By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Ouya Ad (lol, pathetic, terrible?, hmm not sure)

How is it?

Good 12 9.23%

Ouya, what a joke 36 27.69%

The hell's an ouya? 9 6.92%

Ouya, wow 4 3.08%

meh 9 6.92%

Well another hole in the sinking ship 37 28.46%

No way, awesome bro! 4 3.08%

hmmm 8 6.15%

Ouya? 11 8.46%

Total:130

I thought that was funny!!!!!!!

Around the Network

If all the idiots are gonna commit suicide like that from CoD and other reskins, we might as well support CoD instead of ouya.

It definitely made me laugh, especially the part where he was like, "I could of bought food!!"

And the ad did have a point. There have been times where you buy a game that costs $50-$60 and it turned out to be garbage and you think that the money could have been better spent elsewhere (another game, BILLS, oh and even FOOD, lol). The whole vomiting bit could have been left out or even replaced with something else, IMO.

That's what I thought the ad was really supposed to be about. Instead of spending money on the same ol' thing every time, spend it on something that COULD be worth it.

In the end, I liked it.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

ugh, this is so bad, on so many levels, and I thought Google only hires the best people.  My mistake, Google is still cool.

1. Who is the target audience ? The ad is focused around CoD, but people who hate CoD are already playing other games so it's irrelevant (CoD is not the only game in the world), people who love CoD will not be convinced anyway, people who don't play games won't even be able to pick up the joke, so where is their message going ? There are far better approaches to promote free games than centre the whole thing around one game.

2. In competitive marketing they should only quote competitors if the comparison can be measured, like which car is more fuel efficient or which bank has better rates, video game preference is purely opinion and they should never have thrown it out so blatantly, it's asking to get backfired, image what happens if Sony makes an ad about Halo and Mario being overrated bad games, the whole world would turn against them.

3. It's disgusting.

iBlah said:
ugh, this is so bad, on so many levels, and I thought Google only hires the best people.

1. Who is the target audience ? The ad is focused around CoD, but people who hate CoD are already playing other games so it's irrelevant (CoD is not the only game in the world), people who love CoD will not be convinced anyway, people who don't play games won't even be able to pick up the joke, so where is their message going ? There are far better approaches to promote free games than centre the whole thing around one game.

2. In competitive marketing they should only quote competitors if the comparison can be measured, like which car is more fuel efficient or which bank has better rates, video game preference is purely opinion and they should never have thrown it out so blatantly, it's asking to get backfired, image what happens if Sony makes an ad about Halo and Mario being overrated bad games, the whole world would turn against them.

3. It's disgusting.

Google? Apart from running on a modified version of Android, I don't think Google has anything to do with Ouya.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:

Google? Apart from running on a modified version of Android, I don't think Google has anything to do with Ouya.

Really, my mistake then, somehow I was under the impression they had a hand in it, dunno where I got it.

Oh gosh...who do they think they are going to win over with that?

you have to give them credit for stealth trolling CoD :)
But going from the ad it looks like they're out of money. time to go back to kickstarter

DamnTastic said:
you have to give them credit for stealth trolling CoD :)
But going from the ad it looks like they're out of money. time to go back to kickstarter

A kickstarter for good ads.

That commercial was creepy...

nice