By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Marketing Machine has woken! Game Fuel, Billboards, Movie theaters and much more

Goatseye said:
Munkeh111 said:

Well the thing is, Media Molecule has been working on Tearaway as well, SCE Santa Monica released GoW Ascension earlier this year and Naughty Dog released the Last of Us in June. They all have second teams who have been working on these games. The games will probably be announced soon, but they already have 5 first party exclusives announced for PS4 (and 2 for PS3)

Oh okay then, nobody in Europe who watches "Champions League Soccer" pays any attention to the ads despite the final being the most watched sporting event in the world. Oh, and this sponsorship leads to advertsing for over 100 matches... Unlike the SuperBowl where anyone watching internationally gets different adverts, everyone sees the pitch side ads which is where Sony sponsor.

And finally, I seem to recally Sony advertising God of War Ascension at the Superbowl yet the game not selling well, funny that

World Cup final is the most watched sport event not Champions League. GoW: Ascension was dead on arrival, it just had the usual fake hype you guys create about your games then they flop on sales. Look at TLOU, the most hyped game this gen but it's craling to get to 3 mil after being released 3 months ago in the wake of next gen reveal.

3m is quite succesful and thanks for lumping me in with PS fanboys. There is a reason that I haven't bought Ascension

World Cup maybe, but it is only on every 4 years. I am fairly sure that the Champions League gets more viewers than the Euros (World Cup equivalent for Europe held 2 years after the World Cup). The point is that Sony get very much behind football in Europe and it has proven to be a succesful strategy, especially as they have been doing it for many years now and will be useful as the popularity of European football increases around the world

Sponsoring American Football is something that will only effect America and a few weird people (like me) who watch the NFL overseas. Their strategy of including FIFA 14 with every console at launch is going to have a much greater impact

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:
I really hope you aren't being serious.

This is hyperbole of epic proportions. It's a sponsor; one of many.

Real NFL fans already have DirectTV and their fantasy football app. They don't require a $500 unit to perform the same operation they already have.

You ever use the apps on DirectTV?  They are god awful slow to load and function.

You're right, it's totally worth $500 for a slightly faster app. 

Some of you people try way too hard to inflate marginal things.

I don't think ND or sony is too worried about the more than 3.4million in less than 3 weeks

riecsou said:
sales2099 said:
Necromunda said:
Soundwave said:
The main issue with the XB1 is the $100 price gap, but I think MS will respond quickly if the PS4 gets too much steam.

Library wise I think MS has the better library ... Rhyse, Dead Rising 3, and Killer Instinct at launch and then Titanfall next spring trumps Sony's exclusives. Forza/Drive Club is a wash.

Considering Sony hasn't announced the vast majority of their PS4 exlusives yet... your point is kind of moot, dont you think?

Just seems weird that fans are ok with SOny staying silent on their games this whole time....especially with a rich, and I mean rich, history of annoucning games 2+ years in advance.

If you are leading on pre-order in America which is Xbox land do you really think Sony has to say anything while customers are doing the talking by pre-ordering? Its the same as last gen. Sony was doing all the talk (we have blue ray, the best  console, online is free, more exclusives...)while MS was outselling them until the $300 ps3 slim came out.

My whole thing is that they noth have the exact same number of 3rd party games coming out so far. They both even have the same number of exclusives coming out so far. So for anyone to say that MS or even Sony trumps the others is kind of silly whent hey are pretty even. So it comes down to taste.

Example Soundwave mentioned Ryse, Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3. The only game I am REALLY interested in of those 3 is Killer Instinct. And Titanfall looks fun and all but it doesn't seem like anything super new to me so I would like to try it out but am not sold on it yet. I actually prefer Killzone 4 at launch and Infamous SS over ANYTHING annouced so far. Infamous SS more so than anything seeing as I am a huge fan of the series.

They already have more than enough games announced and I am sure they will be announcing some more today as well. So hey we all have our preferences so let's not get ahead of ourselves saying either trumps the other(that's just ooinion) or owrry about them not annoucning things when they have PLENTY of time to do so. So we are all good people!!!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:
I really hope you aren't being serious.

This is hyperbole of epic proportions. It's a sponsor; one of many.

Real NFL fans already have DirectTV and their fantasy football app. They don't require a $500 unit to perform the same operation they already have.

You ever use the apps on DirectTV?  They are god awful slow to load and function.

One it isnt slightly faster. Like saying a bicycle is as fast as a sports car.

Two it is just another reason not the only reason.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Your analogy is really quite inept.

A bicycle and a car are not the same type of item. We're comparing like things - apps. If you want to make a comparison, use the same item (hint: bicycle brands, automobile models)

Nailed it with "Two" - this is a marginal thing that will produce limited resonance.

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

A bicycle and a car are not the same type of item. We're comparing like things - apps. If you want to make a comparison, use the same item (hint: bicycle brands, automobile models)

Nailed it with "Two" - this is a marginal thing that will produce limited resonance.

Analogy was perfectly fine. I was talking speed. DirectTv apps are painfully slow like the bicycle being slow and Xbox One apps appear to be incredibly fast.  As for two. To some people it is a console seller. My  sister for instance not a huge gamer has ordered an Xbox One and NFL Fantasy Football is huge on her list.

thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Analogy was perfectly fine. I was talking speed. DirectTv apps are painfully slow like the bicycle being slow and Xbox One apps appear to be incredibly fast.  As for two. To some people it is a console seller. My  sister for instance not a huge gamer has ordered an Xbox One and NFL Fantasy Football is huge on her list.

"perfectly fine" only in your own delusion.

Sorry but analogous statements don't function according to opinion. They rely on a certain set of logical axioms. You clearly missed that day. Yours was flawed. There really isn't anything more to say.

You compound the issue by offering anecdotal evidence. Speaks volumes to your lack of academic credentials on matters of logic.

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Sorry but analogous statements don't function according to opinion. They rely on a certain set of logical axioms. You clearly missed that day. Yours was flawed. There really isn't anything more to say.

You compound the issue by offering anecdotal evidence. Speaks volumes to your lack of academic credentials on matters of logic.

Everything is anecdotal at this point.  MS isnt stupid so they must have reason for this huge partnership with the NFL.  NFL Fantasy Football is huge in the US and still growing.  As for logic well logic is my business and it has made me wealthy so I will go by that and seem to do well with logic.

thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Everything is anecdotal at this point.  MS isnt stupid so they must have reason for this huge partnership with the NFL.  NFL Fantasy Football is huge in the US and still growing.  As for logic well logic is my business and it has made me wealthy so I will go by that and seem to do well with logic.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. I assume you know this? Perhaps not.

Of course there is a reason for the partnership - this will appeal to fence sitters and extreme fans, but not to the majority. 

If logic is your business, I assure that your wealth did not stem from it as you show a complete lack of understanding of what logic is. You cannot even form valid analogies - it's actually quite amusing to see. You even attempt to suggest through a non-sequitur that wealth is synonymous with aptitude. I can assure you it isn't...and you're a prime example.