By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Twisted Metal Confirmed for PS3

4D Gamer III said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:
ChronotriggerJM said:
4D Gamer III said:
What a dated franchise. It worries me to see Sony digging so deep in its archives to try and come up with worthwhile game to add to its PS3 library. Eitherway this holds more promise than Warhawk did, which was a mediocre half assed PS game and a fairly novel PS3 remake.

But there's no reason they shouldn't make it.

Thats awesome =D, someone brings up the Twisted Metal series comming to PS3, MANY people praise the fact and accept it as a great series to have brought up, and you consider it a panic attempt >_>; I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't be high time for this game to show up considering the new emphasis on Online gameplay, same goes for Warhawk, a game seemingly designed for online and or party play. How is this digging deep?

The ones excited about it are Sony fans. But I'm not a Sony fan, so clearly my perspective isn't going to be the same. All I offered was an opinion and an observation. If that bothers you, then perhaps this website isn't the place for you.

You would be in a Sony topic right? An annoucement was made, and the fans appreciate. Do you want more people in your Brawl forums telling you how much Brawl sucks? Generally we refer to these people as Trolls, or Pie Shitters lol. I mean honestly your statement was pretty far off of being remotely contructive. I'm glad you have your opinion of the titles, but I still fail to see how more games = Sony's desparate -_-

It was on the front page and I read it, simple as that. There is no arguing Twisted Metal got stale and faded off, but I never said it "sucked" or that this new version would suck. You're just over-reacting and exageration to force your plight of Sony victimization on me.

Not only is my modest response to the topic turned into an attack on the game, but Nintendo is brought into the discussion automatically as your defense. You're just too paranoid that anything that isn't blind praise is automatically defamation of Sony and clearly Nintendo stands in stark contrast as the opposition of choice to bring up in any discussion resulting there of.

I suspect desperation on Sony's part because of this huge resurgance in first party games, something they didn't need to bother with last generation when the PS2 had more than enough third party support to go around. This of course is only a theory so why you feel it such a threat is beyond me.

I never attacked the topic or anyone else in it. It was you and others like you upset that someone tried to interject the high fiving with something other than blind support.

Twisted Metal and Smash Brothers have nothing what-so-ever incommon so stop trying to compare them as if you have any ground to cry troll.

First Bold: Have you never heard of Twisted Metal Black and Twisted Metal Black: Online? Both were extremely popular games on the PS2. Twisted Metal was not something that was popular at one point in time in the days of PS1. TM 3 and 4 were trash on the PS1 simply because 989 studios was working on those games instead of the original Singletrac team. In 2001 Singletrac came back together in the form of Incognito and created a great PS2 TM game that was arguably the first killer-app for the system. The game was very well done with some very smart AI for the time. The computer was well known for setting traps against you. Then about a year later the online version came out and was packed in with the Network Adapter, which were both moderately successful. Finally in 2004 the PSP was released and yet another TM came out and again we saw stellar sales. Many including myself considered it the spiritual successor to TM2. So Twisted Metal never faded away. The only reason we never saw a sequel to Black was because Jaffe wanted to work on something new, which happened to be one of his masterpieces: God of War. 

As for the second bolded paragraph: Again I think you're off-base. Sony has always had a strong 1st/2nd party showing, especially in the early period of their console's launch. Like I said earlier, TM was one of the first killer-apps for the PS2. Shortly after that Gran Turismo 3 came out. After that we saw Jak and Daxter made by Naughty Dawg (who also created Uncharted). Although it wasn't a commercial success, another great 1st party title was Ico. Beyond the first year of the PS2 we saw other first party titles like: Socom, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, God of War, Dark Cloud, Hot Shots Golf, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Rogue Galaxy, Syphon Filter, The Getaway. And don't forget all the sequels to those games. Sony's first party presence is slightly bigger now only because they have been buying up studios since the PS1 days. Sony's "first party resurgence" is nothing new that has sprung up out of "desperation." 

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

A group over at Gamefaq managed to decipher the message in record time, discovering that it reads: METAL IS COMING ON PSTHREE. Jaffe said they just started there first game (now revealed to be TM) and that it won't be ready till at least late 09. PS3 slimline confirmed before Q4 2009.

oh yeah baby! TM2 forever )))

Cool! I always liked Twisted Metal on Playstation! Its fun to diverge in driving games outside of sim's or standard arcade racers at times.

^havent you played it on ps2 it has the best version

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
4D Gamer III said:
What a dated franchise. It worries me to see Sony digging so deep in its archives to try and come up with worthwhile game to add to its PS3 library. Eitherway this holds more promise than Warhawk did, which was a mediocre half assed PS game and a fairly novel PS3 remake.

But there's no reason they shouldn't make it.

Just like all those Mario games and Halo right?  Seriously dude, Sony has been one of the best about making new IP's this generation (along with MS), so put down the haterade.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

brute said:
^havent you played it on ps2 it has the best version

No, I haven't. I have played something similar on x-box though; Roadkill. That was kinda fun as well, but didn't have the great soundtrack!

Except Smash Brothers has been a consistant thriving franchise, its never fallen, never declined. Twisted Metal made a big splash and after peaking with a couple sequels droped off, unable towards the end of the 5th generation and the beginning of the 6th to compete as a worthwhile game. Its biggest problem of course as with many non-Nintendo franchises is lack of innovation or change.

No, its biggest problem was that it started to suck. And that was because the franchise was moved away from Jaffe's team to 989 Studios, Sony's shovelware factory. The series recovered immediately once Jaffe became involved again.

There's ridiculous amounts of potential for Twisted Metal now. Imagine 16-player (or more) online battles. That alone would be enough to revive the series.

Axel rules!

Too bad I don't have a PS3. I'd definitely love a new Twisted Metal. I really enjoyed Black.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Online multiplayer with an updated gfx and physics engine allowed by the PS3 SHOULD be fun, assuming it's well designed.

Looking forward to see what comes of it.