By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Pets announced

Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356

Wondering if they are going to announce more "pets" you know, so it doesnt sound like they change the word just to avoid being compared to certain game I won't mention.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Cobretti2 said:
kitler53 said:
Xxain said:
Considering SONY's marketing routes for Vita. This Makes no sense. This would be great for youngsters but SONY cut them out. This would great for female's but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on Vita.

the only way to have that gaming community on a system is to create games for that community to play.. 

if the OP was about bayonetta 2 i could easily edit your post to say..

Considering NINTENDO's marketing routes for wiiU. This Makes no sense. This would be great for the core but NINTENODO cut them out. This would great for teenagers but they were cut out too. There is no community for this on wiiU.

..but again, if you never make a game then the gamer for that type of game will never come.  it might not "make sense" but at least they are trying to reach out to more than their existing user bases.

Funny when a developer does this on a Sony platform it is  about trying to reach to a new audience, yet on a Nintendo system developers shoudn't release their games because there is no audience.

On topic I am sorry but if some of the comments in this thread are genuine and not jokes then there is a lot of dellusional fanboys showing their colours today.

not so funny as you completely ignoring the post that states sony shouldn't release this game as there is no audience when it's contained within the quote train in your post.  there were plenty of nintendo fans posting my exact rebuttle post against the exact hater post to which i rebuttled in the bayonetta threads.  not to mention that the use of plurality in the sentence you bolded shows i was talking about both sony and nintendo in the last paragraph. selective reading at it's best..

..and don't call me a fanboy.

to be honest I wasn't talking about you but some of the other comments, I only answered directly to you hence why I moved on to say "On topic..." to make the other comment.

This... This is... Beautiful... :')

Wiimote to Playstation Move. Super Smash Bros to Playstation All-Stars. Wii U Gamepad to Playstation Vita Remote Play. Nintendogs to Playstation Vita Pets. Sony does what Nintendoes.

And don't anyone tell me for a second that Sony doesn't know EXACTLY how bad this looks.

spemanig said:

Wiimote to Playstation Move. Super Smash Bros to Playstation All-Stars. Wii U Gamepad to Playstation Vita Remote Play. Nintendogs to Playstation Vita Pets. Sony does what Nintendoes.

And don't anyone tell me for a second that Sony doesn't know EXACTLY how bad this looks.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

you know what they say, Sony does what NintenDID

Around the Network
DeduS said:
JWeinCom said:

Seems odd that nobody likes Mexican food.  Maybe instead of assuming people just don't like Mexican food, you should probably figure out precisely what is wrong with your restaurant.  Maybe your ingredients aren't as fresh as they need to be.  Maybe you need to add more items to your menu.  Maybe you're charging too much for your tacos and need to lower the price.  Maybe you're selling tacos without shells, and then charging people a ridiculous amount for shells that they need for their tacos.

One thing is for sure.  If you're right next door to a restaurant that has been making pizza for years, has a great reputation for pizza, has tons of loyal customers, makes much better pizza than you, and sells it at a lower price, then you're probably not going to have success selling pizza.  You should make sure you've done absolutely all that you can to make your Mexican restaurant a success before switching to pizza.  If you absolutely can't sell Mexican food, then you should try a burger joint or something, because you're not going to beat the pizzeria at making pizza.

I don't want to switch to pizza exclusively - I just want to offer it alongside my Mexican food to appeal to a bigger crowd. I mean, the pizzeria is offering Mexican food as well and it seems to work for them to some extent. I know my food is fine because I have another restaurant in another town and people love it there. It's pretty obvious that people in this town just want something else. They don't want my Mexican food - they might not want pizza from me either but at least I know they generally like pizza. Maybe they would like burgers like you said, but I don't know that and I have no idea how to make a good burger - remember: I'm the Mexican food guy.

Should people not like my pizza, I can still check wether the endeavor in this town is worth it or not but at least I tried. If it isn't, I simply close down and focus all my efforts on my new opening restaurant in the other town, where people appreciate my Mexican cuisine. I think it's important to remember that my short term goal is not to sell more food than the pizzeria, but to make a decent living from my work.

Why is your other restaurant succeeding?  Maybe that restaurant has much better chefs, and a better variety of food.  Maybe your cooks for the other restaurant are world class chefs, and the cooks you have working on the food in the new restaurant are teenagers you hired of the street.  Maybe you're just trying to reheat leftovers from the other restaurant, and people find it icky.  Perhaps, if you put the same amount of effort into preparing the food in your new Mexican restaurant as you did in your old one, people would eat there. 

Oh, and one more thing... the pizza place?  They also have a bigger italian restaurant that's really popular.  In your successful restaurant, you already copied several of their most popular dishes.  Each time  you copied one of their dishes, nobody bought them.  In fact, less than a year ago, you hired a team of chefs solely to replicate one of their most popular dishes.  The results were so catastrophic that you had to fire the whole team after nobody wanted that dish.  So, you know copying their food isn't the right way to go.  You've tried it.  A bunch of times.  And it didn't work.  But, since your other restaurant at least had good food to start with, it didn't hurt them too much.  This restaurant is struggling and needs to build  a reputation for its own food before trying to copy the other restaurant.

outlawauron said:
spemanig said:

You must admit that SCE has always been a very reactionary company.....Rumble Pak and analog sticks for N64? DualShock !

SEGAS´ VMU in the Dreamcast ? This

So just found this thread and saw a few of the comments. I'm wondering if a lot of people even bothered to wach the video or read the OP. The only thing this shares with Nintendogs is genre. I guess that's good enough to bash on the internet...

4 ≈ One

JWeinCom said:
DeduS said:
JWeinCom said:

Seems odd that nobody likes Mexican food.  Maybe instead of assuming people just don't like Mexican food, you should probably figure out precisely what is wrong with your restaurant.  Maybe your ingredients aren't as fresh as they need to be.  Maybe you need to add more items to your menu.  Maybe you're charging too much for your tacos and need to lower the price.  Maybe you're selling tacos without shells, and then charging people a ridiculous amount for shells that they need for their tacos.

One thing is for sure.  If you're right next door to a restaurant that has been making pizza for years, has a great reputation for pizza, has tons of loyal customers, makes much better pizza than you, and sells it at a lower price, then you're probably not going to have success selling pizza.  You should make sure you've done absolutely all that you can to make your Mexican restaurant a success before switching to pizza.  If you absolutely can't sell Mexican food, then you should try a burger joint or something, because you're not going to beat the pizzeria at making pizza.

I don't want to switch to pizza exclusively - I just want to offer it alongside my Mexican food to appeal to a bigger crowd. I mean, the pizzeria is offering Mexican food as well and it seems to work for them to some extent. I know my food is fine because I have another restaurant in another town and people love it there. It's pretty obvious that people in this town just want something else. They don't want my Mexican food - they might not want pizza from me either but at least I know they generally like pizza. Maybe they would like burgers like you said, but I don't know that and I have no idea how to make a good burger - remember: I'm the Mexican food guy.

Should people not like my pizza, I can still check wether the endeavor in this town is worth it or not but at least I tried. If it isn't, I simply close down and focus all my efforts on my new opening restaurant in the other town, where people appreciate my Mexican cuisine. I think it's important to remember that my short term goal is not to sell more food than the pizzeria, but to make a decent living from my work.

Why is your other restaurant succeeding?  Maybe that restaurant has much better chefs, and a better variety of food.  Maybe your cooks for the other restaurant are world class chefs, and the cooks you have working on the food in the new restaurant are teenagers you hired of the street.  Maybe you're just trying to reheat leftovers from the other restaurant, and people find it icky.  Perhaps, if you put the same amount of effort into preparing the food in your new Mexican restaurant as you did in your old one, people would eat there. 

Oh, and one more thing... the pizza place?  They also have a bigger italian restaurant that's really popular.  In your successful restaurant, you already copied several of their most popular dishes.  Each time  you copied one of their dishes, nobody bought them.  In fact, less than a year ago, you hired a team of chefs solely to replicate one of their most popular dishes.  The results were so catastrophic that you had to fire the whole team after nobody wanted that dish.  So, you know copying their food isn't the right way to go.  You've tried it.  A bunch of times.  And it didn't work.  But, since your other restaurant at least had good food to start with, it didn't hurt them too much.  This restaurant is struggling and needs to build  a reputation for its own food before trying to copy the other restaurant.

At this point, you guys should try saying what you actually mean.

All these analogies are getting hard to follow.

Anari said:
JWeinCom said:
DeduS said:
JWeinCom said:

At this point, you guys should try saying what you actually mean.

All these analogies are getting hard to follow.

It seems like me and the person I'm talking to have a good grasp on it which is what really matters... but if you insist...

Why is your other restaurant succeeding?  Maybe that restaurant has much better chefs, and a better variety of food.  Maybe your cooks for the other restaurant are world class chefs, and the cooks you have working on the food in the new restaurant are teenagers you hired of the street.  The PS3 is succeeding because it has more games, better games, and Sony puts their top developers on PS3 project and generally uses second rate teams for Vita stuff.  Maybe you're just trying to reheat leftovers from the other restaurant, and people find it icky.  PS3 ports are not helping.  Perhaps, if you put the same amount of effort into preparing the food in your new Mexican restaurant as you did in your old one, people would eat there.  If Sony put the effort into the Vita that they do into the PS3, they could succeed in that market and wouldn't have to make laughable attempts like this to lure kids away from the 3DS.

Oh, and one more thing... the pizza place?  They also have a bigger italian restaurant that's really popular. The Wii.   In your successful restaurant, you already copied several of their most popular dishes.  Sony has tried to make products based on Nintendo's popular ones.  Some are pretty blatant rip offs (move) others are more original (LBP Karting) but at the end of the day they've all pretty much flopped.  Each time  you copied one of their dishes, nobody bought them.  In fact, less than a year ago, you hired a team of chefs solely to replicate one of their most popular dishes.  The results were so catastrophic that you had to fire the whole team after nobody wanted that dish.  Sony assembled Superbot with the sole purpose of making a Smash Bros game for Sony.  They marketed it as their big holiday release.  The game flopped and Sony cut off all ties to Superbot.  So, you know copying their food isn't the right way to go.  You've tried it.  A bunch of times.  And it didn't work.  But, since your other restaurant at least had good food to start with, it didn't hurt them too much.  This restaurant is struggling and needs to build  a reputation for its own food before trying to copy the other restaurant.  Sony has tried to copy other more popular games/hardware (not just from Nintendo) and make it into a hit for them.  It doesn't work.  Sony needs to focus on what they do well, and develop those kinds of games for the Vita.  Why not have Naughty Dog and other top developers work on Vita projects?  Partner with activision to get a *good* COD for the Vita?  Work with Rockstar to get some GTA games on the Vita like they did with the PSP?  There are definitely more productive things Sony could be doing with their time than trying to convince 10 year old girls that the Vita is a better system for them than the 3DS.