By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

Nsanity said:

Copy and pasted from Reddit:

Personally, I don't think this person works at Microsoft based on things he has said so far, I feel like most of the time he is over-simplifying things. I'm going to give my take on what he's "revealed" this time.

1) This entire point is vague. Not sure what he is referring to when he says our architecture isn't ready. If he is saying our architectural design isn't finalized, that is completely wrong. I'm going to assume he means certain features aren't fully ready to be shown, which is true. That being said, I don't see how this has anything to do with Microsoft not streaming Gamescom. Perhaps he meant because some of our features are not yet ready, the overall experience will be so terrible, streaming the conference would show how badly our console runs. Well, we will have 100+ playable consoles at Gamescom. Clearly not the case. The official word has always been Xbox One will launch in November.

To say that our latest July/August DurangoXDK (I assume this is what he meant by SDK) dropped performance by 15-20% across the board, this would mean I as well as a lot of people seriously screwed up somewhere, and I should be freaking out right now. Last time I checked the perf tests, they are on an upwards trend.

2) There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door. There is the possibility of our executives simply not revealing the yield issues to us because they don't want to hurt morale. I doubt this is the case.

Points 3, 4, and 5 I have no idea.

6) This isn't news. Marc Whitten has publicly said that the every console will be a dev kit functionality will not be ready at launch and added at a later date. More info will be shown at Gamescom.

7) Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.

On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1kmc8g/latest_cboat_dump_take_from_it_what_you_will/cbqhab1

To bad even if what this guy says is true non one will believe him and just say he's lying and doing damage control

Around the Network

At least with CBoat he leaks postive and negative news.
More Japanese exclusives seems like big news to me, and I'd hope the Platnium game comes here. Otherwise might have to import.

It's just that simple.

Azerth said:
Nsanity said:

Copy and pasted from Reddit:

Personally, I don't think this person works at Microsoft based on things he has said so far, I feel like most of the time he is over-simplifying things. I'm going to give my take on what he's "revealed" this time.

1) This entire point is vague. Not sure what he is referring to when he says our architecture isn't ready. If he is saying our architectural design isn't finalized, that is completely wrong. I'm going to assume he means certain features aren't fully ready to be shown, which is true. That being said, I don't see how this has anything to do with Microsoft not streaming Gamescom. Perhaps he meant because some of our features are not yet ready, the overall experience will be so terrible, streaming the conference would show how badly our console runs. Well, we will have 100+ playable consoles at Gamescom. Clearly not the case. The official word has always been Xbox One will launch in November.

To say that our latest July/August DurangoXDK (I assume this is what he meant by SDK) dropped performance by 15-20% across the board, this would mean I as well as a lot of people seriously screwed up somewhere, and I should be freaking out right now. Last time I checked the perf tests, they are on an upwards trend.

2) There are no yield issues I have heard of from my leads, their leads, or our executives. What was told company wide is we will sell 100% of our production inventory on launch based on pre-order numbers. Every console we make until launch will need to go out the door. There is the possibility of our executives simply not revealing the yield issues to us because they don't want to hurt morale. I doubt this is the case.

Points 3, 4, and 5 I have no idea.

6) This isn't news. Marc Whitten has publicly said that the every console will be a dev kit functionality will not be ready at launch and added at a later date. More info will be shown at Gamescom.

7) Not news again, the same day Marc Whitten revealed the Kinect does not have to be plugged in, we confirmed there will not be a Kinect-less Xbox One at launch.

On the possibility of this happening March/April 2014, I have no idea. But to say the Xbox One's launch numbers will be a fallout is unfounded.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1kmc8g/latest_cboat_dump_take_from_it_what_you_will/cbqhab1

To bad even if what this guy says is true non one will believe him and just say he's lying and doing damage control

Probably not lying but he is doing damage control.

Also CBOAT's word carries WAY more weight than his.

gooch_destroyer said:
I hope that the other Japanese developer isn't Atlus. Persona 5 on Xbox One would piss me off.

I wouldn't worry too much about moneyhatting early in the gen.  Especially since its pretty obvious, at least when going by preorders, the PS4 is going to do great from the start when compared to the Xbox One.  Those exclusives will most likely be timed, or if they don't sell well on the Xbox One, publishers will try to make some of their money back by doing a simple port to the PS4.  This will be doubly so for Japanese games.

People shouldn't doubt CBOAT. He may post some common sense stuff, but he's always right. And he's also posted some stuff that no one would have access to and that makes it 100% obvious he's an insider:

He's leaked a game trailer months before the game trailer was released.

He's leaked accurate NPD data.

He leaked specific descriptions of the X360's architecture that were confirmed true later.

He's leaked specific games that would be at E3, and that no one would guess they were coming (like Mirror's Edge 2). Certainly not "common sense" stuff.

Don't doubt the guy. If he says something, 98% chances it's true, unless there's some last minute change.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network
Daisuke72 said:
PS4 launching in October?

YES!

Need to buy a HDTV before then tho :<.

What happened, are we back in 2007??

:p

Funny because this Reedit guy just agreed with CBOAT TruthFacts... so he tried to do some kind of damage control.

Anyway CBOAT have more Exec insiders because every time he knows more than MS exployees or devs.

And in my opinion crazy shits are happening inside MS everyrhing is going wrong with Xbone... the execs are eating employees livers because all the mistakes and delays.

MS is on schedule to a 2014 launch but they need to launch (even if just a paper launch) this year.

It won't be surprise if MS is still hiding unfinished hardware behind the Xbone box at Gamescom... the console was not sent to FCC approval yet.

Troll_Whisperer said:
People shouldn't doubt CBOAT. He may post some common sense stuff, but he's always right. And he's also posted some stuff that no one would have access to and that makes it 100% obvious he's an insider:

He leaked specific descriptions of the X360's architecture that were confirmed true later.

He's leaked specific games that would be at E3, and that no one would guess they were coming (like Mirror's Edge 2). Certainly not "common sense" stuff.

Don't doubt the guy. If he says something, 98% chances it's true, unless there's some last minute change.

Nice list whisperer. Fact is, right now is what is called demonization and FUD. Because there is bad news in the leaks "lying to the public AGAIN", "production problems", "ps4 launching before x1", the goal of a fan or ms themselves would be to discredit and spread doubt, and that's obviously what is happening here.

i wonder what could cause bigger backlash than Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive. anyone have any thoughts? because I'm lost at this point

theprof00 said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Nice list whisperer. Fact is, right now is what is called demonization and FUD. Because there is bad news in the leaks "lying to the public AGAIN", "production problems", "ps4 launching before x1", the goal of a fan or ms themselves would be to discredit and spread doubt, and that's obviously what is happening here.

PS fans on this site and NeoGaf do exactly that, so don't act like this is only a MS fan thing.