By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - PS3 Top 5 Selling games! Should the VGC Press Corps respond?

Xplay and Sarcastic Gamer (using Xplay has source) have stated the top 5 selling games for the PS3

Should the VGC press corps send them an official VGchartz letter claiming their numbers are wrong??

I'm sure you guys have access to hard data to disapprove their claims (company shipment reports and stuff??). 

oh btw this is what they claim...

Top 5 selling PS3 games

#5 Assassins Creed
#4 Uncharted
#3 Devil May Cry 4
#2 Call of Duty 4
#1 Warhawk  - "The crazy part is, that it’s number one, without including the online sales! Impressive." - Sarcastic gamer

Please tell me the VGC press corps will respond to this!! It could be a good opportunity for VGchartz

Edit: crap forgot to put link.. one second

Edit #2 - http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/02/top-5-selling-ps3-games.html  Now let me find Xplay...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

i doubt that warhawk is no1 without the downloadable sales,because even npd and chart track didnt have it to high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

What region and what timeframe?

There's no way this can have any credibility, at least for total sales (maybe it's for last week sales), because if anything, DMC4 has only been out a week or so in Japan, and I think it just launched in NA/Others, so if it's sold more than every other PS3 game... well then I'd hate to see what every other PS3 game has sold.

Is this a joke? DMC is barely out yet, and they conveniently left out MS and RFoM

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Is this a joke? DMC is barely out yet, and they conveniently left out MS and RFoM

yep, according to VGC those are the two top selling games.

I would believe that Warhawk WITH downloads is the top selling games. But no way its without as they stated.

I can't find the Xplay mention.... but I'm at work and its kind of hard to not get caught watching videos about video games...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Maybe they mean they are the top sellers for 08 so far? Its the only way I can think of that DMC4 and warhawk could be in there.

PSN ID: WAR_MACHINE77  Wii friend code: 7186 4304 6064 5134 Gamertag: WARMACHINE mk2

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
Post here to play with fellow VGC members in WarHawk! -> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I left a comment on that site. :)

I guess it's a joke. I can imagine any region or timeframe this chart could be correct for. With DMC acutally it could be only Japan but the list of course isn't right about any timeframe for Japan (and we know it for sure thanks to Famitsu and MC).
Maybe it's from Amazon? Right now it's:
1. CoD4
2. DMC4
3. The Bigs
4. Warhawk
5. Assasin
6. Rock Band
7. Unchartd
It's not the same but close and maybe some time ago it was as sarcastic says?

SuperChunk: 

I left a comment on that site. :)

I'm not sure if they'll find out what "Fatmisu" and "Mediacrate" are ;)