By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most creative game

JWC: Kid Icarus was creative indeed. I loved all the weapon selections and the dialogue was hilarious. They broke the 4th in perfectly funny ways and it just worked.

Hope they do a sequel for Wii U.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network
Wright said:
pokoko said:
Some surprising replies to this, to be honest.

My list would include:
Portal
Fallout 3
AudioSurf
Baldur's Gate
Shadow of the Colossus
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

You name Baldur's Gate, but then name Fallout 3 instead of the original two Fallouts?

Well, Fallout 3 is an entirely different kind of game.  The amazing atmosphere is still there but I loved the open-world FPS/RPG elements to death.  It was a complete eye-opener for me.  It had the fun of shooting stuff in a first-person perspective but you could play how you wanted, with the skills you wanted, and with as much tactical or strategic thought as you wanted.  In my opinion, an absolutely brilliant game that was hurt only by technological limits.

pokoko said:
Wright said:
pokoko said:
Some surprising replies to this, to be honest.

My list would include:
Portal
Fallout 3
AudioSurf
Baldur's Gate
Shadow of the Colossus
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

You name Baldur's Gate, but then name Fallout 3 instead of the original two Fallouts?

Well, Fallout 3 is an entirely different kind of game.  The amazing atmosphere is still there but I loved the open-world FPS/RPG elements to death.  It was a complete eye-opener for me.  It had the fun of shooting stuff in a first-person perspective but you could play how you wanted, with the skills you wanted, and with as much tactical or strategic thought as you wanted.  In my opinion, an absolutely brilliant game that was hurt only by technological limits.

Fair enough. You provide solid points.

Crash Bandicoot 2
Ratchet and Clank Those weapons :D
Little Big Planet
Mario Galaxy Takes the Cake though IMO Such a great game and was one of last gens. greatest.

Schoolmate

Any game that can let u do that is plenty creative har har har (NSFW)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
blackmagicwolf said:
JWC: Kid Icarus was creative indeed. I loved all the weapon selections and the dialogue was hilarious. They broke the 4th in perfectly funny ways and it just worked.

Hope they do a sequel for Wii U.

Kid Icarus has proven to be a popular title, hopefully it will continue on WiiU, but I'm sure for now Nintendo is trying to make games that will turn WiiU's fortune around, and personally I don't think Kid Icarus is one of them.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Kantor said:
Rather than just posting a game title, please explain what is creative about the game you are naming, or this thread isn't really going to amount to much.

I would say, in terms of "holy hell how did anybody think of this idea" creativity it has to go to Flower, just because not one person in a thousand has ever thought "I bet a game about blowing flower petals around a field would be brilliant" and yet it was.

Looking at more mainstream games, I think Just Cause 2 and its grapple hook and parachute were creative genius. They stopped the game from just being a dull generic open world shooter and made it memorable.

You're right, I should have probably done a better job there, but the main reason I chose it was because of it's levels, I mentioned that in the OP and I don't really know what else to add because each level was so unique and amazing, and posting just a video wouldn't have been any better.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Super Mario Galaxy (with 2 being 2nd place)
that game was so amazing, it feels, perfect, like there is no flaw anywhere withing the game. definately my favorite game of all time

Brute: True, but it couldn't' hurt. People are "complaining" because they feel that Nintendo is relying too much on Zelda, Mario, and Smash Bros., putting Kid Icarus back on the main console might help not just increase sales but people's opinions on this matter.

That and I really want to see what Sakurai would do with the Gamepad.

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Most creative game of all time? DooM.