By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Reasons Xbox One is the console to own this christmas.

Would you attempt to mod or make an Xbox One game yourself

Yes 48 17.52%

No 139 50.73%

No but I'll play others creations and mods 40 14.60%

Modding sucks and its poi... 47 17.15%

Total:274
Multimedialover said:

Im amazed that users here think LBP is modding. Maybe im not on a forum where people actually know about videogames?

Again XNA/Arcade is nothing like it. 

Sony fans who seem to be trying ard to downplay the devkit thing.

Ask yourselves this. Why would Microsoft allow every single retail Xbox One console to be a full blown devkit? Surely its a waste of time effort and money if its not used and doesnt have a real mod scene. Not LBPscene. ROFL.

Im 1000000000000000000000000000000000% certain, Xbox One will have loads more unique Indie games than PS4 or Wii U could ever imagine. And a massive Modding channell.

It's great when people make bold statements. By all means give me a run down of your video gaming experience, sure it would be an interesting read.

That's the funny thing, in your own statement you used the term adding levels/changing characters and adding new modes. LBP does that. Ok it might not be modding in the hardcore sense, i.e I cannot change an XML file on the device to improve the graphics resolution, but I am using your generalist terms... that *YOU* used. 

Ultimately regardless of if its a dev kit or a machine that can run Xbox home made games written in XNA.. I can right now make a game for the Xbox 360, test it on my own Xbox and then follow a process and get it released on the Arcade. Please tell me why you think using the term "dev kit" makes it any different. The process may not be the same on the XboxOne, but If i am able to make and distribute a game and sell it on the platform, it doesnt matter an inch if its a dev kit or not. This is no different than now. Hopefully the process will be easier than the Arcade process (because its pants ).

You are talking matter of factly, considering MS have not yet released any information about their users making games yet, I think you should be careful not to stray in the "this is truth" that other people are getting criticised for.

Also I think you are just being a bit silly with these comments you are making...

Im 1000000000000000000000000000000000% certain, Xbox One will have loads more unique Indie games than PS4 or Wii U could ever imagine. And a massive Modding channell....

Really... I think you are trying way to hard to make yourself feel better about how badly MS have handled this whole XboxOne debacle.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

The amount of hate in this thread is unreal, it is ok having a discussion but when you are not using facts and when you are using your "opinion" as an argument then it is just wrong.

sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
sales2099 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

It will happen. Microsoft lied about the Kinect being depedent and if anyone fell for it I feel sorry for them. They know they want Sonys marketshare and Sony beating them out the game will stop let the truth come out. They admitted it so now they have room to drop the kinect in the press if the gamers choose the PS4 which is most likely whats going to happen.

Stop talking matter-of-factly. For all we know, it was dependent....for the origional vision of what X1 was.

FYI, im glad you dropped the whole "loyalty" sig.....bout time you embraced who you are. I respect that openess.

Watch my "matter of fact" happen. Microsoft is one of the most predictable companies. They are aligning themself for a Kinectless bundle for fear that Sony beats them.

Even I know its coming. But no sense releasing one when people have preordered the $500 sku. 2014 Summer is my guess. Due to the origional purpose of X1 being nullified, I would imagine a Kinectless sku is in the cards.

But again, you don't know if kinect was needed for the origional X1 design or not.

Definitely, but that price drop could come sooner than you think. Sony has MS on edge because they are launching head to head with MS. Think about it, I know I am not alone in the world. Microsoft wasnt about to let their Kinect not be profitable and give people the choice once demand went down after the first Kinect. The first Kinects demand was high out the gate but came to a screeching halt. They gave up the fact that the Xbox One didnt need the Kinect, yet still bundled the it on you (because that was their previous excuse why they couldnt stop the bundling). Still don't find that fishy? Wait until the Kinect comes out..the original process you're talking about with the Kinect was never in the cards or people are expecting a big disappoint.  If or when I when I get my Xbox One if MS of their own accord actually gets great games for it I will even get one. You can believe what they say or have faith in everything they overturn. There are software changes that they've made. Hardware-wise this was never one of them.

It could some Summer 2014 but I might come sooner than you think.

Madword said:
Multimedialover said:

Im amazed that users here think LBP is modding. Maybe im not on a forum where people actually know about videogames?

Ask yourselves this. Why would Microsoft allow every single retail Xbox One console to be a full blown devkit? Surely its a waste of time effort and money if its not used and doesnt have a real mod scene. Not LBPscene. ROFL.

Im 1000000000000000000000000000000000% certain, Xbox One will have loads more unique Indie games than PS4 or Wii U could ever imagine. And a massive Modding channell.

It's great when people make bold statements. By all means give me a run down of your video gaming experience, sure it would be an interesting read.

That's the funny thing, in your own statement you used the term adding levels/changing characters and adding new modes. LBP does that. Ok it might not be modding in the hardcore sense, i.e I cannot change an XML file on the device to improve the graphics resolution, but I am using your generalist terms... that *YOU* used. 

Ultimately regardless of if its a dev kit or a machine that can run Xbox home made games written in XNA.. I can right now make a game for the Xbox 360, test it on my own Xbox and then follow a process and get it released on the Arcade. Please tell me why you think using the term "dev kit" makes it any different. The process may not be the same on the XboxOne, but If i am able to make and distribute a game and sell it on the platform, it doesnt matter an inch if its a dev kit or not. This is no different than now. Hopefully the process will be easier than the Arcade process (because its pants ).

You are talking matter of factly, considering MS have not yet released any information about their users making games yet, I think you should be careful not to stray in the "this is truth" that other people are getting criticised for.

Also I think you are just being a bit silly with these comments you are making...

Im 1000000000000000000000000000000000% certain, Xbox One will have loads more unique Indie games than PS4 or Wii U could ever imagine. And a massive Modding channell....

Really... I think you are trying way to hard to make yourself feel better about how badly MS have handled this whole XboxOne debacle.

Its got nothing to do with feeling better. 

Right now after indie devs will have known for ages that PS4 exists, they still exclusively even last week release games on Xbox. Exclusively. 

Not one single person has explained why on earth Microsoft would make EVERY single Xbox One a dev kit. Not a seperate special sku or anything. Every one. By gen end their will be possibly between 50 - 200 million Xbox One devkits in the wild depending on how it sells at retail.

Noone has explained at all wy Microsoft are doing this.

Thats because they dont want to admit that its people can make or mod games at will if they want to. Simple. What other reason is there? Please elaborate because from an irony side Im not looking like the desperate one. Im looking like the rational one. Where others are calling bluff yet cant explain why Microsoft would have 200 million devkits out there. 

Lets look at this. Xbox One has the most varied lineup in its first year. Is a devkit and has 6 First Party studios yet to announce any games. Out of the box does not have stuff in there unusable without a further purchase ( like the PS4 controller ) and isnt in financial difficulty resulting in no borrowing for 10 years. 

That doesnt sound like someone being desperate, its starting to look quite one sided unless Sony can actually SHOW us these AAA games they are working on instead of promises. Cause right now the PS4 games lack so much.

Multimedialover said:
Madword said:
Multimedialover said:

Right now after indie devs will have known for ages that PS4 exists, they still exclusively even last week release games on Xbox. Exclusively. 

Not one single person has explained why on earth Microsoft would make EVERY single Xbox One a dev kit. Not a seperate special sku or anything. Every one. By gen end their will be possibly between 50 - 200 million Xbox One devkits in the wild depending on how it sells at retail.

Thats because they dont want to admit that its people can make or mod games at will if they want to. Simple. What other reason is there? Please elaborate because from an irony side Im not looking like the desperate one. Im looking like the rational one. Where others are calling bluff yet cant explain why Microsoft would have 200 million devkits out there. 

Lets look at this. Xbox One has the most varied lineup in its first year. Is a devkit and has 6 First Party studios yet to announce any games. Out of the box does not have stuff in there unusable without a further purchase ( like the PS4 controller ) and isnt in financial difficulty resulting in no borrowing for 10 years. 

That doesnt sound like someone being desperate, its starting to look quite one sided unless Sony can actually SHOW us these AAA games they are working on instead of promises. Cause right now the PS4 games lack so much.

@Bolded Well that sure is a rich opinion about you coming from you. It can't be biased, right? SMH... (hint: madword is the rational one here)

BTW, i followed the discussion between you guys and i must say, multimedialover, where have you been in the last 6 months? You know, those months in which Sony hasn't received a single indie dev complain, and in fact only praises and announcements that their games are going to PS4/PSVita.

@italic We don't even know X1's full one year lineup (going from what microsoft said they have announced 85-95% of the first year first partys titles), and PS4's is even worse considering it's still for the most part an enigma (~30% of firsty year first partys titles announce IIRC). So it's complete reasonable for you to compare both of them at this point in time, right?

Right.

Also, i didn't understand that second bolded part, are you saying in that part that the DS4 is unnusable without further purchases? Wut?

And i hope that you mean in that last sentence is that it's starting to be one sided for Sony, right? Ugh...

And lastly:

LMFAO. I can't - my sides! Ohhh boy, this is just too hilarious for me. That crystal ball of yours mustn't have been cheap for you, and i am sorry to say that you have been scammed by whoever it is that sold it (hint:this is as ridiculous as claim gets),

Not-so-proud owner of every current-gen system. 

Next-gen is upon us folks!

And some cool and inspiring quotes

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 
― Bernard M. Baruch
Around the Network

I wanted to be rich to get the 3: Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U.

Multimedialover said:

• This makes no sense at all

• Did you not read my post. On the Xbox 360 I can ALREADY make games without a special dev kit. Of course it can only be on arcade, but it can already be done... anyone can make stuff. Yes its harder on the PS4 currently, but it's not that much harder, you make a game and get in contact with Sony and they will send a devkit out... for free!  Just cause everyone can make fart apps, doesnt improve the quality of games.

• Because they have no choice. They cannot make enough dev kits. This is the easiest option for them.

• No one is calling bluff, its just not 1000's of times better than you are stating. 

• This is an opinion, not fact. MS have 6 first part yet to announce.. so.. .Sony has loads of double studios. Borrowing for 10 years... what are you on about.

• You just said MS have games to announce, so does Sony... Many of the Xbox games are not even coming out in 2013, so claiming the PS4 lacks them just cause they havent announced their games that are coming out mid/late next year... isnt really worth debating.

Ok as you seem to ignore everything i previously posted to your comments, I've bolded my comments in your comments, hopefully it makes you at least try and read them, ;)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I'll wait until a price drop. I'm not paying for Kinect. It's not needed, and I don't want it.

bobgamer said:
Multimedialover said:
Madword said:
Multimedialover said:

@Bolded Well that sure is a rich opinion about you coming from you. It can't be biased, right? SMH... (hint: madword is the rational one here)

BTW, i followed the discussion between you guys and i must say, multimedialover, where have you been in the last 6 months? You know, those months in which Sony hasn't received a single indie dev complain, and in fact only praises and announcements that their games are going to PS4/PSVita.

@italic We don't even know X1's full one year lineup (going from what microsoft said they have announced 85-95% of the first year first partys titles), and PS4's is even worse considering it's still for the most part an enigma (~30% of firsty year first partys titles announce IIRC). So it's complete reasonable for you to compare both of them at this point in time, right?

Right.

Also, i didn't understand that second bolded part, are you saying in that part that the DS4 is unnusable without further purchases? Wut?

And i hope that you mean in that last sentence is that it's starting to be one sided for Sony, right? Ugh...

And lastly:

LMFAO. I can't - my sides! Ohhh boy, this is just too hilarious for me. That crystal ball of yours mustn't have been cheap for you, and i am sorry to say that you have been scammed by whoever it is that sold it (hint:this is as ridiculous as claim gets),

Your so blinkered its scary. Your seeing Indie dev who spent over 10,000 grand on a PS4 devkit as the only devs this gen. 

Im seeing the thousands of potential Indie devs in their bedrooms right now with not the money to buy these expensive Sony kits.

There ( if your not blinkered to the industry as it was last gen ) is your 1000's of unreleased PS4 games that are only released on The One because Microsoft have cut WAY in front of PS4 by takig out the need to spend, taken out the need to get a publisher.

So now an Indie dev need $499, free software and can now self publish. Unless Sony give Indie devs PS4 dev kits free, they cant compete with that. Let alone modding.

Alot of Sony fans seem to cling to last generations mechanics. They dont seem to be very open minded or think out of the box. Unusual for a crowd who claim to like out of the box game ideas.

Nice people, Not to bright though. The Oracle - The Matrix.