By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Canadian, my only hope is for a Democrate to be elected, I could not stand another 4 years with a Religious Republican. However, it would not be to bad with McCain, but I'm really curious to see what could happen if Obama wins. Interesting times in USA politic. As for Clinton, I still don't understand why so many Republicans basically hate her, I've heard about some missed attempt at changing your health care systme in the 90's, but I know nothing more. Anyway, as a Canadian that believe in a system that is available for everybody, it's sure that I won't agree with most Americans on that subject^^

Around the Network

Clinton has way too much baggage. I am not worried about experience - hell, look at Bush. I know for a fact unless the GOP nominates Ann Coulter and Karl Rove as VP, there's no way it can be a more horrible duo than the Bush-Cheney drama.

I think Obama would bolster the areas where he's weakest at with strong advisers. I am most concerned about voting for the person - Obama or Clinton - who would bring troops home soonest. Someone who will sit down and have a honest talk with our enemies and seek diplomacy, not frontier justice.

Obama brings hope - you know what you are getting with Clinton. While I voted for him twice, Clinton has a problem admitting she's wrong. Sorry, but that's not gonna cut.

An Obama-Clinton ticket would be ok - but an Obama-Edwards ticket would be sweet. I think Edwards is really about change, and would step right into the role of president if called upon. Hillary would clash with Obama's style.

CrashMan said:
 What ever happened to small central government conservatives :(

*cough*RonPaul*cough*

Yeah I was thinking Obama-Edwards a long time ago too.

I hope Huckabee drops out soon. I would never be able to support a president who thinks evolution is not true, the earth is 5000 years old, and that gays are equivalent to pedophiles and necrophiles.

Around the Network

I wish Ron Paul woul drop just because I'm tired of hearing everyone tout for him so adamantly. It feels more like blind annyance than anything. Not saying that is all it is, but that is what it feels like.

@mmnin - even when he drops from the republican ticket he will come back as a libertarian or independent.

obama edwards is the ticket i'm hoping for. If edwards would back obama, I think he'd have a clear victory.

It's a poor idea to assume the Republicans will lose the election because of Bush. People said the same thing in '04, haha. McCain is a completely different idealogy than Bush, and has a good chance to stand up to Hillary's lack of appeal outside of hardcore Dems/minorities.

I'm really glad Romney's out and Huckabee is way behind -- after 8 years of Bush, an ultra-conservative will NO WAY win a general election.

I think a McCain/Romney ticket would be great.
A McCain/Huckabee ticket would make me vote for Osama.
(Just the name Huckabee annoys me! Also he is an idiot.)