By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVita Pets announced

Thoughts?

Awesome!! Day one. 82 23.03%

Meh. Don't care. 53 14.89%

Sony, WTF are you doing with Vita? 182 51.12%

See results. 39 10.96%

Total:356

Sony has always been the most shameless idea robber of the whole industry.

But as always when they try to copy Nintendi, it will end up in a vastly inferior product who will bomb or sell much less than the original.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
PigPen said:
Why would Sony be willing to publish/fund this knowing it's a copy-cat Nintendo game.

So the wii sports, MK and SmashBros copies didn't already prove that Sony is to Nintendo as Zynga is to everyone?

Man, that was harsh.

Cubedramirez said:
The game being released isn't it itself shocking. It's the fact someone actually ok'd this, that's what blows my mind.

Quoted for truth.

So first you take this: "Our view of the ‘Game Boy experience’ is that it’s a great babysitting tool, something young kids do on airplanes, but no self-respecting twenty-something is going to be sitting on an airplane with one of those. He’s too old for that."

And the crowd cheers, and then certain posts in this thread.

God this looks terrible.

For the record I have two big pet peeves:

One, making non-animated animals talk, and two, making said animals (or babies) speak like they are "hip" or "cool". It reeks of desperation.

This game is guilty of both of those, which is a shame because if they had just gone the Nintendogs route of letting the pets be cute on their own it would have been fine. As is, I hope it fails miserably.

naruball said:

Lol this has got to be the dumbest title for a videogame.

Smart-ass

archbrix said:
God this looks terrible.

One, making non-animated animals talk, and two, making said animals (or babies) speak like they are "hip" or "cool". It reeks of desperation.

This game is guilty of both of those, which is a shame because if they had just gone the Nintendogs route of letting the pets be cute on their own it would have been fine. As is, I hope it fails miserably.

I see what you did there.

Around the Network
shakarak said:
archbrix said:
God this looks terrible.

I see what you did there.

I thought about adding a "no pun intended" notation but I figured I'd let it speak for itself. ;)

DeduS said:
JWeinCom said:

I'll put it this way.  Suppose you're setting up a restaurant that's right next to the most famous and beloved Pizzeria in a neighborhood.  You've never really cooked pizza, but you're great at making Mexican food.  So, are you going to try to open up a pizzeria hoping to steal customers from the pizza place, or are you going to play to your strengths and open a Mexican restaurant?

To continue with your analogy:

I know I'm good at making Mexican food and that's why I already opened my Mexican restaurant only to learn that barely anyone in this town likes Mexican food but everybody seems to love pizza. Should I at least try to satisfy the pizza-crowd or continue making Mexican food until I'm out of business?

Seems odd that nobody likes Mexican food.  Maybe instead of assuming people just don't like Mexican food, you should probably figure out precisely what is wrong with your restaurant.  Maybe your ingredients aren't as fresh as they need to be.  Maybe you need to add more items to your menu.  Maybe you're charging too much for your tacos and need to lower the price.  Maybe you're selling tacos without shells, and then charging people a ridiculous amount for shells that they need for their tacos.

One thing is for sure.  If you're right next door to a restaurant that has been making pizza for years, has a great reputation for pizza, has tons of loyal customers, makes much better pizza than you, and sells it at a lower price, then you're probably not going to have success selling pizza.  You should make sure you've done absolutely all that you can to make your Mexican restaurant a success before switching to pizza.  If you absolutely can't sell Mexican food, then you should try a burger joint or something, because you're not going to beat the pizzeria at making pizza.

@OP: Wait! Is it a real game? Isn't it a hoax? =8-O
Anyhow, if the game allows to shoot those ugly chihahuas and even uglier and pesky pugs and sell them to Korean/Chinese restaurants, I'm sold!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Well they did have Eyepet aswell so I guess it makes sense.

Lol