What now ?

Keep hating - we want moar ! 43 49.43%

Enough is enough ! 17 19.54%

It's never enough ! 27 31.03%

Total:87

Comment section is starting to heat up now :P

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

All I hear is someone who has no clue about the technology they are talking about.  Let me give you a little background.  I work at a software company that heavily use dedicated servers.  We host companies business with our setup and I certainly know the cost of hosting services, dedicated servers and cloud infrastructure.  We pay a company for the servers, then we sell it with our software to business.  So while you can only guess about this stuff, I actually know.  You are talking about technology that you really have no experience with or understand the cost.  You act as if Sony can turn on a switch and suddenly they have enough capacity to support every game with dedicated servers when they do not invest in this area.  All you have to do is a little research in this area before you make statements.  Do your homework. 

Dude, don’t care about your back ground don’t mean much in the context of what Sony can and can’t afford to do. Here’s the thing, Sony doesn’t need to have the largest network of cloud severs there is. Their own, Gaikai is large enough to support ps4 for the first year or more. And they are adding to it. To think they can’t just turn around and use the same severs for setting up online matches and whatever is, eats away at your credibly. They have already stated so, and that they would and Devs could use it in the same way.  So you’re saying again? Oh money. Right. I guess you were on the bandwagon of Sony can't afford ps4/vita/Gaikai or anything else they've done and bought over the past few years, right? You believe the cloud hype too much, and what's more is you claim to be an expert in the field.

Max King of the Wild said:
Machiavellian said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Fifa 14 with every preorder in select markets. That is the least compelling argument in the list because ps4 plus fifa is still cheaper

Who cares!!.  If you were going to the get the X1 and now you get a free game to boot, why would you care if its cheaper to get a PS4 + Fifa.  Why do people demean something free with something people probably do not care about.  

If you think this is for the people who were already going to get an x1 then i dont know what to tell you

If you think this will have no effect on people who were undecided you're equally confused.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wright said:

Yeah. I guess Playstation buyers have to thanks Microsoft for online, but I don't see any "thank you" anywhere. Just souless arguments.

Anyone who denies MS set the standard for online they are lying to themselves. MS owners who had a problem with the Xbone now have very little reason to fear now because Sony didnt fall in line with MS and EA.

Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Exclusive ?

More like xbox first,

also, nobody is stopping sony or nintendo to open up their own servers to host COD because that's not thanks to microsoft having "cloud" features on the console. It's due to servers, like everything stored in the beggining of the internet you know. Till nowadays.

Cloud is just a more friendly way of calling it and making really dumb people understand the concept of always accesible servers.

Why do gamers believe this is some type of switch a company can just turn on.  No, Sony and Nintendo cannot just turn on a switch and suddenly they have enough compacity to host COD or any other game with dedicated servers.  Also MS cloud feature is different from dedicated servers but MS is offering both.  Its an advantage MS has over Sony and Nintendo and its pretty clear one at that.

I wouldnt worry about sony. You act as if they dobt have sever farms already. Plus if they need they could strike a deal with amazon. 

Deals cost money which cut into your profit and also if you have to sell it to developers means it probably will cost more than what MS is offering.  Sony does not compete in this space and they definitly have not invested into the cloud and servers like MS.  Really you can easily research this info and know that Sony is not in the ball park.  MS has spent alone in one year on their Datacenters then Sony has made a profit in the last 6 years.  The key is that Sony cannot and probably never will be able to provide the type of service in this area then MS.  They just do not have the capital.

All i hear is bla bla bla bla. You're falling for the ms PR waggon. You really should get off of that.

All I hear is someone who has no clue about the technology they are talking about.  Let me give you a little background.  I work at a software company that heavily use dedicated servers.  We host companies business with our setup and I certainly know the cost of hosting services, dedicated servers and cloud infrastructure.  We pay a company for the servers, then we sell it with our software to business.  So while you can only guess about this stuff, I actually know.  You are talking about technology that you really have no experience with or understand the cost.  You act as if Sony can turn on a switch and suddenly they have enough capacity to support every game with dedicated servers when they do not invest in this area.  All you have to do is a little research in this area before you make statements.  Do your homework. 

Dude, don’t care about your back ground don’t mean shit really in the context of what Sony can and can’t afford to do. Here’s the thing, Sony doesn’t need to have the largest network of cloud severs there is. Their own, Gaikai is large enough to support ps4 for the first year or more. And they are adding to it. To think they can’t just turn around and use the same severs for setting up online matches and whatever is, eats away at your credibly. They have already stated so, and that they would and Devs could use it in the same way.  So you’re saying again? Oh money. Right. I guess you were on the bandwagon of Sony can't afford ps4/vita/Gaikai or anything else they've done and bought over the past few years, right? You believe the cloud hype too much, and what's more is you claim to be an expert in the field.

My background means I work with this technology.  I know the cost of what it takes, I know what it means to have servers around the world to host customers solutions, I know how much it cost to pay another company for servers and host your software on it.  Thats what having a background in the field gives me.  It means I know how much it cost to have Azure as a hosted solution, It means I know how much it cost to have Amazon because we looked to partner with them all.  You are comparing Gaikai which cost Sony 500 million when MS has spent 14 billion in 5 years.  One billion this year alone and 700 million on a new facility they are building now.  You are trying to tell me that Sony can cover the world with enough servers to make the experience smooth for all multiplayer games running on their system using Gaikia limited servers.  You are making assumptions about something you have no experience in or with.  Can Sony just spin up a dedicated server anywhere in the world like MS can, NO they cannot.  You think the software to do something like this just take a month to create, it takes years.  If Sony could just do it, it would be done and no amount of guessing they can do it  will make that happen.

Stating you can do something and doing it are a world different.  MS is doing it now, Companies are doing dedicated servers on their system now.  Developers are talking about what MS has in place now. MS has spent 3 years developing the infrastructure now.  This stuff does not happen over night.  When Sony does it then you can say I told you so but until then I do not see it.  Its a money issue no matter how you spin it.  You either have the servers in place or you pay someone that does.  Think about it this way.  Apple who is the riches tech company out there has to use MS and Amazon Azure for their cloud services.  That should tell you how this is not a switch you can just turn on.  It takes a lot of money time and resources.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
FrancisNobleman said:
Exclusive ?

More like xbox first,

also, nobody is stopping sony or nintendo to open up their own servers to host COD because that's not thanks to microsoft having "cloud" features on the console. It's due to servers, like everything stored in the beggining of the internet you know. Till nowadays.

Cloud is just a more friendly way of calling it and making really dumb people understand the concept of always accesible servers.

Why do gamers believe this is some type of switch a company can just turn on.  No, Sony and Nintendo cannot just turn on a switch and suddenly they have enough compacity to host COD or any other game with dedicated servers.  Also MS cloud feature is different from dedicated servers but MS is offering both.  Its an advantage MS has over Sony and Nintendo and its pretty clear one at that.

I wouldnt worry about sony. You act as if they dobt have sever farms already. Plus if they need they could strike a deal with amazon. 

Deals cost money which cut into your profit and also if you have to sell it to developers means it probably will cost more than what MS is offering.  Sony does not compete in this space and they definitly have not invested into the cloud and servers like MS.  Really you can easily research this info and know that Sony is not in the ball park.  MS has spent alone in one year on their Datacenters then Sony has made a profit in the last 6 years.  The key is that Sony cannot and probably never will be able to provide the type of service in this area then MS.  They just do not have the capital.

All i hear is bla bla bla bla. You're falling for the ms PR waggon. You really should get off of that.

Dude, don’t care about your back ground don’t mean shit really in the context of what Sony can and can’t afford to do. Here’s the thing, Sony doesn’t need to have the largest network of cloud severs there is. Their own, Gaikai is large enough to support ps4 for the first year or more. And they are adding to it. To think they can’t just turn around and use the same severs for setting up online matches and whatever is, eats away at your credibly. They have already stated so, and that they would and Devs could use it in the same way.  So you’re saying again? Oh money. Right. I guess you were on the bandwagon of Sony can't afford ps4/vita/Gaikai or anything else they've done and bought over the past few years, right? You believe the cloud hype too much, and what's more is you claim to be an expert in the field.

My background means I work with this technology.  I know the cost of what it takes, I know what it means to have servers around the world to host customers solutions, I know how much it cost to pay another company for servers and host your software on it.  Thats what having a background in the field gives me.  It means I know how much it cost to have Azure as a hosted solution, It means I know how much it cost to have Amazon because we looked to partner with them all.  You are comparing Gaikai which cost Sony 500 million when MS has spent 14 billion in 5 years.  One billion this year alone and 700 million on a new facility they are building now.  You are trying to tell me that Sony can cover the world with enough servers to make the experience smooth for all multiplayer games running on their system using Gaikia limited servers.  You are making assumptions about something you have no experience in or with.  Can Sony just spin up a dedicated server anywhere in the world like MS can, NO they cannot.  You think the software to do something like this just take a month to create, it takes years.  If Sony could just do it, it would be done and no amount of guessing they can do it  will make that happen.

Stating you can do something and doing it are a world different.  MS is doing it now, Companies are doing dedicated servers on their system now.  Developers are talking about what MS has in place now. MS has spent 3 years developing the infrastructure now.  This stuff does not happen over night.  When Sony does it then you can say I told you so but until then I do not see it.  Its a money issue no matter how you spin it.  You either have the servers in place or you pay someone that does.  Think about it this way.  Apple who is the riches tech company out there has to use MS and Amazon Azure for their cloud services.  That should tell you how this is not a switch you can just turn on.  It takes a lot of money time and resources.

So now your also and expert in Sony's finances? Yeah didn't think so. My point still stands and what you know is irrelevant. 

Again, they don't have to match MS to have the service which only works with PS4 to be just as good as what MS is doing with Xbox one, that also works with everything else. Get off it.

Get ready for I told you so. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
So now your also and expert in Sony's finances? Yeah didn't think so. My point still stands and what you know is irrelevant. 

Again, they don't have to match MS to have the service which only works with PS4 to be just as good as what MS is doing with Xbox one, that also works with everything else. Get off it.

Why do I have to be an expert in Sony finances when they are a public traded company that has to disclose their financial health.  You know this information is very easily obtainable?  There are plenty of articles on the health of Sony in all of the businesses they compete in.  You know their profits, revenues and losses.  There is no guessing about where Sony is at even for someone with no financial background.

Just as good only cut it for certain things but you cannot just be so so when it comes to providing a feature at a cost where everyone will use it.  You are really thinking Sony has money to just throw at any problem.  Anyway you are right I will be waiting on that "I told you so".  Lets see how long it takes if it ever happens.  Sony isn't in the business of selling servers so it should be very interesting.  I am sure, you will go into the knight if it doesn't happen.  

Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

Why do I have to be an expert in Sony finances when they are a public traded company that has to disclose their financial health.  You know this information is very easily obtainable?  There are plenty of articles on the health of Sony in all of the businesses they compete in.  You know their profits, revenues and losses.  There is no guessing about where Sony is at even for someone with no financial background.

Just as good only cut it for certain things but you cannot just be so so when it comes to providing a feature at a cost where everyone will use it.  You are really thinking Sony has money to just throw at any problem.  Anyway you are right I will be waiting on that "I told you so".  Lets see how long it takes if it ever happens.  Sony isn't in the business of selling servers so it should be very interesting.  I am sure, you will go into the knight if it doesn't happen.  

It will come faster than you think. Sony don'st need to sell server. You don't seem to get it. Also, look up gaikai heat map. They ARE already all over the place. 

Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

It will come faster than you think. Sony don'st need to sell server. You don't seem to get it. Also, look up gaikai heat map. They ARE already all over the place. 

So tell me how is Sony going to strike this great deal.  Are they going to eat the cost to make dedicated servers from Google, Amazon or one of the other big datacenters cheap enough for devs to want to do it on the PS4.  How many servers are going to be needed.  Will these servers be up all the time or spin up like MS is doing.  Spinning up a dedicated server require you already have an infrastructure in place.  How many countries will they support.  How much resources per 3rd party developer.  

You need to look at how many servers Gaikai support.  Last I remeber Giakai did not even own those servers, they rent them but I will did that bit of info up later as I am working.  heat map looks great  but capacity is the key.  Hell in my company we rent space all over the world and it looks great if you looking at a map of such.  What we do not have is the ability to server millions of users all over the world at the same quality level.  Either way, this will not be a conversation I expect to have about Sony doing what MS is doing any time soon.

Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Machiavellian said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

So tell me how is Sony going to strike this great deal.  Are they going to eat the cost to make dedicated servers from Google, Amazon or one of the other big datacenters cheap enough for devs to want to do it on the PS4.  How many servers are going to be needed.  Will these servers be up all the time or spin up like MS is doing.  Spinning up a dedicated server require you already have an infrastructure in place.  How many countries will they support.  How much resources per 3rd party developer.  

You need to look at how many servers Gaikai support.  Last I remeber Giakai did not even own those servers, they rent them but I will did that bit of info up later as I am working.  heat map looks great  but capacity is the key.  Hell in my company we rent space all over the world and it looks great if you looking at a map of such.  What we do not have is the ability to server millions of users all over the world at the same quality level.  Either way, this will not be a conversation I expect to have about Sony doing what MS is doing any time soon.

Do you really think that Sony paid 380 million for them, with no hardware? Yeah, don’t think so. 

In 2011 I think it was Gaikai was named the largest Game steaming network in the world by Guinness world records. It's Large enough to support PS4 in the first few years, and you know Sony has been investing in it, they didn't just buy them and say "yep that’s it were good'. Fuck no, they are smarter than that.

You can forget about how large MS cloud is when they are only using one gear is used for live. This is what I’m getting at, The end user experience isn’t going to be noticeable by a large portion the population. 

Do you know what a dino queen is? A car the process a shit tone of power looks good on paper but has a car with less horse power keeping up with it in the real world. That how I see MS and Sony.  

Will Sony Chase to have the world’s largess sever farm? NO, why do they need to, they don’t. Will the chase the best gaming network, yes.