By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should you sell your console?

Hello everyone.  I think that we are at that point in time where many of us will consider selling our old consoles and games. 

I have been going back and forth on whether or not I should sell my PS3, I have already sold my Xbox 360.  I think that many of my favorite games of this generation will be available for digital download on the next generation of consoles, so I can't help but to think maybe I should cash in on my old console and games.  I know that I don't regret selling my ps2 stuff.  However I do regret not having my NES and N64 stuff.

What are your thoughts on the matter?  Will you be selling your console soon?  Do you have regrets on selling previous consoles?

BTW if I do sell my stuff it would be on Amazon, Ebay, or Craigslist because I wouldn't make much at Gamestop.

Around the Network

I regret selling my DS. I don't sell my consoles anymore.

I never sell my consoles, if a game is fun it will always be fun to me and I might want to play it later on.  I just played my N64 like a week or 2 before.

I would never sell any of my consoles, I just hate the idea of me (or someone else) paying so much then selling it for so little (I'm the same with games too)

I wouldn't sell my old console considering that Sony and Microsoft's new consoles aren't backwards compatible. Also you get all most no money when trading in old consoles so it isn't even worth it.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network

The Wii U is backwards compatible, so....................... Duh.

Only regret selling my Megadrive(Genesis). Never missed my PS2. Couldn't part with my N64. Can't sell my PS3/360 ever.

I wouldn't dare as I have my personal collection of all my previous consoles.

I can see why some would if they are tight with money.

Well, the PS4 isn't backwards compatible and if you are itching to replay some PS3 classics or never played a praised title during the PS3's run then it would be best to keep it. (the PS3)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I ain't going next gen any time soon, so I got no need.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Overall I don't think I will sell my console, although I feel a little financially irresponsible for not doing it. The reason why is because if I don't sell it it will likely be used very rarely once the next gen comes out, or I could sell it and make a few hundred bucks on it and my games. I have a lot of old stuff sitting around that I wish I would have sold when it still had some value. Old computer, old phone etc.

I really wish the xbox one and ps4 were backwards compatible.