By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Pokken Fighters"! Are We getting a Street Fighter Pokemon Game For WiiU?

Soundwave said:

I can see it -- 16 characters on disc to start with, buy the NFC toys to unlock others.

Remember that this is Nintendo and not Activision, I don't think they would do that.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Toxicspikes said:

If it really is Pokemon in the style of Tekken, that would be quite cool! I had hoped for a sequel to Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, but that would be nice too.

There are enough Pokemon that I think would "work" in a fighting game a la Tekken. I quickly made a list of them.

Primeape Machamp Hitmonlee Hitmonchan Hitmontop Blaziken
Breloom Hariyama Medicham Infernape Lucario Gallade
Emboar Conkeldurr Throh Sawk Scizor Weavile
Shiftry Bisharp Garchomp Haxorus Electivire Ampharos
Charizard Magmortar Simisear Gengar Dusknoir Cofagrigus
Sceptile Roserade Tangrowth Simisage Sandslash Nidoqueen
Nidoking Golem Marowak Rhyperior Swampert Jynx
Beartic Kangaskhan Ursaring Zangoose Ambipom Garbodor
Alakazam Mr. Mime Kabutops Sudowoodo Aggron Armaldo
Excadrill Golduck Feraligatr Empoleon Floatzel Simipour
That's 60 Pokemon. Ofcourse they will never make a Tekken-like game with that many characters, but it shows that there is enough character-ammo to make this work.
Oh look at me, going too far again. /Hides

I can see it -- 16 characters on disc to start with, buy the NFC toys to unlock others.

I'm not sure the Skylanders approach would fly with the market they'd be targeting with this. This isn't exactly Pokémon Rumble. They're going to get some crossover with the FGC if the game is legit, and I don't know how they'd feel about buying figurines to unlock characters.

Toxicspikes said:
Soundwave said:

Remember that this is Nintendo and not Activision, I don't think they would do that.

I actually believe that'll make more sense than Disney's or Skylander.  Collect 'em all.  But it'd be crazy if they were to have all +450 of them.

I think Nintendo barely tolerates Smash Bros, I doubt they would give the green light to a game where you can see Pikachu get punched or bit directly by another pokemon.

NoirSon said:
I think Nintendo barely tolerates Smash Bros, I doubt they would give the green light to a game where you can see Pikachu get punched or bit directly by another pokemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54QjLkY78q8

Around the Network
bobgamez said:
NoirSon said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54QjLkY78q8

Brawl like Pokemon Rumble has the built in excuse that its characters are just toys/dolls fighting rather then the 'actual' Pokemon. Unless something similar occurs, I don't see Nintendo saying ok to a game where the normally family friendly Pokemon beat the heck out of one another.

I think a tag team based fighter similar to Marvel vs Capcom would suit a Pokemon fighting game. You create your own Pokemon trainer avatar and then choose 3 Pokemon for each battle. Element advantage still exist but to counter it a shared special bar for super moves will increase faster when fighting against Pokemon who have Offensive/Defensive element advantage.

I'm not convinced, I still feel like it'll be a Coliseum esque title.

Guess we will see, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
I'm not convinced, I still feel like it'll be a Coliseum esque title.

Guess we will see, though.

I hope it will be something like that. But a fighter would be welcome too! As long as it's not a new Stadium game, that would be unnecessary in this day and time.

I still think it can be a card battle game, since Japan seems crazy for that type of games.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin