By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should you sell your console?

I wouldn't sell my ps3 since the ps4 is not backwards compatible, it's that simple.

Around the Network

I was going to sell my 360 and PS3 to get either the xbox one or ps4, but after a little time to think I decided against it.

I've only sold games once and hated it.

I'd never sell a system.

I definitely try to not sell my consoles, but, being the 14 year old that I am, it's not easy to stay away from GameStop's "Sell Your Soul" trade in offers. However bad they may be, they help... not in the long run.

Already sold my ps3 and all games to put money towards the ps4. I'm moving on. I don't really play old games that much. I can count the number of times I played a ps2 game during this era. Ironically I still have the ps2 since I just don't seem to have the heart to sell that old thing lol.

Around the Network

Never had, never will

My PS3 still has plenty of life to it. Either way, I would never sell it or all of my games.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

NEVARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I will never, but now it just makes me wish the PS4 was backwards compatible.

I am currently on an NES kick, trying to play all the great games from that system is quite the task. I still have a stack of games on the Wii and PS3 I want to play and I'm always finding myself wanting to play some great game from the SNES/N64/PS1 or some older PC games. I've sold a few games in the past and have always regretted it - I will never sell consoles if I can help it.

However I game as a hobby for its own sake, I have very few friends that play video games, I rarely play multiplayer and simply play games that I find fun in their own right. That's why I don't want to sell my games/system (and also why I'm turned off by a large portion of games today) but I've found is not true for everyone or a lot of today's games. If competition and/or belonging is important to you, if you're largest priority is to play the newest, coolest games then I can see how selling older games/systems would make sense.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)