By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Aonuma/Zelda Team Change Artstyle for ALttP

The second Link looks more like Miyamoto.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:

LoL. I feel your pain. What does this mean for Wii U Zelda?

Well, I'm hoping this is just another promotional image. But if it were actually the game's art style being changed along with the promotional art style, then I would definitely be worried.

It's just a pic...I doubt it will break the game (which looks awsome btw).

BasilZero said:
Arius Dion said:

http://www.destructoid.com/link-looks-goofier-than-before-in-a-link-between-worlds-259632.phtml

I wish it were my friend. What does this mean for the Wii U Zelda? Oh how their little hearts will break.

Hopefully not as bad as the 2nd image LOL.

I hope this is a "Alternate" image since wont the dark world take place in this game? They did mention a shadow triforce ;o - so this could be..the dark world version of Link ? XD

If this is the official image, garbage to the max lol, it looks like the zelda cd-i artists made this lmao.

Edit: As long as the visual style in game doesnt change, its OK I guess although still kinda lame.

LoL. I'm convinced the Wii U game will not look like the E3 promo for it.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

KHlover said:
This image already is a couple weeks old. You guys sure are slow :P

OT: Ingame looks better than a few months ago, so I can live with this.

Ingame graphics > promo art

Haha. Sorry I'm a casual gamer.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

This was known since E3. The new Link looks more like the ones in the Oracle games.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Arius Dion said:
BasilZero said:
Arius Dion said:

http://www.destructoid.com/link-looks-goofier-than-before-in-a-link-between-worlds-259632.phtml

I wish it were my friend. What does this mean for the Wii U Zelda? Oh how their little hearts will break.

Hopefully not as bad as the 2nd image LOL.

I hope this is a "Alternate" image since wont the dark world take place in this game? They did mention a shadow triforce ;o - so this could be..the dark world version of Link ? XD

If this is the official image, garbage to the max lol, it looks like the zelda cd-i artists made this lmao.

Edit: As long as the visual style in game doesnt change, its OK I guess although still kinda lame.

LoL. I'm convinced the Wii U game will not look like the E3 promo for it.

The E3 Tech demo wasn't even a promo, it was a freaking Tech Demo. Aonouma already confirmed that Zelda U won't look like the Tech Demo.

Th3PANO said:

The E3 Tech demo wasn't even a promo, it was a freaking Tech Demo. Aonouma already confirmed that Zelda U won't look like the Tech Demo.

I whish they stop wasting time changing artstyle this time and simply use the one in the demo. Focus on making a better playing game than a better looking one.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

As if the original game had graphics representing its concept artworks. Who cares about the promotional artwork.

I prefer the new look. Even if I liked, and still like, the look of ALttP. Link had pink hair in that game... wtf.

What is wrong with all of you ppl? I think the second image is way better. The first one just seem way to regular while the second link feels fresh and looks way more charismatic. My point is, I've seen many links that looks like the one on the first pic, he looks just like the link in ALTtP, the Oracle games and Link's awakening, wich was fine at the time when we all thought he was the same link from these games. But now we know he is supposed to be a new link, his new look suits him and I think he looks like a more charming character.

He also looks more like the link in game, wich imo looks great. The game looks awsome and that's what really matters. I don't see why so many ppl care that your regular plain link has been replaced in a screen art,

Also its a art for Link Between World, not Alttp.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)