By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CBOAT is a dirty liar!: PS4 late October, One SDK not ready yet (hence delay), Platinum Games making exclusive for One?

lol at "WeeeeYEWW"

Around the Network
cheesecake said:
i wonder what could cause bigger backlash than Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive. anyone have any thoughts? because I'm lost at this point

Nothing that is a Platinum IP.  They just don't have anything big.

I think the scary thing is the thought that Sega might once more be whoring out an IP to the highest bidder, with Platinum as the developer.  If Valkyria Chronicles, for example, were to become an Xbox exclusive, I would be absolutely pissed off.  I have a very low opinion of Sega as it is, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see them make cash grab.

Troll_Whisperer said:
People shouldn't doubt CBOAT. He may post some common sense stuff, but he's always right. And he's also posted some stuff that no one would have access to and that makes it 100% obvious he's an insider:

He's leaked a game trailer months before the game trailer was released.

He's leaked accurate NPD data.

He leaked specific descriptions of the X360's architecture that were confirmed true later.

He's leaked specific games that would be at E3, and that no one would guess they were coming (like Mirror's Edge 2). Certainly not "common sense" stuff.

Don't doubt the guy. If he says something, 98% chances it's true, unless there's some last minute change.

Yea, the denial/downplaying is pretty funny.  Reading a few posts on Gaf and came across some guy who actually said it was a no brainer that Dead Rising 3 existed.  Lol.  He completely ignores what confirms CBOAT as an insider.  Not that it existed, but that it would be revealed as an Xbox exclusive at E3, along with Mirror's Edge 2.  The only part he got wrong was that Prince of Persia would also be announced.  Either he thought that the Halo reveal was PoP, which is understandable given how it starts, or it was pulled last second because they weren't ready to reveal it, yet.

thismeintiel said:

The only part he got wrong was that Prince of Persia would also be announced. 

He also said PS4 will not have an online paywall

I don't think anybody in this thread has been saying he has been wrong though.  Go through and see for yourself.  People has said we know most of this stuff already.  

I wouldn't be worried about another RRoD situation, guys.  That's why the console is so goddamn big.  They're doing everything they can to prevent a repeat of RRoD, and the thing has so much space in it and such a large fan that they have a decent amount of leeway with how much heat the chipset produces, etc. without worrying about the unit overall overheating.

I think that the yield issues would only raise concerns about reliability if the console were more similar in size to past consoles.

Soundwave said:
Okami 2 for XB1, made by Platinum. Yup I can see it.

1.  That's Capcom's IP.

2.  "Up until very recently I really felt someday I wanted to make a sequel to Okami, and there were others who wanted me to as well. But then the other day I heard the announcement that someone else would be making a sequel and now I'm just not interested in it anymore. Once someone else touches a world that you yourself created it stops being yours. There is no point in making a sequel when the world doesn't belong to you."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/12/07/news-kamiya-wants-to-return-to-viewtiful-joe-not-okami.aspx

Around the Network

Everybody in GAF are upvoting thig gif in Reedit.

DAT TRUTHFACT!

Everybody in GAF are upvoting thig gif in Reedit.

DAT TRUTHFACT!

JayWood2010 said:
thismeintiel said:

He also said PS4 will not have an online paywall

I don't think anybody in this thread has been saying he has been wrong though.  Go through and see for yourself.  People has said we know most of this stuff already.  

He never said that, he said he still is not sure if there was a paywall since he couldn't get any info out of his contacts from Sony.

Former something....

Blacksaber said:
JayWood2010 said:
thismeintiel said:

He never said that, he said he still is not sure if there was a paywall since he couldn't get any info out of his contacts from Sony.

I could be wrong on that but the list I looked at is this.

• Microsoft is actively buying PlayStation 4 non-mentions. If you don’t explicitly hear a third-party say “our game is exclusive to Xbox One,” confidently assume a PlayStation 4 version is available behind the scenes.
  • More DRM details will be revealed at Gamecom.
  • The power of the cloud is fake and done to camouflage their DRM. The third-parties were approached by Microsoft and EA and Ubisoft are Microsoft’s biggest backers, however, Activision doesn’t care a lot.
  • The DRM policy is said to be even worse than people are expecting.
  • Mirror’s Edge 2 will be shown at Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
  • Prince of Persia will be shown at Microsoft’s E3 press conference.
  • World of Tanks from WarGaming.net rumoured to be the Phil Spencer game.
  • Online Play will be charged on Xbox One’s Live service.
  • Dead Rising 3 and exclusive DLC for other Capcom game.
  • No online pay-wall for PlayStation 4 has been confirmed.
  • Sony’s has tightly locked any mention of their DRM policies for the PS4.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76421147&postcount=6670

Time to update the list what CBOAT got right!