By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be a Nintendo fan if Mario had never existed?

Tagged games:

pezus said:

Mario is by a country mile Nintendo's biggest character and IP (IPs? Depends on who you ask). Heck, even enemies of the Nintendo kingdom played it back in the day and liked it. We all know Nintendo release a lot of Mario games so I'm wondering if Mario is the reason you're a Nintendo fan. If Mario didn't exist, would you have become a Nintendo fan in the first place back in the day? The question is primarily directed at Nintendo fans, but it could work for other people as well (if they hate Mario lol).

On home consoles yes

But on handhelds, pokemon is actually their biggest ip

Around the Network

i wouldnt know. if Nintendo still did what they did without him then sure, Mario isnt why i love them but without him they may never have been THAT company

yes, i can name 5 other IPs from nintendo i like more.

----

if mario hadnt existed, we would have the same gameplays in other IPs.
Maybe mario kart would become a toon f-zero, or diddy kong racing would still among us.
mario party would became nintendo party
and new characters would be invented for platform games, maybe
maybe a greater focus in DK, metroid, star fox...

without mario I can see nintendo as big as it is with.

Yes, because my first Nintendo games weren't even Mario games, the games that got me into Nintendo were Donkey Kong Country and Super Metroid, and I immediately liked Nintendo there after that. But good thing they had Mario there, because Mario games made me like Nintendo even more when I first entered the world of gaming. 

Without Mario gaming would be completely different today, but assuming everything would stay the same then yes, because it's not like there are other options.

Around the Network

It depends on if they released their games on a Playstation console after they went 3rd party. If they didn't, then no. If they did, then maybe if they started to release mature games.

Don't count Mario from my signature and you'll know why I love Nintendo.

LilChicken22 said:
Don't count Mario from my signature and you'll know why I love Nintendo.

The lack of The Last Story in your signature disturbs me.

Pokemon was the game that made me a Nintendo fan.

*Looks at Metroid, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Fire Emblem, and LoZ*

Yes

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)