By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - "PS4 preorders trending about 4:1 ahead of One in NA" - famousmortimer (rumour)

tuscaniman99 said:
No its a 0% chance that Sony dominates in the USA. Quote my comment all you want but Microsoft won't let it happen unless they want out of the gaming business.

Consumers decide who wins, not MS and their ability to keep throwing money at problems. They have no say on whether or not Sony can regain the mindshare over MS in the US.

US has always shown to be the least loyal of territories.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
@DialgaMarine
Uncharted 3 was bundled.

Then I guess we can discount every Halo (especially Reach), Fable, Forza, and Gears for the same reason? Bundles still count as sales for the fact that, on average, they cost more than basic SKU's and the consumer (especially in the case of PS3, as it gets may bundles on the market) had to make that choice to buy that particular bundle with that particular game, despite numerous other choices. Bundles help, but they don't drastically affect sales. That and we all know that Uncharted, and probably most PS3 exclusives, are severely undertracked on this site. My point is that Sony exclusive IPs have more relevance than you think. It has multiple potential system sellers. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Max King of the Wild said:
TheSting said:
TheSting said:

Crystal ball gazing? LoL

Nope. Common sense. Companies dont abandon their whole business stragety if they were expecting it to perform to expectations. Companies dont spend 1 billion dollars on games and 400million on NFL deal to sell as much or less than the competition.

No it's not common sense unless you can tell the future. Which you can't. You can gaze into that Crystal ball again tho.

Its not common sense to not completely abandon something you spent tons of money and time and everyone elses time on?

Can I please have your car, house and other valuables please?

You do know I'm speaking of the 1st post where you guessed the future and said the console was a failure at launch right? You claimed it has failed when it isn't even out yet. That other stuff isn't relevant to what I was saying 

TheSting said:
TheSting said:

Crystal ball gazing? LoL

Nope. Common sense. Companies dont abandon their whole business stragety if they were expecting it to perform to expectations. Companies dont spend 1 billion dollars on games and 400million on NFL deal to sell as much or less than the competition.

No it's not common sense unless you can tell the future. Which you can't. You can gaze into that Crystal ball again tho.

Its not common sense to not completely abandon something you spent tons of money and time and everyone elses time on?

Can I please have your car, house and other valuables please?

Plus if the boat that you spent tons of money on goes out to sea and has a big leak are you going to go down with the ship? Or use the lifeboat get back to land and start over? 

$100 cheaper is a big difference as both systems have basically the exact same third party games.

Kinect 2.0 may pay off for MS in the long run, but probably not until the system is a bit cheaper.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
$100 cheaper is a big difference as both systems have basically the exact same third party games.

Kinect 2.0 may pay off for MS in the long run, but probably not until the system is a bit cheaper.

Not if they take it out. It should stay in imo 

Well its obvious 4-1 is not true. PS4 has over 1 million preorders so I'm thinking 1.1 million-1.2 or they would have rounded up. Lets say 2/3 of these are in the US at most. 600,000 preordered in the US. No way Xbox One only has 150,000 preordered in the US. US should be pretty close with both consoles.

tuscaniman99 said:
Well its obvious 4-1 is not true. PS4 has over 1 million preorders so I'm thinking 1.1 million-1.2 or they would have rounded up. Lets say 2/3 of these are in the US at most. 600,000 preordered in the US. No way Xbox One only has 150,000 preordered in the US. US should be pretty close with both consoles.

Wait. What?!?!?! Deductive reasoning? on this site? You sir are extraordinary:). 

PS4 is outselling X1 100 to 1! Sorry, this whole Make.Believe thing is getting out of hand:)

tuscaniman99 said:

Not necessarily, specially is there's far more available pre order for ps4, everyone know there's supplies issues for microsoft.