By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Pokken Fighters"! Are We getting a Street Fighter Pokemon Game For WiiU?

Soundwave said:
tbone51 said:
Xxain said:
Guy's this is definitely outsoure work. Namco Bandai is the developer.

really? imagine this will be another smash type of game. Day1 for me, i can hear fanboys screaming,"its not a real fighter" lol

If its based on the Tekken engine, I imagine it'll be fairly different from Smash Bros. I don't think Nintendo wants the overlap anyway.

oh,  i didnt explain, i kno it wont play like smash, i thtink it'll play like your normal fighter, tekken/DoA/Street Fighter. i meant cuz its pokemon it will automatically not be a real fighter lmao (cuz we all kno if this gme does well people will complain cuz other companies cant do wat NintenDoes!)

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Xxain said:

If that's true though, I gotta wonder whats up with Nintendo and Namco Bandai, lol. Most of Namco must be busy working on Nintendo software, lol.

I think a Soul Calibur with more Zelda characters would be cool too. I'm surprised they've never revisited that idea.

If that's so it would be a mean thing, Bamco eating from Nintendo's trough with one hand while shortchanging the Nintendo base on actual Bamco software with the other.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'd say if this project is real, there's a fairly safe bet it will use NFC Pokemon toys.

I would much rather this was a Colosseum type game. I could care less about fighting games.

Mensrea said:
I would much rather this was a Colosseum type game. I could care less about fighting games.

From a sales POV though, my guess is something like this might sell better (or maybe not). Couple it with some NFC toys and it's something I could see being popular with kids.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Soundwave said:
Xxain said:

If that's true though, I gotta wonder whats up with Nintendo and Namco Bandai, lol. Most of Namco must be busy working on Nintendo software, lol.

I think a Soul Calibur with more Zelda characters would be cool too. I'm surprised they've never revisited that idea.

If that's so it would be a mean thing, Bamco eating from Nintendo's trough with one hand while shortchanging the Nintendo base on actual Bamco software with the other.

Yeah it is kinda weird/funny, depending on how you view it I guess.

If it really is Pokemon in the style of Tekken, that would be quite cool! I had hoped for a sequel to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, but that would be nice too.

There are enough Pokemon that I think would "work" in a fighting game a la Tekken. I quickly made a list of them.

Primeape Machamp Hitmonlee Hitmonchan Hitmontop Blaziken
Breloom Hariyama Medicham Infernape Lucario Gallade
Emboar Conkeldurr Throh Sawk Scizor Weavile
Shiftry Bisharp Garchomp Haxorus Electivire Ampharos
Charizard Magmortar Simisear Gengar Dusknoir Cofagrigus
Sceptile Roserade Tangrowth Simisage Sandslash Nidoqueen
Nidoking Golem Marowak Rhyperior Swampert Jynx
Beartic Kangaskhan Ursaring Zangoose Ambipom Garbodor
Alakazam Mr. Mime Kabutops Sudowoodo Aggron Armaldo
Excadrill Golduck Feraligatr Empoleon Floatzel Simipour
That's 60 Pokemon. Ofcourse they will never make a Tekken-like game with that many characters, but it shows that there is enough character-ammo to make this work.
Oh look at me, going too far again. /Hides

I always thought a fighting game would work great for pokemon, its been a dream for pokemon fans for a while

Oh man, if we're right about this, we need Pangoro in there -- and if it really is made by Namco, I wouldn't argue against a Kuma alt-skin.

Toxicspikes said:

If it really is Pokemon in the style of Tekken, that would be quite cool! I had hoped for a sequel to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, but that would be nice too.

There are enough Pokemon that I think would "work" in a fighting game a la Tekken. I quickly made a list of them.

Primeape Machamp Hitmonlee Hitmonchan Hitmontop Blaziken
Breloom Hariyama Medicham Infernape Lucario Gallade
Emboar Conkeldurr Throh Sawk Scizor Weavile
Shiftry Bisharp Garchomp Haxorus Electivire Ampharos
Charizard Magmortar Simisear Gengar Dusknoir Cofagrigus
Sceptile Roserade Tangrowth Simisage Sandslash Nidoqueen
Nidoking Golem Marowak Rhyperior Swampert Jynx
Beartic Kangaskhan Ursaring Zangoose Ambipom Garbodor
Alakazam Mr. Mime Kabutops Sudowoodo Aggron Armaldo
Excadrill Golduck Feraligatr Empoleon Floatzel Simipour
That's 60 Pokemon. Ofcourse they will never make a Tekken-like game with that many characters, but it shows that there is enough character-ammo to make this work.
Oh look at me, going too far again. /Hides

I can see it -- 16 characters on disc to start with, buy the NFC toys to unlock others.