Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356
Alby_da_Wolf said:
@OP: Wait! Is it a real game? Isn't it a hoax? =8-O
Anyhow, if the game allows to shoot those ugly chihahuas and even uglier and pesky pugs and sell them to Korean/Chinese restaurants, I'm sold!

You made me think there were pugs in the video. Now I'm sad. :(

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Yes, because pet sims were started by nintendo...

Well, you know how it goes.  If Nintendo finds any kind of success with a game genre/device, you just claim that Nintendo invented it and all others are copying, regardless of the fact that their were several similar products before it.  This way Nintendo is the only company that innovates. 

kiddy console, confirmed

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

love all the reactions here

Click HERE and be happy 

thismeintiel said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Yes, because pet sims were started by nintendo...

Well, you know how it goes.  If Nintendo finds any kind of success with a game genre/device, you just claim that Nintendo invented it and all others are copying, regardless of the fact that their were several similar products before it.  This way Nintendo is the only company that innovates. 

Yup.  The Move wasn't a rip off of the Wii Mote, cause Sony had a weird prototype of of an oversized lollipop.  The fact that the final product wound up shaped like a Wii-mote, had a nunchuck, and came bundled with a sports game was a coincidence. I mean Nintendo didn't make the first motion controller.  They just both had the same idea and Sony coincidentally wound up at the same exact device... with a glowing ball on top...

And Sports Champions was totally original.  I mean, it's not like Nintendo made Sports video games.  And they didn't invent frisbee golf, ping pong, or sword fighting either.  Besides, Sony is totally original because they had Volleyball and Bocce.  Bocce in a motion sports game?!  New and exciting!  (Seriously, Bocce?  I guess Nintendo already took all the good sports and they had to make at least two of them different...)

And Sony didn't copy Just Dance with Everybody Dance.  People have been dancing for millenia.  Besides we had DDR before.  The fact that Everybody Dance plays like Just Dance is purely incidental.  (At least change more than one word in the title... or if you're going to rip it off at least make some improvements like Dance Central...)

PSASBR is also not a rip off of Smash Bros because Smash Bros was actually inspired by the obscure game outfoxies.  Cause you could jump in both of them and pick up items and uhhhhhhh... they had not much else in common (yeah I've seen that excuse thrown out multiple times).  The fact that PS All Stars had a similar art style, pretty much the same HUD, and featured almost the same controls, is just because that's the only possible way to make a mascot fighter.  (Sony even ripped off Nintendo's idea of having a shit online mode where you can't play 1v1 against random people.  Gotta hand it to them on the devotion at least).

And Carnival Island has nothing to do with the success of Carnival Games!  Carnivals have existed for decades, and I'm sure someone made a motion controlled carnival video game before Cat Daddy games.  I mean.... uhhhh... I can't exactly think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone could dig something from the bowels of the internet to show that Sony didn't rip off Carnival games... of all things...

And trophies are absolutely not a rip off of achievements.  I mean, we've been rewarding people for stuff since like ever.  In fact when Microsoft made trophies THEY were actually the ones ripping off my third grade teacher.  Achievements are just gold stars.  Can't blame Sony for ripping off a ripper offer. 

And this clearly isn't a rip off of Nintendogs.  Because tamogatchis existed.  I mean... tamogatchi's didn't feature a similar visual style or play on a touch screened handheld, but still.  Besides, these dogs talk!  And you want walk them in dungeons.  (Cause that's what we buy pet sims for.  Dungeon crawling.  Amirite?)  So that's two things they changed!

In conclusion, Sony is a completely original company who has never ripped off anyone or anything.  The fact that they frequently create a game in a genre after another company has popularized it is just part of what makes them such an amazingly creative company.  I mean, anyone can risk their company's future on an offbeat idea.  Mildly adjusting a previously existing idea and slapping a new name on it?  That takes guts and vision.

Around the Network

Well doesn't look horrible. That said there are two huge faults, imo.

1. I hate the whole dialogue of the dogs. Seriously who wrote their lines, it reminds me of the horrible cartoon shows these days and having some character try and act all hip. Just comes off like your watching your parents trying to act cool or something.

2. The name. Horrible. First Sony comes up with "Playstation All Stars battle royal" and now "Playstation Vita Pets" Seriously Sony, get a better naming department.

JWeinCom said:

Yup.  The Move wasn't a rip off of the Wii Mote, cause Sony had a weird prototype of of an oversized lollipop.  The fact that the final product wound up shaped like a Wii-mote, had a nunchuck, and came bundled with a sports game was a coincidence. I mean Nintendo didn't make the first motion controller.  They just both had the same idea and Sony coincidentally wound up at the same exact device... with a glowing ball on top...

And Sports Champions was totally original.  I mean, it's not like Nintendo made Sports video games.  And they didn't invent frisbee golf, ping pong, or sword fighting either.  Besides, Sony is totally original because they had Volleyball and Bocce.  Bocce in a motion sports game?!  New and exciting!  (Seriously, Bocce?  I guess Nintendo already took all the good sports and they had to make at least two of them different...)

And Sony didn't copy Just Dance with Everybody Dance.  People have been dancing for millenia.  Besides we had DDR before.  The fact that Everybody Dance plays like Just Dance is purely incidental.  (At least change more than one word in the title... or if you're going to rip it off at least make some improvements like Dance Central...)

PSASBR is also not a rip off of Smash Bros because Smash Bros was actually inspired by the obscure game outfoxies.  Cause you could jump in both of them and pick up items and uhhhhhhh... they had not much else in common (yeah I've seen that excuse thrown out multiple times).  The fact that PS All Stars had a similar art style, pretty much the same HUD, and featured almost the same controls, is just because that's the only possible way to make a mascot fighter.  (Sony even ripped off Nintendo's idea of having a shit online mode where you can't play 1v1 against random people.  Gotta hand it to them on the devotion at least).

And Carnival Island has nothing to do with the success of Carnival Games!  Carnivals have existed for decades, and I'm sure someone made a motion controlled carnival video game before Cat Daddy games.  I mean.... uhhhh... I can't exactly think of any off the top of my head, but I'm sure someone could dig something from the bowels of the internet to show that Sony didn't rip off Carnival games... of all things...

And trophies are absolutely not a rip off of achievements.  I mean, we've been rewarding people for stuff since like ever.  In fact when Microsoft made trophies THEY were actually the ones ripping off my third grade teacher.  Achievements are just gold stars.  Can't blame Sony for ripping off a ripper offer. 

And this clearly isn't a rip off of Nintendogs.  Because tamogatchis existed.  I mean... tamogatchi's didn't feature a similar visual style or play on a touch screened handheld, but still.  Besides, these dogs talk!  And you want walk them in dungeons.  (Cause that's what we buy pet sims for.  Dungeon crawling.  Amirite?)  So that's two things they changed!

In conclusion, Sony is a completely original company who has never ripped off anyone or anything.  The fact that they frequently create a game in a genre after another company has popularized it is just part of what makes them such an amazingly creative company.  I mean, anyone can risk their company's future on an offbeat idea.  Mildly adjusting a previously existing idea and slapping a new name on it?  That takes guts and vision.

Ok ok calm down now, don't get your panties in a bunch. Is it really THAT big of a deal to you?

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

jigokutamago said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
@OP: Wait! Is it a real game? Isn't it a hoax? =8-O
Anyhow, if the game allows to shoot those ugly chihahuas and even uglier and pesky pugs and sell them to Korean/Chinese restaurants, I'm sold!

You made me think there were pugs in the video. Now I'm sad. :(

Don't be sorry for the pug! Like many other pet dog breeds, t's been carefully selected, for a twisted sense of aesthetics, with functional flaws that later in its life brings it pain and ailments up to an often slow and horrible death, so shooting it when it's younger you're sparing it the suffering. And once you shot it, why wasting the meat if you can feed a hungry Chinese or Korean? Or even a Swiss?    https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&q=dog+meat+switzerland  (BTW, just teased a Swiss friend on FBK about this  )

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Because pet sims were actually big BEFORE nintendogs. /s

JWeinCom said:

Seems odd that nobody likes Mexican food.  Maybe instead of assuming people just don't like Mexican food, you should probably figure out precisely what is wrong with your restaurant.  Maybe your ingredients aren't as fresh as they need to be.  Maybe you need to add more items to your menu.  Maybe you're charging too much for your tacos and need to lower the price.  Maybe you're selling tacos without shells, and then charging people a ridiculous amount for shells that they need for their tacos.

One thing is for sure.  If you're right next door to a restaurant that has been making pizza for years, has a great reputation for pizza, has tons of loyal customers, makes much better pizza than you, and sells it at a lower price, then you're probably not going to have success selling pizza.  You should make sure you've done absolutely all that you can to make your Mexican restaurant a success before switching to pizza.  If you absolutely can't sell Mexican food, then you should try a burger joint or something, because you're not going to beat the pizzeria at making pizza.

I don't want to switch to pizza exclusively - I just want to offer it alongside my Mexican food to appeal to a bigger crowd. I mean, the pizzeria is offering Mexican food as well and it seems to work for them to some extent. I know my food is fine because I have another restaurant in another town and people love it there. It's pretty obvious that people in this town just want something else. They don't want my Mexican food - they might not want pizza from me either but at least I know they generally like pizza. Maybe they would like burgers like you said, but I don't know that and I have no idea how to make a good burger - remember: I'm the Mexican food guy.

Should people not like my pizza, I can still check wether the endeavor in this town is worth it or not but at least I tried. If it isn't, I simply close down and focus all my efforts on my new opening restaurant in the other town, where people appreciate my Mexican cuisine. I think it's important to remember that my short term goal is not to sell more food than the pizzeria, but to make a decent living from my work.