By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many units will the Vita sell in Japan this fall.

How many units will be sold between september 1st and december 31st.

250k 23 28.75%

500k 28 35.00%

750k 12 15.00%

1 million units+ 17 21.25%

Total:80

How will the Vita sell with its fall line up? September-december?

Legend of Heroes (sept 26)

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (sept 26th)

FInal Fantasy X/X-2 HD (TBA 2013)

J star Versus (TBA 2013)

Gundam Breaker (TBA 2013)

God Eater 2 (november 14th)

Tear Away (TBA 2013)

Conception 2 (end of august but should allow for a strong september start)

Around the Network

At least double what it sold in the same period last year.

If the Vita gets bundled with the PS4 for 550 or less, tons of people are going to buy it in all regions, including a huge percentage of the people who hate on it.

teigaga said:

Conception

What type of game is this?  JRPG?

Probably quite well!

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:
If the Vita gets bundled with the PS4 for 550 or less, tons of people are going to buy it in all regions, including a huge percentage of the people who hate on it.

yea, but he said japan not western market, we dont even kno if ps4 launches 2013 yet, also you dont kno if a bundle is coming, why dont we just hope for a price cut 1st? I mean vita is a handheld first, not a controller, dont kno why every1 thinks ps4 going to boost its sales by a huge margin

Erm, it's doing around 15k a week. So that's around 150k for September to October, another 150k for November and 300k in December. So, 600k, up to 650k.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

My prediction is

180k=Sept
120k=Oct (pokemon comes out, it'll mke hardware sales drop)
230k=Nov (GE2)
350k=Dev

880k, so under a mil! No more than 1mil

tbone51 said:
soulfly666 said:

yea, but he said japan not western market, we dont even kno if ps4 launches 2013 yet, also you dont kno if a bundle is coming, why dont we just hope for a price cut 1st? I mean vita is a handheld first, not a controller, dont kno why every1 thinks ps4 going to boost its sales by a huge margin

Everyone thinks it, because PS4 could possibly more than half the price of the Vita if the rumored $500 bundle is true.  I certainly think that would have a huge effect regardless of remote play factor, which may or may not drive sales much.  Also, if they bundle it in the Western market, they could likely bundle it anywhere they want.  Price of hardware and memory is clearly what is holding the Vita back.  It is a great system otherwise.  I certainly don't regret getting one.

tbone51 said:
My prediction is

180k=Sept
120k=Oct (pokemon comes out, it'll mke hardware sales drop)
230k=Nov (GE2)
350k=Dev

880k, so under a mil! No more than 1mil

You're over egging the September sales. Over 40k a week, a 250% imcrease on now? Why?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.