get hold of and now they're suddenly in stock at the biggest online retailer, the biggest videogame shop and the biggest general entertainment shop, all in the last week. These are the first places people look (Amazon always used to sell out in a few minutes.) so if they can keep them in stock then anyone can.

No cus for the last 4 weeks I didn't find ANY WII's online

UNTIL ofcourse on Argos, last thursday!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Where are you looking? They are in stock online now at Amazon UK, Dixons, Comet and Game. And I did just say the stock has reappeared in the last week, not the last 4 weeks, which tallies with you just finding one at Argos in the last week.