By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

Wright said:
NYCrysis said:
ethomaz said:
I can't believe that some guys here are doubting CBOAT... the guy always leaked stuffs since 2005 with over 90% accuracy... the only errors was because desperates changes without he have time do say the sttuf changed.

He is a MS insider... some theories even says he is somebody big un MS.

He leaks GOOD and BAD things about MS... and it's not your fault MS messed everything with Xbone (it is more easy to make a new console lol).

PS4 domimation in October... hate or love, you will need to deal with it.

It's bad news about xbox what else would u expect from xbox fans? Also they seem to believe only the platinum exclusive truthfact.

Stop with the generalizations. I'm a Xbox fan and I don't entirely trust this person (As you should never give your entire trust to anyone, especially on internet), but if he says bad things about the Xbox, I'll deal with it. He has his accuracy level, and I don't go there saying that the Platinum exclusive is the only thing true in his statement.

Not generalizing just saying from what I saw in this thread and this wouldn't be the first time they question CBOAT

MB1025: 

"Yeah they have a list of the stuff he "confirmed" and a lot of it is common sense shit.

1. He said Battlefield 4 wasn't a timed exlcusive for XB1 - Well no shit

2. He said Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age wasn't an XB1 exclusive - Well no shit

3. EA dropped online passes because of MS DRM - No way to prove it, but this is used to boost his leaks for whatever reason

4. Black Tusk IP is behind in development - No way to prove it, but is used tp boost his leaks for whatever reason

Now there is no way to prove Microsoft is having yeild issues and that is why they delayed in 8 countries. Yet people are throwing around the word confirmed. I am sorry, but WHAT? Regardless of this guys track record it will take a little more than just words on a screen to confirm many things like this."

Jaywood:

"While  these are plausible why would this guy know about what is going internally at studios he does not work for?"

"Im just saying most of this stuff could have been said by your everyday user.  he isnt necessarily going out there telling us anything we dont already know(or think we know)."

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
Wright said:
NYCrysis said:
ethomaz said:
I can't believe that some guys here are doubting CBOAT... the guy always leaked stuffs since 2005 with over 90% accuracy... the only errors was because desperates changes without he have time do say the sttuf changed.

He leaks GOOD and BAD things about MS... and it's not your fault MS messed everything with Xbone (it is more easy to make a new console lol).

It's bad news about xbox what else would u expect from xbox fans? Also they seem to believe only the platinum exclusive truthfact.

Stop with the generalizations. I'm a Xbox fan and I don't entirely trust this person (As you should never give your entire trust to anyone, especially on internet), but if he says bad things about the Xbox, I'll deal with it. He has his accuracy level, and I don't go there saying that the Platinum exclusive is the only thing true in his statement.

Not generalizing just saying from what I saw in this thread

Well, now you have my word as a Xbox fan!

Wright said:
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:

Pretty terrible in terms of both quality and sales.

I guess we can rule out Altus then?

I would say so. I don't think Atlus will take such a huge risk with Microsoft until at least MS has a strong Japanese marketshare. Most likely MS would go after a developer they have worked with in the past, or have decent relations with. First thing that comes to mind in this case is Capcom or Konami.

Atlus is that kind of company that don't mind the risk, though. They've done crazy things before.

Yeah that's the thing. Afterall, who expected SMT IV to be on a Nintendo portable, or for Persona to get it's own fighting game? I guess we'll see what happens.

Wright said:

Well, now you have my word as a Xbox fan!

And obviously I don't mean every xbox fan just the "can't stand anything neg. xbox" ones.

NYCrysis said:
Wright said:
NYCrysis said:
ethomaz said:

Not generalizing just saying from what I saw in this thread and this wouldn't be the first time they question CBOAT

MB1025: 

"Yeah they have a list of the stuff he "confirmed" and a lot of it is common sense shit.

1. He said Battlefield 4 wasn't a timed exlcusive for XB1 - Well no shit

2. He said Mass Effect 4 and Dragon Age wasn't an XB1 exclusive - Well no shit

3. EA dropped online passes because of MS DRM - No way to prove it, but this is used to boost his leaks for whatever reason

4. Black Tusk IP is behind in development - No way to prove it, but is used tp boost his leaks for whatever reason

Now there is no way to prove Microsoft is having yeild issues and that is why they delayed in 8 countries. Yet people are throwing around the word confirmed. I am sorry, but WHAT? Regardless of this guys track record it will take a little more than just words on a screen to confirm many things like this."

Jaywood:

"While  these are plausible why would this guy know about what is going internally at studios he does not work for?"

"Im just saying most of this stuff could have been said by your everyday user.  he isnt necessarily going out there telling us anything we dont already know(or think we know)."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=76421147#post76421147

I don't think anyone is saying he's never revealed any obvious or safe things, but you're disingenuously dismissing some of the factual information he's leaked. There's no mistaking that he's an insider.

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:

Jaywood:

lol this is bad news for Xbox?  CBOAT says they are getting exclusives and you are implying im saying this is a bad thing for Xbox? lol

ok then.  Just like prof, dont put words in my mouth.

JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

Jaywood:

lol this is bad news for Xbox?  CBOAT says they are getting exclusives and you are implying im saying this is a bad thing for Xbox? lol

ok then

ok keep on ignoring the other truthfact bombs then ;)

NYCrysis said:
JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

Jaywood:

ok then

ok keep on ignoring the other truthfact bombs then ;)

Ignoring what?  What am ignoring here?  Did i ever once say this guy was wrong?  No i did not.  I said they are safe predictions as most of this stuff is already known except the platinum game exclusive and that is hardly bad news for MSFT.

JayWood2010 said:
NYCrysis said:

Jaywood:

ok then.  Just like prof, dont put word in my mouth.

I know right. If anything Microsoft paying for a Platinum game is a GOOD thing (they're funding a game that might not have existed at all if it weren't for them) - limitting it to Japan... not so much.

Of course if they're purposely paying to make a multiplatform game Xbox One exclusive... well then that's another issue.

Copy and pasted from Reddit:

Personally, I don't think this person works at Microsoft based on things he has said so far, I feel like most of the time he is over-simplifying things. I'm going to give my take on what he's "revealed" this time.

1) This entire point is vague. Not sure what he is referring to when he says our architecture isn't ready. If he is saying our architectural design isn't finalized, that is completely wrong. I'm going to assume he means certain features aren't fully ready to be shown, which is true. That being said, I don't see how this has anything to do with Microsoft not streaming Gamescom. Perhaps he meant because some of our features are not yet ready, the overall experience will be so terrible, streaming the conference would show how badly our console runs. Well, we will have 100+ playable consoles at Gamescom. Clearly not the case. The official word has always been Xbox One will launch in November.

To say that our latest July/August DurangoXDK (I assume this is what he meant by SDK) dropped performance by 15-20% across the board, this would mean I as well as a lot of people seriously screwed up somewhere, and I should be freaking out right now. Last time I checked the perf tests, they are on an upwards trend.

2) There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door. There is the possibility of our executives simply not revealing the yield issues to us because they don't want to hurt morale. I doubt this is the case.

Points 3, 4, and 5 I have no idea.

6) This isn't news. Marc Whitten has publicly said that the every console will be a dev kit functionality will not be ready at launch and added at a later date. More info will be shown at Gamescom.

7) Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.

On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1kmc8g/latest_cboat_dump_take_from_it_what_you_will/cbqhab1