By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much weight do reviews have on your purchasing decision?

So?

Alot, reviews come first 29 22.66%

Somewhat, reviews and faith 59 46.09%

None, blind faith! 27 21.09%

hmmmm 12 9.38%

Total:127

The moment I bought Little Big Planet on day one I stopped caring about reviews.

Around the Network

zero

The scores aren't as important as the content. Reviews often give you the details of what the game offers in terms of story, mechanics, features, etc. All of that can be very beneficial to someone interested in the product. You can only tell so much from the commercials.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a game based upon a review score unless there were very good reasons for not getting it. That being said, I doubt I've played many (if any) games that fell below the 7/10 spectrum.

Not that much. With gamefly, i just rent things that have questionable reviews, along with other good games that I simply cannot afford. Right now, me and my bro are playing through far cry 3. I knew it was an awesome game but I didn't have the money to spend on it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

freebs2 said:
The moment I bought Little Big Planet on day one I stopped caring about reviews.

why had it reviewed well and you hadn't liked it? Just that I didn't own a ps3 until recently and I got that game with it, absolutely love it to bits, no clue how it reviewed at and around launch tho.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Reviews give me an idea if I should buy a game day 1 or not. Low review scores and I will wait till it drops in price.

I've played games that were well reviewed that were terrible and games that have terrible reviews that were great. I've pretty much decided to take chances, worse that can happen is that I won't like the game and trade it in right away.

It depends on which game. A big release yes, a smaller release no.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I generally only read or listen to reviews from online personalities, that way I understand where they're coming from in a particular review. Even then, I listen with an ear for things the reviewer reacts to that I wouldn't and vice versa. Knowing the reviewer's tastes well is half of reading a review.

Reviews made by magazines, sites and people I trust, but also word-of-mouth, good record and reputation of the devs and good record of the series if the game is a sequel

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!