By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

What exactly does he mean with truthfact 2?

Around the Network
chris0409 said:

He's calling M$ out on their bs regarding the delay. It's yield issues regarding the xbone's cpu/gpu die not the bs M$ is claiming regarding language localization.

I can't believe that some guys here are doubting CBOAT... the guy always leaked stuffs since 2005 with over 90% accuracy... the only errors was because desperates changes without he have time do say the sttuf changed.

He is a MS insider... some theories even says he is somebody big un MS.

He leaks GOOD and BAD things about MS... and it's not your fault MS messed everything with Xbone (it is more easy to make a new console lol).

PS4 domimation in October... hate or love, you will need to deal with it.

ethomaz said:
I can't believe that some guys here are doubting CBOAT... the guy always leaked stuffs since 2005 with over 90% accuracy... the only errors was because desperates changes without he have time do say the sttuf changed.

He leaks GOOD and BAD things about MS... and it's not your fault MS messed everything with Xbone (it is more easy to make a new console lol).

It's bad news about xbox what else would u expect from xbox fans? Also they seem to believe only the platinum exclusive truthfact.

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
ethomaz said:

It's bad news about xbox what else would u expect from xbox fans? Also they seem to believe only the platinum exclusive truthfact.

Stop with the generalizations. I'm a Xbox fan and I don't entirely trust this person (As you should never give your entire trust to anyone, especially on internet), but if he says bad things about the Xbox, I'll deal with it. He has his accuracy level, and I don't go there saying that the Platinum exclusive is the only thing true in his statement.

chris0409 said:

TRUTHFACT 2:
... certainly not for all 21 countries. Localization is absolute one hundred percent BS. TRUTHFACT. The excuses are some that nobody with common sense would consider. Look at the countries dropped. Cross references them against the languages being spoken [in them], official or otherwise in said countries. I said it yielded issues 2 months ago and the chicks have come home to roost. [something something Smartglass] Paying the price now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"A reliable source tells us that Microsoft is as much as six months behind in producing content for the new console, despite an expected late-2013 launch. These sources have told us that, comparatively, Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4." Kotaku in May this year, before the new Xbox announcement.

CBOAT comfirmed this in June saying Microsoft is having problems with manufacturing because of yield issues with esram and saying Microsoft rushed production of the Xbox One and were caught off guard by sony.

On wednesday Microsoft gave this statement: At E3, we announced that Xbox One would be available in 21 markets around the world at launch. This was an aggressive goal and the team has been working very hard to deliver Xbox One to as many markets as possible.Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets... (launch will be determined by several factors including) work to localize the Xbox One dash, incorporate additional voice and languages, and build partnerships to bring apps and meaningful local content to each country."

Some rep doubled down and said it was to localize language for the countries being excluded at launch.  That's a weak excuse considering that some of the countries being left out share the same languages. For example Belgium and Switzerland are being left out, but France and Germany are not, even though German and french are official languages. Plus localization is just a weak excuse period. Microsoft is obviously behind in production and are putting their efforts into their biggest markets.

gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
I hope that the other Japanese developer isn't Atlus. Persona 5 on Xbox One would piss me off.

The funny thing is Atlus made Shin Megami Tensei: NINE for the Xbox only for Japan.

I didn't know that lol....How well did it do?

Pretty terrible in terms of both quality and sales.

I guess we can rule out Altus then?

I would say so. I don't think Atlus will take such a huge risk with Microsoft until at least MS has a strong Japanese marketshare. Most likely MS would go after a developer they have worked with in the past, or have decent relations with. First thing that comes to mind in this case is Capcom or Konami.

Leadified said:
gooch_destroyer said:
Leadified said:

Pretty terrible in terms of both quality and sales.

I guess we can rule out Altus then?

I would say so. I don't think Atlus will take such a huge risk with Microsoft until at least MS has a strong Japanese marketshare. Most likely MS would go after a developer they have worked with in the past, or have decent relations with. First thing that comes to mind in this case is Capcom or Konami.

Atlus is that kind of company that don't mind the risk, though. They've done crazy things before.

JayWood2010 said:

So from this we should know

1. Xbox One is getting a Platinum Exclusive
2. Xbox One is getting Japanese exclusives
3. PS4 is releasing in October
4. Microsoft's best talent is in Black Tusk Studios
5. Big Park Studios is focused on TV
6. Rare is focused on Kinect

While  these are plausible why would this guy know about what is going internally at studios he does not work for?

Do you know who he works for? I doubt it.