By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Marketing Machine has woken! Game Fuel, Billboards, Movie theaters and much more

And they have something for people that like the other kind of Football.

Does anyone know if they make a 'fantasy football' league for non-American Football? (aka Soccer.)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network

Every one outside of the US doesn't give a ish about it.

Every one in the US who's not a dumb couch potatoe doesn't give a ish either.

So what's the point?

MOUNTAIN DEW

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

"perfectly fine" only in your own delusion.

Sorry but analogous statements don't function according to opinion. They rely on a certain set of logical axioms. You clearly missed that day. Yours was flawed. There really isn't anything more to say.

You compound the issue by offering anecdotal evidence. Speaks volumes to your lack of academic credentials on matters of logic.

Everything is anecdotal at this point.  MS isnt stupid so they must have reason for this huge partnership with the NFL.  NFL Fantasy Football is huge in the US and still growing.  As for logic well logic is my business and it has made me wealthy so I will go by that and seem to do well with logic.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence. I assume you know this? Perhaps not.

Of course there is a reason for the partnership - this will appeal to fence sitters and extreme fans, but not to the majority. 

If logic is your business, I assure that your wealth did not stem from it as you show a complete lack of understanding of what logic is. You cannot even form valid analogies - it's actually quite amusing to see. You even attempt to suggest through a non-sequitur that wealth is synonymous with aptitude. I can assure you it isn't...and you're a prime example.

Oh my wealth is 100% about aptitude.  People pay me a great deal of money for my ability to understand and apply logic.  Thank you very much.  You simply are trolling.  My talking about the speed of apps and comparing the speed of a bicycle to the speed of a car is completly logical. Like I said since this console has not released yet all we have is anecdotal evidence at this point. Nothing more.  That goes the same for anything you say as well.  You have nothing besides anecdotal evidence until these consoles release and the market tells us truly what is selling consoles and what is not.  

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Of course there is a reason for the partnership - this will appeal to fence sitters and extreme fans, but not to the majority. 

If logic is your business, I assure that your wealth did not stem from it as you show a complete lack of understanding of what logic is. You cannot even form valid analogies - it's actually quite amusing to see. You even attempt to suggest through a non-sequitur that wealth is synonymous with aptitude. I can assure you it isn't...and you're a prime example.

Oh my wealth is 100% about aptitude.  People pay me a great deal of money for my ability to understand and apply logic.  Thank you very much.  You simply are trolling.  My talking about the speed of apps and comparing the speed of a bicycle to the speed of a car is completly logical. Like I said since this console has not released yet all we have is anecdotal evidence at this point. Nothing more.  That goes the same for anything you say as well.  You have nothing besides anecdotal evidence until these consoles release and the market tells us truly what is selling consoles and what is not.  

Boasting of charlatanism; not really in your best interest.

Hyperbole won't save you I'm afraid, the analogy still falls flat on its face. We're talking an order of magnitude difference versus a few milliseconds. It's not even remotely close to an apples to apples comparison. Not sure why you're struggling to grasp this simple concept.

It isn't anecdotal to suggest that people buy video game consoles for video games; not NFL apps available already on a multitude of other services that are much cheaper. That's called common sense. Just as you don't buy a phone for the alarm...

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Hyperbole won't save you I'm afraid, the analogy still falls flat on its face. We're talking an order of magnitude difference versus a few milliseconds. It's not even remotely close to an apples to apples comparison. Not sure why you're struggling to grasp this simple concept.

It isn't anecdotal to suggest that people buy video game consoles for video games; not NFL apps available already on a multitude of other services that are much cheaper. That's called common sense. Just as you don't buy a phone for the alarm...

Again you apparently dont have a DirectTv box. The simple sports app to get scores takes over a minute to load sometimes. They are really unusable.  What we have seen with the Xbox One is that the fantasy app loads in moments. So minutes to miliseconds.  Not a few miliseconds compared to a few more milliseconds like you claim.  My boasting was based in my success being in a business that requires logic to be successful and thats all. 

Many of us are looking for more than a video game console. We have grown up and are looking for a total entertainment system. I see no reason to waste all the power in todays systems when we arent playing games.  Yes I could track my Fantasy team with a phone/tablet/laptop beside my, but why should i have to so I can spare the precious console from doing anything more than playing games. Love my video games, but not everyone in the family does.  My wife for instance couldnt care less (Yes anecdotal forgive me), but she loves the media apps of the Xbox 360, yet finds navigating between DirectTv box, Blu Ray player, Xbox 360 more than cumbersome.  Dont even ask me what it is like when my parents visit and watch our children.  

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

World Cup maybe, but it is only on every 4 years. I am fairly sure that the Champions League gets more viewers than the Euros (World Cup equivalent for Europe held 2 years after the World Cup). The point is that Sony get very much behind football in Europe and it has proven to be a succesful strategy, especially as they have been doing it for many years now and will be useful as the popularity of European football increases around the world

My understanding is that ratings are hard to track so general estimates are done given the vast global audience football has.  The World Cup Final gets roughly a billion or so (maybe as much as 1.3 billion) viewers world wide and is the most watched event.  It is generally followed by the Summer Olympics Opening ceremony.

The Champions League Final is the most watch annual event, with roughly 600-700million viewers world wide.

So World Cup is defintely bigger either final v. final or overall, but as stated, have 4 Champions Leage for every World Cup.

Should also note, major European club league matches get massive ratings as well.  Barcelona v. Real Madrid is the biggets draw with roughly 300 million or so world wide.  When Manchester United plays Chelsea and both are in top three as expected it will draw couple hundred million., can expect close to that for Arsenal and Manchester City as well.

These numbers are rather nebulous as drawing from dozens of markets and the pirated streams are very significant around the world.  if you want eyeballs, but those sideline ads on these matches and roughly 1 in 10 people will be aware of your product.

thx1139 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Again you apparently dont have a DirectTv box. The simple sports app to get scores takes over a minute to load sometimes. They are really unusable.  What we have seen with the Xbox One is that the fantasy app loads in moments. So minutes to miliseconds.  Not a few miliseconds compared to a few more milliseconds like you claim.  My boasting was based in my success being in a business that requires logic to be successful and thats all. 

Many of us are looking for more than a video game console. We have grown up and are looking for a total entertainment system. I see no reason to waste all the power in todays systems when we arent playing games.  Yes I could track my Fantasy team with a phone/tablet/laptop beside my, but why should i have to so I can spare the precious console from doing anything more than playing games. Love my video games, but not everyone in the family does.  My wife for instance couldnt care less (Yes anecdotal forgive me), but she loves the media apps of the Xbox 360, yet finds navigating between DirectTv box, Blu Ray player, Xbox 360 more than cumbersome.  Dont even ask me what it is like when my parents visit and watch our children.  

NFL Sunday Ticket offerings include player tracker with real-time scores and stats. The only leap from this point to fantasy league is your brain. 

The NFL fantasy football app is different from my understanding and not directly involved. To which are you referring? 

"Many of us" - another logical fallacy is attempting to speak for others. While I understand your personal appeal to the device, this in no way provides any logical argument that it's anything other than atypical. Most people know how to press the input button on their remote to switch between devices, I'm sorry your wife is completely incapable of rather simple tasks. 

dsgrue3 said:
thx1139 said:

NFL Sunday Ticket offerings include player tracker with real-time scores and stats. The only leap from this point to fantasy league is your brain. 

The NFL fantasy football app is different from my understanding and not directly involved. To which are you referring? 

"Many of us" - another logical fallacy is attempting to speak for others. While I understand your personal appeal to the device, this in no way provides any logical argument that it's anything other than atypical. Most people know how to press the input button on their remote to switch between devices, I'm sorry your wife is completely incapable of rather simple tasks. 

You know you can have a mature discussion or you can continue to go down and insult people. There is no need for that sort of crap.  Maybe you should mature a little.  

Maybe you have never seen a home theater system, but they are a bit more complex then that.  There is a whole consumer electronics category dedicated to high end universal remotes that try to make things easier. Is that category simply useless? Do they have no customers?  I think not.  When you multiple input devices, TV with multiple inputs, AV Receiver, etc. all from different manufacturers it can be complex.  Sure it has gotten easier with products like harmony remotes.  Still things are complicated and when they go wrong and unfortunately they do it isnt always a simple task.

So got home to give you some concrete evidence. Fired up the DirectTv box and it took 1 minute and 28 seconds to bring up the NFL Fantasy Sports app sign in screen.  Then shut it down and did it a couple of times again to see if any data/code us cached and yes it is so subsequent times it only took 40 seconds.  Still painfully slow.

This thread blew up faster then I expected. Either way this is a genius idea, I think people not seeing this, just don't understand football. It's going to win over some Sony fans and many that have never bought a Xbox.

DirtyP2002 said:
JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:
JoeTheBro said:
DirtyP2002 said:
I can't believe some guys here even doubt the effect such a sponsoring deal has. You really need to go to a marketing class and just learn the very basic stuff.

Oh boy.

OT: This can really help with the negative image of the console. Football=good, therefore item sponsoring football=good. I don't think this is going to pull football fans in mass to the console though. It only makes them like the concept of the new xbox, not necessarily feel the need to spend $499 and buy one at launch. Great first step though.

Care to share your wisdom?

It's just not chill to call people out like that.

So when people talk BS, especially the same people that talked BS again and again in the past, I should just let them spread their BS?

Sorry, but I just can't do that.
Especially when you look at the people doubting the benefits of such a huge sponsoring deal. Enditall, A_C_E, 007BondAgent, ... the usual suspects are at it again.

This is positive news for Xbox One, this must be "yeah, but..." stuff!

Oh yes Dirtyp2002, keep me in line with your wizardry of knowledge. My main point was against the OP, not the Xbox One. Read the original post and then read my statement. My response came from the OP's major over-exageration like  it was the end of the next gen already. Then I come up with a reasonable response and I'm the one spreading bullshit?...right, ok you just keep on 'keeping us all in line', lol.

The Xbox One's sponsored partnership with the NFL is obviously big and yes I doubt its benefits, but that's not to say I think it can't succeed. I do think it can succeed I just don't see how the casual NFLers would go after something like this when your paying over $650 after tax and Xbox-Live. Then you have the hardcore NFLers who are already setup for NFL every year before the season starts so why would they replace their old entertainment method for $650 to make their experience a little more appealing?

Now you can either come up with an arguement or you could call some random people out and call them BSers again.