By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - My theory on PS3 graphics

This is my THEORY on PS3 graphics compared to other systems. (please keep in mind that im no tech person and never was but this makes sence to me. see if it does to you.)

Each generation of PS systems the PS was the hardest system to program for so developers always had a hard time. So i was thinking that it would make sence if every time there was a multi platform game the dev's would make it on the easiest platform to program for to show off the game before release (ex: GTA4). And i think that that is the reason that most games look better on other systems such as GC over the PS2 (ex: RE4) because that was a port. So it makes sence to me that the games look beeter on the system that the game was made for. When you port it on the PS each generation it takes something away. But also each generation, whenever a AAA title comes out on the PS it looks amazing (ex: GoW on the PS2, Heavenly, GT5, Uncharted, etc on the PS3) so i do not think that comparing games such as Assasins is a good example of the PS3s power since i would figure it was done on the 360 first and then ported. I think that even though it would be difficult, the best comparisons would be the exclusive games to PS vs exclusive games to the other systems.

What do u guys think?

Around the Network

i think your theory is riddled with theological inconsistencys

DSLover said:

please explain i really dont mind being wrong

Few thoughts...

PS1 was not hard to program for at all. It was the easiest one hence why so many 3rd companies made games for it.

Gamecube games released on PS2 look better because gamecube is more powerful

All games are done on a PC(or mac if you are making Singstar :) ) then ported to consoles. Xbox360 is a lot like a PC so they are easier to port over.

In any case, you bring up a valid point that if companies take their time with games like Sony is taking with theirs, they can look amazing. I'm getting a little tired of Sony PR bullshit how Uncharted uses 30% and so on...give me a break.

There should be a device that measures systems horsepower...like for cars.

Well, Assassins Creed was made for PS3 first, wasn't it? As it was originally a PS3 exclusive.

Also, most games last generation were made for the PS2 and ported to the other consoles. The reason why the games looked better on the other consoles is because the Gamecube and Xbox were more powerful than the PS2.

Around the Network

ps1 and ps2 were like the least powerful consoles of thier generations but easy to program for, ps3 is opposite

the past is the past, there's no point to repeat them

what we do know is that PS3 is different to program for (unfamiliar = hard), you know it, I know it, the 12 yr old girl next door to me knows it.

So just get learning, geez! it's too early in the console's life to say how it will effect the industry

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
the past is the past, there's no point to repeat them

what we do know is that PS3 is different to program for (unfamiliar = hard), you know it, I know it, the 12 yr old girl next door to me knows it.

So just get learning, geez! it's too early in the console's life to say how it will effect the industry

Not really ^^; "Console wars" tend to be decided within the first 18 months of all systems being released..

DSLover said:

No, The Bible is riddled with theological inconsistencies. I think you meant something else.

And the PS2 was by far the most difficult console to program for last gen. It was the least powerful overall though (excluding DC) thanks largely to it's RAM and GPU configuration.

>"Console wars" tend to be decided within the first 18 months of all systems being released..

every generation is different. never has there been sooo many casual gamer buying console. Things are different.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)